Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:16 AM

Why Tail Docking? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why Tail Docking? (7025 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tail Docking? by kennynoah1987(m): 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
arcbay:

You haven't answered my question. Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP), Canadian Pediatric Society, International Coalition for Genital Integrity (ICGI) amongst other organizations made a degree several decades ago abolishing circumcision amongst humans, threatening to bring to book anyone caught in the act. Yet that didn't stop our mothers from getting us circumcised and that won't deter us from circumcising our kids and grandkids. This is a trend that goes on and on...
Plz the circumcision u talked abt should be clarified,nobody is against male circumcision i think u must be talking abt Female Genita Mutilation.
Re: Why Tail Docking? by ArSoN(m): 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2018
My female Boerboel dog gave birth to 9 puppies and now we want to cut their tails. The vet said its 2000 naira for each dog. After much bargaining, we settled at 10,000 for all of them. I'm I been cheated by the vet?
Re: Why Tail Docking? by Lagosrabbit: 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
ArSoN:
My female Boerboel dog gave birth to 9 puppies and now we want to cut their tails. The vet said its 2000 naira for each dog. After much bargaining, we settled at 10,000 for all of them. I'm I been cheated by the vet?

You can do it yourself with a rubberband or papertape.. Thousands of videos are on youtube on this... Check for reference
Re: Why Tail Docking? by ArSoN(m): 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
Lagosrabbit:

You can do it yourself with a rubberband or papertape.. Thousands of videos are on youtube on this... Check for reference

Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate.
First time having a pure boerboel litter though, don't know if trying that out is safe
Re: Why Tail Docking? by rumenase(m): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2018
ArSoN:

First time having a pure boerboel litter though, don't know if trying that out is safe

it is quite easy but since you are having doubts you can ask someone around you that has done it before.
Re: Why Tail Docking? by Lagosrabbit: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2018
ArSoN:

Lol it's nt hard.. You'll juat hold d base of the tail tightly with rubberband fpr a qhilt.. D tail will off it's self
Re: Why Tail Docking? by okikiosibodu(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2018
Lagosrabbit:

I was just about to respond with your lines. The tail will come off after a few days. The puppies might be discomforted at night during this period . It is for a while. Howdy bro
@Arson.... Please don't cut off all the tail. Leave a reasonable sterm, for canine communication. It is also believed that dogs docked to that anal level are usually timid. Please don't cut it all
Re: Why Tail Docking? by ArSoN(m): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2018
Sorry for the late reply. The doctor said they were too old for that method so we had to still cut the tails. They are a month old now. Will start a thread just for them.
Lagosrabbit:

Lol it's nt hard.. You'll juat hold d base of the tail tightly with rubberband fpr a qhilt.. D tail will off it's self
Re: Why Tail Docking? by Seun(m): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2018
Don’t cut the tails. It is illegal in most civilized countries except the USA. It’s unecessary and cruel.
Re: Why Tail Docking? by MajorLanister: 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2018
Yh

(1) (2) (Reply)

23 Cute Puppies Mistaken For Teddy Bears / German Shepherd Dogs Available For For Sale / Metal Dog Cage For Sale ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.