Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? (1817 Views)

GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? / Tayo Aderinokun, GTBank CEO, Passes On / When Did You Know You'd Be Bagging A 3rd Class (or Pass) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by bilms(m): 9:58am On Oct 12, 2014
WHEN DID GTBANK BECOME THIS USELESS?

I do not know when GTB suddenly become this kind of a useless bank, but what one of My friend is currently experiencing is very frustrating and a betrayal of customers trust.
This is what happened.
A friend of mine (Ib) operate a GTB savings account in Ilorin, Kwara state, but due to his kind of job, he suddenly find himself in Delta state, a remote town that only one bank operates there (ECOBANK). Whenever he needs to lodge money into his account, there is no way to do that, but finally, he had an agreement with the ECOBANK in the town. One of the ECOBANK staff would receive the amount to be lodged in cash, then transfer the amount to his GTB account. This has been the way since he gets to that town. And if they need to withdraw cash for any reason, of course, the ATM is there.
But for the past 3 weeks, my friend IB has been unable to withdraw money from his GTB account. He noticed it first when he went to Asaba and tried to withdraw with his ATM and it declined. So, he went to the nearest GTB to complain and they told his his account has been suspended. Why he asked, but they couldn’t provide any reason. But after much pressure, they told him ECOBANK asked them to suspend the account without giving any reason and they did. This is so confusing.
IB went back to the town to meet the ECOBANK he has been dealing with and they said there is no any problem. They said there bank didn’t send any message to any bank to suspend his account. Why would they, they asked. IB also meet with the staff that has always been handling the transaction and he also confirm that nothing is wrong, that there bank didn’t send any message to any bank.
IB finally find his way out of Delta back to his base in Ilorin, he went to his bank to complain, but still, they gave him the same story. ECOBANK asked them to freeze the account. On what basis, nothing they said.
Its over 2 weeks, a customers account has been suspended, he needs to withdraw badly, but he cant because his bank said another bank asked them to suspend his account without any reason.
He has been patronizing the bank now for almost a month, they keep telling the same story that ECOBANK asked them to suspend his account, no reason was given for the suspension,yet, he cant withdrew his cash. This has put him in a serious financial crisis.
Ordinarily, a business he was expected to complete with 20k to receive his cash balance has been broken. He has also failed to meet many of his other financial obligations because of this problem. He could not even provide for his family during Sallah festival. This is so frustrating.
Now, he doesn’t know what to do. How can they pay back all this difficult situation and lost of business?
Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by bilms(m): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2014
whats this?
Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by kokkoma: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2014
The account must have bn suspended brcause of his friend who is a staff of Eco bank. They keep tab on dia staff. They must have susprcted some foul play. Ask ur bank what they want you to do to correct the anomally. Eco bank friend may not even know about it.
Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by bilms(m): 10:36am On Oct 12, 2014
they said ecobank ask them to suspend it....no reason given.......its almost a month, no solution provided..they keep saying they ill send mail... ecobank said they didnt ask any bank to suspend any account..
Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by idu1(m): 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sue them

1 Like

Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by Dudecollins(m): 4:45am On Oct 13, 2014
VOTE TEAM STARLIGHT IN THE P&G CEO CHALLENGE

What is P&G CEO Challenge?
P&G CEO Challenge is a competition organised for University and MBA students by a multinational consumer goods company, Procter&Gamble (P&G). Teams of 3 individuals(enrolled at the same university) registered to compete in 5 elimination rounds of exciting case study challenges against students of other universities across the globe (Nigeria, South Africa, Morocco, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan and many more). The challenge is designed to run in 5 stages
Phase 1: Brand Manager Challenge (20 teams get promoted to Phase 2)
Phase 2: Country Manager Challenge (5 teams get promoted to Phase 3)
Phase 3: CFO Challenge (1 Team gets promoted to Phase 4)
Phase 4: COO Challenge (The Winning team competes with regional counterparts)
Phase 5: CEO Challenge (1 Winning team competes with their global counterparts in DUBAI)
To qualify for The CEO Challenge phase 1, each team has to prove its NET WORTH by securing NOT LESS THAN 60 likes and votes (i.e. as many likes&votes as possible but not less than 60).

Team STARLIGHT is one of the teams competing in this challenge and we need your help to vote for us and get us qualified.
To vote for Team STARLIGHT;
Visit this link www.woobox.com/odgogp/vote/for/4899126
Like the page by clicking the Facebook “like” icon and then the “continue” icon on the page to verify that you liked the page (you may be required to input your Facebook login details here).
Vote team STARLIGHT by clicking the “vote” icon on the page and also like the Team STARLIGHT picture itself.
We REALLY need your vote & motivation pls……our NET WORTH is ultimately a value of our NETWORK. Voting ends on 20th October, 2014.

Remember, it’s all about Team STARLIGHT and voting is not compatible with Opera Mini browser. Use UC Web browser or Phone browser. (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome browser, Internet Explorer 9 and Safari are also compatible browsers). You can always re-launch the site whenever the “like” or the “continue” button fails to come up. Thanks. Love you all. Kindly share/rebroadcast.
Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by EneJay: 8:29am On Oct 13, 2014
There are several reasons why your friend had his account restricted.

1. Investigations on the Ecobank staff (it is against banking ethics for a third parties money to pass through a staff account). Their audit and investigations team may have noticed a trend and the staff is unable to give a satisfactory explanation as to the source of funds (of course he cannot say he is helping a friend wire money).
2. The Ecobank staff will definitely not be in the picture of any request from his bank given the above.
3. Your friend is either not telling you the whole truth. Gtbank has an obligation to inform you the reason (s) why your account is restricted so you can resolve the isssue.

What ever the case, you can call the customer care line and send a mail to their compliance unit for resolution.

Gtbank is the most responsive and responsible bank Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by bilms(m): 9:24am On Oct 13, 2014
Why wont my friend tell me the whole truth?

I am very sure you work with GTB from your tune and here, the issue has been ongoing for close to a month..countless visitation to their office with no explanation..GTB is not responsive, not reliable and as far as this case is concerned, they didnt act responsibly.

I am going there today
Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by Nutase: 9:56am On Oct 13, 2014
@op why are u drinking chloroquine for another mans malaria.Remember say chloroquine get side effects
Let me educate you a bit. NO BANK has the right to suspend/freeze your account without a good or justifiable reason. Whenever a bank does such go and check it out something illegal or suspicious must have happened (I doubt if he will tell u if he did an illegal deal).
If he didn't indulge in any illegal runs he should get a good lawyer to write the bank.
In conclusion, @op face your work.

1 Like

Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by bilms(m): 11:14am On Oct 13, 2014
?
Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
@OP
Why didn't your friend open an ECOBANK account, deposit his money into ecobank account, then have his money transfer to his GTBank account via Internet Banking?

It's totally unfair of you to label GTBank as useless for your friend's carelessness.
Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by mhm(m): 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
something suspicious activity most likely went on. what benefit does GTB derive in suspening his account for no reason. he probably has not told you the whole story or the staff at ecobank did something (probably unrelated) which is being looked into by ecobank
Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
EneJay:
Gtbank is the most responsive and responsible bank Nigeria.
This is a lie and a blatant lie ...... If you are dealing with GT in small cash , you will enjoy their service but Huge sum .... Taaa !!

GT is one of the most unresponsive and irresponsible bank in Nigeria ... Anytime my Org send me to GT I just cry cuz I know that will be where I will spend my 12hours ..... A colleague lost it last week with them ... From 11am till 6pm of waiting for cash and @the end of that day He was asked to come back the following day ... grin ....

I still love GT cuz it's my numero uno bank but interms of service delivery , FirstBank always the First !!
Re: When Did Gtbank Become This Useless? by ladymichael: 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
donroxy:
This is a lie and a blatant lie ...... If you are dealing with GT in small cash , you will enjoy their service but Huge sum .... Taaa !!

GT is one of the most unresponsive and irresponsible bank in Nigeria ... Anytime my Org send me to GT I just cry cuz I know that will be where I will spend my 12hours ..... A colleague lost it last week with them ... From 11am till 6pm of waiting for cash and @the end of that day He was asked to come back the following day ... grin ....

I still love GT cuz it's my numero uno bank but interms of service delivery , FirstBank always the First !!

you must be a staff of fbn because every one knows fbn is not number 1 in service.so ,please.

(1) (Reply)

12 Things You Must NEVER Reveal About Yourself At Work / How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career / Will ICAN and MSc Econs Help Me Get An Oil & Gas Job? Candid Opinions Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.