Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Law School Problem, Help Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Law School Problem, Help Needed (2426 Views)

Nigerian Law School Applicants Chat Room / Jobs Vacancies At Nigerian Law School / Nigerian Law School Latest Job Recruitment (15 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law School Problem, Help Needed by venorite(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
I know this is probably a wrong section to post this, but I will anyway. So, am a law graduate but due to thee problem Madonna had with law school, I couldn't go to law school. Late last year, I got admitted Into Nigeria law school and at the same time I got a job in one the top banks in Nigeria. After much thinking and asking questions, I finally went with the job and postponed the law school till further date. This is where my problem comes in, I won't be eligible for study leave till after 5 years with the bank, which am just 6 months old. Pls I need help with information from people that know how law school works, can I still go for my law school after about 7years of graduating from the University? Is there a time limit as to when one can attend law school? Can I apply to law school in the future without going through my school?

Pls I need urgent help to these questions cos am kind of in a dilemma between work and law school cos I would love to get my B. L DEGREE in future.

Mods Pls help me move to the front page so I can get more response. Thanks
Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by Provie(m): 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
If your only problem is the seven-year time lag simpliciter, then you have no need to worry. You will still be eligible.

However, the issue is how easy it will be for you to get the forms from your university after such a long time, because by then you will be more or less a stranger to them; in other words, the longer you delay, the more you lose priority with Madonna, and the tighter the strings will be for you to pull.

Secondly of course is whether you can cope with the "crash" programme at NLS after a whopping seven years in the banking hall and away from your law books. I only hope u won't go to the law school and start balancing accounts. lol!

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by venorite(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lol, thanks for your input, really appreciate. As to whether I will be able to get the form, a friend told me to try and apply then defer my admission till whenever am ready, don't know how feasible that is
Provie:
If your only problem is the seven-year time lag simpliciter, then you have no need to worry. You will still be eligible.

However, the issue is how easy it will be for you to get the forms from your university after such a long time, because by then you will be more or less a stranger to them; in other words, the longer you delay, the more you lose priority with Madonna, and the tighter the strings will be for you to pull.

Secondly of course is whether you can cope with the "crash" programme at NLS after a whopping seven years in the banking hall and away from your law books. I only hope u won't go to the law school and start balancing accounts. lol!

Good luck.
Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by Provie(m): 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
venorite:
Lol, thanks for your input, really appreciate. As to whether I will be able to get the form, a friend told me to try and apply then defer my admission till whenever am ready, don't know how feasible that is

U cannot defer "till whenever you are ready" @ NLS. I tink deference is not for more than two years. I'm not so sure anyway. Welcome bro.
Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by venorite(m): 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
Thanks for your response
Provie:

U cannot defer "till whenever you are ready" @ NLS. I tink deference is not for more than two years. I'm not so sure anyway. Welcome bro.
Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by muhibro: 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
I would advice you to go to lawschool asap!
Am not a lawyer but I've loads of lawyers around me! Firstly cause you know it has to do with seniority. That is to say your mates will automatically become your bosses and seniors in profession
Also it means u r not a lawyer u just have a law degree.. The same way you got the bank job u'll also get another one if not a better one but law school is really important so pleas go there who knows you might be the chief judge/ chief justice one day!

Good luck tho!
Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by venorite(m): 12:56am On Oct 13, 2014
Thanks a lot for your advise, am already with the bank and leaving now won't really make much sense. Am not bothered about seniority, just want to add the b. L to the degree I have already
muhibro:
I would advice you to go to lawschool asap!
Am not a lawyer but I've loads of lawyers around me! Firstly cause you know it has to do with seniority. That is to say your mates will automatically become your bosses and seniors in profession
Also it means u r not a lawyer u just have a law degree.. The same way you got the bank job u'll also get another one if not a better one but law school is really important so pleas go there who knows you might be the chief judge/ chief justice one day!

Good luck tho!
Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by muhibro: 10:42am On Oct 13, 2014
I hope you know banks are not permenant! They can decide to lay u off whenever they wish to but as a lawyer trust me on this oppurtunities are endless for you! Anyways the decision is yours good luck in whtever u decide to do!!
Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by Milliprime: 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hello, from all your quick response you have made up your mind so any contribution will not be considered by you. Your school shortlist you for law school so you have to keep the relationship on. Is always good to go for law school fresh so as to flow with your acquired knowledge.
Considering the economy situation of Nigeria you do not want to quit your job, the decision is rather hard to make for you. One is long time gain and another is short time. It is well. May your present environment influence your decision..... Goodluck.
Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
count yourself lucky to have gotten a job with your law degree, av been carrying mine around since
Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by venorite(m): 9:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
Thanks for the response, really appreciate
Re: Law School Problem, Help Needed by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2021
venorite:
Thanks for the response, really appreciate
how far, did you later go to law school?

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me,i Need To Pay My School Fee / Graduate Recruitment: Apply For Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment 2017 / Guinness Nigeria Graduate Skills Development Scholarship Programme 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.