Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Where Do Deleted Files Go? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Where Do Deleted Files Go? (5546 Views)

How To Recover Deleted Files On Your Android / How To Recover Deleted Photos On Iphone And Android Phones / Need To Get Back An Important Deleted Text Message On My Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by nwaobitex: 11:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
We're talking about phone here not computer
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by experimentist: 11:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
Recycle bin idiotts! They can still be restored thou!
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Geofavor(m): 11:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
Can a file which was deleted from a MOBILE PHONE be recovered?
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by telim: 11:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
When a file is deleted the computer will remove the reference to the file by deleting the file header making it look as if the file does not exist any longer. Files are permanently deleted from computer if the memory reserved for the deleted header file is replaced with a new file. Deleted files can be recovered using easeus data recovery software provided that the location of the deleted file have not being replaced with a new file. These is also applicable to mobile phones, memory cards and fish drives. To recover deleted from mobile phone using easeus, connect your phone to a computer run easeus as admi. Locate your phone drive within easeus interface and click complete recovery or quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Geofavor(m): 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
telim:
When a file is deleted the computer will remove the reference to the file by deleting file header making it look as if the file does not exist any longer. Files are permanently deleted from computer if the memory reserved for the deleted header file is replaced with a new file. Deleted files can be recovered using easeus data recovery software provided that the location of the deleted file have not being replaced with a new file.
what about mobile phones?
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 13, 2014
heaven I think
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Lexusgs430: 12:18am On Oct 13, 2014
Even when a deleted file is replaced, forensic softwares will still recover them.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by dondiggy: 7:11am On Oct 13, 2014
can a file from a formatted hard disk be recover?
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by SlyIg(f): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2014
Slowpois0n:

I have done this before. recovered about %65 of files from a formatted hard drive.
my hard disk was faulty, i had to replace it and by that, i loss ALL my files.

Is it ever possible to recover my loss files from the spoilt hard disk again?
I haven't been myself after that loss, i feel so empty without all the things i've had in that system for years now.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Flye: 7:32am On Oct 13, 2014
Code213:
Una never answer the OP o! Where do files deleted from a phone go? You guys are explaining files 4rm PC.
it is samething, any digital format follow same principle.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Flye: 7:33am On Oct 13, 2014
Code213:
Una never answer the OP o! Where do files deleted from a phone go? You guys are explaining files 4rm PC.
it is the samething, any digital format follow same principle.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by deanoffaculty: 8:18am On Oct 13, 2014
Ocean.....
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by ElNur1: 8:23am On Oct 13, 2014
mspee:
To the 'battery'. undecided

#forgiveme embarassed

hahahaha

Girl, U are good
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by dorange(m): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2014
make use of one-click tune up utilities to bring back all the deleted files from ur system. Dnt knw abt phones though.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by sharawwy(m): 9:03am On Oct 13, 2014
I wonder ooh!!!
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by mspee(f): 9:24am On Oct 13, 2014
ElNur1:

hahahaha

Girl, U are good

Amen! cheesy
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Isryl02(m): 9:54am On Oct 13, 2014
Raiders:
If you delete a file from your computer. The file will still be saved in your hard drive. until it is replaced But will not show in your computer. The computer only mark or select the deleted file to be replaced. For example, If you delete 2MB of Tuface song in your computer. The 2MB song will still be saved in your hard disk but will not be available for you to play in your computer and You can still recover that song but if you download or transfer another 2 MB song. The new 2MB song will replaced the old 2MB song in your hard drive then you cant recover the old 2mb song anymore. I hope you understand now.
Nice one
Now, where does the replaced '2 MB Tuface song' go?
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Oltabaks(m): 11:00am On Oct 13, 2014
experimentist:
Recycle bin idiotts! They can still be restored thou!
Pls no insults.We only want to know where they go on mobile phones.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by HYARNUOLUWA(f): 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2014
Obinnio:
name the software
I recently deleted my videos mistakenly...i used pandora recovery and everything was recovered.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by cirmuell(m): 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
For peepz on Android you can recover "lost"(not sure of deleted ones) files from the folder labelled LOST in SD card, the files are always renamed in figures and without any file extension. Open the folder with a file manager that can show the individual file size. Select the big sized one and start renaming with the either .mp3, .3gp/mp4, .apk, .epub, .jpg etc depending on the type of file that's lost.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by brennyB: 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2014
Where then does deleted files on phones go

1 Like

Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by experimentist: 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
Oltabaks:

Pls no insults.We only want to know where they go on mobile phones.
you shlda ignore my post.. I was maad high when wrote it..
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
They go to e-sockerway
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by nani667: 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
dondiggy:
can a file from a formatted hard disk be recover?

Depends on the format method.... If you use the "quick format" method then Yes, deleted files can be recovered via software....
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by nani667: 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
Geofavor:
Can a file which was deleted from a MOBILE PHONE be recovered?

Yes sir.... Files deleted from a Mobile phone van be recovered.... There are apps that can do that.... Sometime ago I used an app on the Playstore to recover files after I mistakenly formatted my Micro SD card
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Crispels(m): 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
feldido:

EaseUS data Recovery wizard... But I think registered version works d magic.

How do I make a comment on nairaland Am new

angry
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Crispels(m): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by bongolistik(m): 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
question 4 d gods!oya Wr do deleted txt messages on nokia torchlight go?
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Isryl02(m): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2014
bongolistik:
question 4 d gods!oya Wr do deleted txt messages on nokia torchlight go?
ah dy wonder o, dem just dy use style twist d question
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Dbestmax(m): 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
Oltabaks:
Even though i've heard this question before,i haven't thought about this until recently.Where do deleted files go?
Get a dictionary and check d meaning of d word delete
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Lilimax(f): 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
They go to LIMBO embarassed
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by daryoor(m): 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
if those files dont disappear when deleted, how come my phone becomes faster whenever i clear my files?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat / Bypass Waiting List For BBM Android And Ios Using These Tricks / Get 2gb Worth Of Data For Free On Mtn With These Latest Cheat( Tested & Confirm)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.