Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,284 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? (3967 Views)

Praise/worship Songs In Your Language / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Powerful Worship Songs. Sing All This Before Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by Keenysbojan(m): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
I have been bothered and I have been trying to
ask some Muslims wether they have worship
songs both I am yet to be lucky to see or to
have a Muslim friend..though I do see them
everywhere,but I don't have any relationship
with any of them... I did not hate them
anyway,but I am yet to have a friend as a Muslim
or to have any relationship with any of them..

back to business

I believe some Christians will read this thread
and some Muslims will also do... you know we
Christian have worship songs,

here I am to worship here I am to bow down
here I am to say you are my God....

you deserve the glory and the honour lord I lift
my hands in worship as I bless your holy
name..and so on

and those worship songs will quickly connect
your spirit with God and you will begin to realize
how great is God... and your heart will begin to
let know that you have sin against him and so on
and so forth..

but my real question is DO MUSLIM HAVE
WORSHIP SONGS?

Note: this thread is just to ask,if Muslim have
worship songs, this is not meant to cause any
religious argument..
and if there are blunders,please kindly correct it
within your heart...thanks
Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by atikubaba(m): 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nope,we don't even sing in the mosque.
Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
If the main goal of Islam is to secure total SUBMISSION to Allah globally then the following must be crimes:

Smile
Laugh
Music
Singing
Worship songs
Sports
To Love everyone
Much of what is required to be in a state of hate, battle ready at all times, always wanna be left alone in their idealogy while trying to wipe out others, treating women as slaves etc
Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by Keenysbojan(m): 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
atikubaba:
Nope,we don't even sing in the mosque.

you dey go mosque soooo...
Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by Keenysbojan(m): 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
If the main goal of Islam is to secure total SUBMISSION to Allah globally then the following must be crimes:

Smile
Laugh
Music
Singing
Worship songs
Sports
To Love everyone
Much of what is required to be in a state of hate, battle ready at all times, always wanna be left alone in their idealogy while trying to wipe out others, treating women as slaves etc
hehehe me no dey here ooo
Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by hakanai(m): 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
Well i know the act of singing praises in churches is meant to glory the maker as understood by the xtians.But for Muslims is prostrations and recitations of glorifying words to the maker. Well in every act of call to prayer and salat is praises to the maker and glorifying the maker.When we carry rosary around we often recite one thing or the other to glorify Allah. Example "praise belongs to Allah","Allah is the greatest","I seek refuge from satan", "glory be to Allah" etc.
Looking closely at gospel songs or church chorus its full of words that repeat gratitutde to to God, greatness and love of the Maker and many more.Am simplying implying the content to every faith is the same praises and gratitude to the maker. Via singing,fasting,reciting,charity or prayers.
Back to the singing, i doubt we have similar worship singing as observed by xtians during worship.Its is like asking the Xtian to call adhan before church service!!! The xtians may use the church bells,while muslims would call the adhan (call to prayer)

1 Like

Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by aAK1(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
you guys are siting on a long thin.you need to come and see muslims in ilorin.men! the praise and worship hot pass our own seff.they have converted all our song,they call them selfs brother/sister eg. brother muhamed, sister zainab.they even hold all night programes

1 Like

Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by atikubaba(m): 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
Keenysbojan:
you dey go mosque soooo...
Tell me how u do it in ur own mosque
Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by Haywhymido(m): 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
aAK1:
you guys are siting on a long thin.you need to come and see muslims in ilorin.men! the praise and worship hot pass our own seff.they have converted all our song,they call them selfs brother/sister eg. brother muhamed, sister zainab.they even hold all night programes
i don't really knw d kind of night programmes u r talking abt, but if u talk abt seeking God's help during d night,dis is a muslim thing, Prophet muhammed (saw) did it.As 4 d brother n sister stuff, i don't do dat.however doing it doesn't mean muslims r copying u bro. D young ones in my family call dia senior, brother or sister so n so.brother n sister are english words n doesnt av xtian origin. Music is no no. Wallahu alam
Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by Keenysbojan(m): 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
atikubaba:
Tell me how u do it in ur own mosque
am not a Muslim anyway..one mosque near my church so I dey hear dem wen we finish Sunday service..dem dey sing
Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by onetrack(m): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
Virtually all the major schools of thought in Islam say that music is forbidden. There are a few scholars who have said that singing without musical instruments is okay if you are bored and you are not in mixed-sex groups. Some also say that women can get together with a drum and sing at a celebration like a wedding (again, no men). But in general all music is haram.
Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by itstpia1: 1:38am On Oct 13, 2014
yes, some of them do.
Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by aAK1(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2014
that's my problem wit muslims. music is haram but I hear fine songs they play on fridays on tv.you won't belive this songs are islamic.fine instrumentation,solid production.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? by Youngsage: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
e.g "allah is the key
allah is the master key,
mohammad started with prayer"... This is quite popular grin

(1) (Reply)

Simple Ritual Practices To Win Cases, Favour, Have Self Denfence, Etc. / Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Is A Book Sufficient Enough To Guide Millions In Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.