Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,806 members, 7,862,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:28 PM

Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) (32652 Views)

Total Sharia Implementation : APC And Buhari Using Kaduna As a "Test Ground" / Buhari Called For Total Sharia In Nigeria In 2001 / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Omimah: 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
Buhari was addressing moslems when he made that statement. The moslems there saw no problem with it just as christians don't see any problem whenever one of them says there should be a revival through which people will be converted. Concerned people should call Jonathan and his supporters to order, they are dividing this country along religious line.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Toktee(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
lilprinze:
Look at the demon who is contesting to be the president of this country so that he can islamize this country. Is it not crystal clear that this demon in is one of the main sponsors of BH.
so by saying that,he has become a demon,what about the demon in you?
What about those that lost their lives during biafran war?
What about those that lost their lives during immigration recriutement?
What about those that were killed by the niger delta millitant led by asari dokubo?
What about the soka forest?
What about the baby factories all over the east?
What about the kidnapping in the south south and the south east?
What about the dead bodies on the orji river?
Do you mean to said all this happened cos of sharia implementation or the statement made by buhari?
Note that,it is nt on muslims killings that is bad!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by sarutobie(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
is this something new? why all the brouhaha? buhari was/is only stating what every true muslim from kano to syria wants..a true sharia state(s)..no alcohol, no gambling etc..the problem with this is, as long as Nigeria remains one, none muslims/sharia adherents will go against it wittingly or unwittingly....that is where the riots and massacres begin..the obasanjos of this country that deviously signed sharia into some states in a "secular country" will never go unscathed in this life and the next...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by isuomo: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
All you paid hacks, Buhari is far better than the bumbling dumbo we have at the moment and with the help of God we will have a new President come May 2015 and not necessarily Buhari but a far more competent soul than GEJ who will not be so clannish, myopic and divisive a soul who will see corruption as corruption and not condone brigandage and extreme lawlessness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Bizibi(m): 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
when we read it on papers that week it was published we were shocked.....he shouldn't have made such comment,that is one of the reasons most nigerians are scared....
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Toktee(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
Omimah:
Buhari was addressing moslems when he made that statement. The moslems there saw no problem with it just as christians don't see any problem whenever one of them says there should be a revival through which people will be converted. Concerned people should call Jonathan and his supporters to order, they are dividing this country along religious line.
they are brainwash already by pdp.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by chinchong: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
gangar:
It's a shame this old and fabricated news is mmade front page. Nairaland is loosing credibility
let me tell u dis,bein online does not mean that u cant be purnished.......get that into that head of urs.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by pheesayor(m): 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
Pushing this kind of thread the frontage is the highest mischief I've seen on Nairaland this year, how could you do such knowing there are Jonathanians waiting to feast on this and spread lies further to the gullible?

Buhari knows Nigeria is a secular state and could never have said that...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Acidosis(m): 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
Who can erase history?

Thank God for INTERNET. I wish Nigerians in the '80s had access to GOOGLE. I wish people documented the EVILS on the internet.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by dammytosh: 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nice move from Atiku.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Toktee(m): 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
Bizibi:
when we read it on papers that week it was published we were shocked.....he shouldn't have made such comment,that is one of the reasons most nigerians are scared....
but h hope it is right when we pray and fast for a revival all over the world and nt just nigeria,right?
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by nigerianvenom(m): 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Please what do you mean by the bolded? I can't remember any religious crisis that kicked off when he made that statement in 2001 so how did those people you're talking about lose their loved ones?? Or you no get wetin to type? undecided

didnt that venom from buhari spake off riots across kaduna and kano in 2001 with scores of christians losing their life?

was it not statement like this that lead to many northern states bin granted total sharia states that have resulted in several killings across nigeria?
what dont u understand in my statement?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
berem:
blame it on the number one Buhari hater who brought the topic to FP. He has been hating on Buhari since 2005 and he's still hating on him.

Shame to Nairaland and its owner for discrediting the General.
my friend shutup jare,neva do go marry. mumu
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by 5thNOTE: 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
idumuose:
When people brand Buhari a religious bigot,they aren't far from the truth.
My own take is that Buhari should never benefit from a democracy he truncated
31years ago.
We cant vote for this person o. He will send us backward and cause problem for further generation. Sharia law is in a person's religion and it there4 shouldnt be used to disturb another person. The other time on niaraland, we heard a case where an american airforce recriut was denied acceptance due to a phrase which was not his faith, this case was later retified immediately by the U.S. And the information even has it that he has now be taken. We cant allow ppl who thinking one-side to truncate this nation. As it sooths u to introduce Islamic laws and Sharia, so it sooths me as a traditionalist to enforce the spraying of white chalk at homes to appease D gods. Its so correct in my eyes as your in ur eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Ahmeduana(m): 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
idumuose:

http://allafrica.com/stories/200108270355.html

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827
ATIKU @ WORK nobody fight dirty like him indirectly reminding apc why BUHARI is not electable material but an EXCESS BAGGAGE!
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by watered(m): 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sir, I'm not a double edged sword. I can bet you that that wasn't the general's direct statement. It was the media who interpreted it so cos d general spoke to his people in hausa.

Nobody can Islamise or Christianise Nigeria though we know who leads.
mrborntodoit:

Islamizing Nigeria goes against your belief, so why have you made Buhari your choice? Or are you a double edged sword?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by seunmsg(m): 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
This post is a clear violation of nairaland rule 14 (Please search the forum before creating a new thread on Nairaland). This same article was posted here by beaf before the 2011 presidential election and it made front page. What is it doing again on front page in 2014? Another attempt to smear Buhari's name as usual using the instrumentality of religion? I hope discerning minds can't read in between the lines.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by nerodenero: 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
The old man talks too much.
JuanDeDios:
If you want Buhari to campaign against himself just put a microphone in front of him.
GMB should just retire and go back to Kaduna or Katsina because this unfriendly statement will keep hunting him.Such shouldnt have come from a leader.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by vivalavida(m): 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
GentleMimi:

Nne, hapu okwu . Leave Sheun to drink water and drop cup. The question is did Buhari , ógó gi nwoke, make such statement or not? Ya bu isi okwu

@viva,true talk. APC shld get rid of Atiku and Buhari, project the likes of Fashola and see if PDP will not get a run for the money.

Where have u been @gentlemimi? Havent seen u here lately
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Truckpusher(m): 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Buhari said that God will send another Usman Dan Fodio to clean up Nigeria and before you could say Jack Robbinson Shekau and die hard islamic fundamentalists were already bombing everywhere.

The problem is that dumb Nigerians from the south will never understand the implications of such statement coming from a man with deep rooted islamic ideologies with lots of fanatics that are more than willing to carry-out his message of a total Jihad on Nigerians.

GEJ has no balls.If I were GEJ today , Buhari and co would be rotting in jail and the heavens will not fall after all 8 yrs is more than enough to deal with anyone squarely and set Nigeria on the path of progress.

Buhari has consistently spoken himself into jail but how Jonathan sleeps with his eyes closed with such utterances coming from this people beats my imagination..................Ordinarily I'll personally put a hit on them or make sure they rot in jail for life..............Ordinary Government policy will take care of any citizen causing problem by making statements that are treasonable in nature.

My one cent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Adegbulugbe(m): 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
God will never give him chance to be a god
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by malele(m): 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Front page gradually becoming front toilet.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by 5thNOTE: 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
idumuose:
When people brand Buhari a religious bigot,they aren't far from the truth.
My own take is that Buhari should never benefit from a democracy he truncated
31years ago.
Idumu-JESU, are u Esan.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by nigerianvenom(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ramanto:
sharia is not all about cutting of hands and stonning to dead as majority thinks.it's not such a bad system of government;it's a curruption-free and fair system of government.God prescribed this system of government in the scriptures unlike the baseless,flawed human made democracy and its likes
which God?
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by vivalavida(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
watered:
I'm not Mr Fashola neither am I an APC chieftain. If the APC fells Fashola will deliver they should field him and the electorates will decide.
Thank You.

Ok. Buhari it is then. And he must lose again.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by kakiya: 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
WHO IS AFRAID OF BUHARI? 
I write this because of millions of
Nigerians who are below 30 and who
constitute a significant chunk of our
voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely
ignorant about the events of the
Buhari era (1983-85) and so can be
misinformed and misled by needless
propaganda. I have sat with many in
the
under-30 bracket and those slightly
above who only have faint recollections
of the Buhari era and the level of
ignorance about that era is amazing.
Before being MILITARY Head of State,
Buhari had been Governor of one of
the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s
Military government) as well as
Minister for Petroleum. He later
served
as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.
Please consider the following
unassailable facts:
·He birthed and supervised the
establishment of our existing
refineries.
·There was no religious crisis while he
was Head of State. It started under his
successor IBB!
·In his time as Head of State he
reduced
inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal
discipline and a homegrown economic
team (not achieved under any other
era, even military).
·JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs
before him, and killed all the corrupt
leaders, while Buhari only sentenced
the corrupt leaders here to prison.
·Under his watch as PTF Chairman,
what he did in road construction in that
short period hasn't been matched by
12yrs of the PDP.
·Hospitals and universities around the
country never witnessed as much
benefits as they got from the PTF from
any government after or before his
time.
·Despite serving in senior capacity in
the oil sector, first as Minister for
Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust
Fund, Buhari has no petrol station,
much less a rig, refinery or an oil block
like so many of our leaders.
·He could have retired into nauseating
opulence like an IBB or Danjuma or
even OBJ but didn't.
·Instead of hobnobbing with the high
and mighty, he has cast his lot with the
ordinary man most of who follow him
out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said
of him... "All I need from Buhari is his
word, I can take it to the bank".
·He is the only politician in the North
today who fills rallies without renting a
crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March
is eloquent proof!
·He refused to collect an allowance
while serving as Chairman of the PTF
because he said since he was already
drawing a pension from government,
his conscience would not allow him
to draw another salary from the purse
of the same government.
·He is the only former head of state
that does not own property or land in
Abuja .
·Every attempt to rubbish him through
probes in time past eneded up
vindicating him! The man who was
asked by OBJ to take over the running
of PTF before it was scrapped with the
aim
of probing and indicting Buhari, was the
one who ended up being prosecuted
for misappropriating $100m of PTF
funds!
Buhari again, was vindicated
·He has OPENLY challenged those who
accuse him of religious fundamentalism
to come out and show proof. No one
has till today, taken up the challenge.
His
personal driver of many years is a
Christian from Plateau State !
·His government initiated the War
Against Indiscipline that has made
environmental cleanliness, queuing up,
not urinating by the roadside etc
features of our national life even till
today Does it then surprise you why
corrupt people would be spreading
such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He
is a threat to them and they know
what he is capable of doing to
corruption and
corrupt people when he comes into
office! So shine your eyes and make
the right decision. If honesty and
probity are the things you want for
Nigeria ,now is the time to choose
right. When you cast your vote for the
BUHARI, you would have cast one vote
for a honest men.
Now that you know better, will you
please educate another person BY
FORWARDING THIS TO AS
MANY AS YOU CAN??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by watered(m): 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
It therefore means you believe everything the media says "hook line and sinker" and you know what that qualifies you.
Bizibi:
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by drestoneokuta(m): 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
amAZEing:
Buhari took Nigeria to Organization of Islamic Cpuntries. He registered Nigeria there. History cannot lie.
It was babangida not buhari, be corrected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Ahmeduana(m): 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
masterpower:
ISLAMISSING NIGERIA IS THE ONLY AGENDA THAT APC HAS.
GOD WILL EXPOSE THEM THE MORE.
This is ATIKUs work, bet it!
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Larow(m): 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ramanto:
sharia is not all about cutting of hands and stonning to dead as majority thinks.it's not such a bad system of government;it's a curruption-free and fair system of government.God prescribed this system of government in the scriptures unlike the baseless,flawed human made democracy and its likes
not all about but included! Rubbish!!!
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by 5thNOTE: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
ratiken:
Many Buhari's unguarded statements will haunt him to the grave. Anyday APC names him as the presidential flagbearer..... same day the media will be awash with his statements.

How can a sane man call Boko haram terrorists his freedom fighters?
How can a presidential material use words like dogs and baboons soaking in blood?

Buhari single handedly armed PDP for the campaign of calumny against him.
the problem is that he is not even pertubed by them. He is still of the same believe and views, which is even brainwashing ppl already.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by vivalavida(m): 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
pheesayor:
Pushing this kind of thread the frontage is the highest mischief I've seen on Nairaland this year, how could you do such knowing there are Jonathanians waiting to feast on this and spread lies further to the gullible?

Buhari knows Nigeria is a secular state and could never have said that...

Let him open that his putrid buccal cavity and deny it himself.
You are neither his lawyer no spokesman. So mechie onu gi dia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Valentine: 'Atiku My Val' Trends On Twitter (Photos) / Peter Obi Visits Abia Governor, Ikpeazu In Umuobiakwa (PHOTOS) / Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Drops Governorship Ambition After Son’s Murder In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.