Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana (5667 Views)

Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” / Fayose Wears Short Knickers To Sign The Budget (Photos) / MEND Leader, Henry Okah Was Paid To Assassinate Me - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
Oxgen01,jiggamanGH,crudeGH you guys can have the thread! I'm going to work tomorrow morning,even your brother who works as a gateman for me is already asleep......
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by CrudeGH: 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
hahahahahaha the sihitnigerian paradiseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by CrudeGH: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997:
Oxgen01,jiggamanGH,crudeGH you guys can have the thread! I'm going to work tomorrow morning,even your brother who works as a gateman for me is already asleep......
grin grin grin don't go now. I have lot more photos of your paradise grin damburuba shege grin

grin
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by CrudeGH: 9:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
rubbish upon rubbish grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by OXYGENO1: 9:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
Des0la:
I have always known ghana to be a poor country.
Just as your mother is a prostitute abi?

1 Like

Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by mrham03(m): 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
Des0la:
nigeria has the biggest slum in the world. Its makoko, u poor fo ol

1 Like

Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by OXYGENO1: 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
Des0la:
I don tell you finish, its the truth, don't let it hurt you.
Hurt who? Besides do we even have any poor country apart from nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by CrudeGH: 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
Des0la:
what exactly defines a country as being poor? how do you define poverty. magg0t? I will prove to you that indeed Ghana is far richer than your sh1thole. but first of all I want to hear your definition of poverty
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by musiwa95: 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
you want to find out what I think of Ghana.
why do you want to find out my opinion?

What I believe Ghana should do is increase the number of region to 20. It as had the same number of region for many years.. This will speed up develop. it will force many people to live in 20 cities reducing government administrative cost. because when you look at the satellite picture of Ghana, Ghana people are spreed into many settlement.. This will force the people to live in this 20 cities. This is what Nigeria did.
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by mrham03(m): 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
baby factories everywhere in bokogeria. What a country.

1 Like

Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by OreMI22: 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
CrudeGH:
what exactly do you hope to acheieve by posting this report? first, this particular report was published many many months ago. secondly, Ghana's annual budget is $16 billion, not $6 billion. thirdly, you should be ashemed to even post this kind of report. it means Ghana is achieving far greater results with the limited funds while your states may be receiving billions but have little to show for it. such level of stvpidity

Ghana's budget has never reached $16 billion. This year is the highest Ghana's budget in its history and it is worth only $10 billion dollars.
In the previous years before oil production really started,Ghana's budget was between $5-$6 billion dollars.

SOURCE: CIA world factbook.: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gh.html
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by samik900(m): 10:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
musiwa95:

What I believe Ghana should do is increase the number of region to 20. It as had the same number of region for many years.. This will speed up develop. it will force many people to live in 20 cities reducing government administrative cost. because when you look at the satellite picture of Ghana, Ghana people are spreed into many settlement.. This will force the people to live in this 20 cities. This is what Nigeria did.
gr8!tell dem,I wud v recomended dem t hire u bt I knw for sure dt dey won't be able t pay ur salary!for dem t hire a satelite eng.like u,an international law expert will b like starvin of d whole state of dea whole revnue!dea poverty nd laziness is well acknowledged
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by mrham03(m): 10:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
nigerians be like: we are going to ghana to enjoy the gud life.

Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by CrudeGH: 11:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
OreMI22:

Ghana's budget has never reached $16 billion. This year is the highest Ghana's budget in its history and it is worth only $10 billion dollars.
In the previous years before oil production really started,Ghana's budget was between $5-$6 billion dollars.

SOURCE: CIA world factbook.: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gh.html
I am tellig you reality you are quoting CIA. SMH

RPT-UPDATE 3-Ghana disappoints investors with plan to trim 2013 deficit to 9 pct

Tue Mar 5, 2013 12:59pm EST
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/05/ghana-budget-idUSL6N0BX81A20130305

* Analysts say 9 percent deficit target disappointing

* Ghana keeps 9 percent inflation target, sees 8.5 pct GDP growth

* Government says medium-term plan to cut deficit to 6 pct of GDP

* Sees $582 mln in oil revenues in 2013 as production rises

By Kwasi Kpodo

ACCRA, March 5 (Reuters) - Ghana unveiled plans to modestly trim its fiscal deficit this year by raising tax revenues from key industries such as oil while avoiding tough spending cuts, despite investor concern over high expenditure and rising debts.

The West African state's 2013 budget presented to parliament on Tuesday laid out plans to pare the deficit to 9 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) from 12.1 percent in 2012, when spending overran during an election year and revenues were hit by lower-than-expected oil production.

That deficit target disappointed many economists, who were expecting Ghana to reaffirm its commitment to reach a level around 6 to 7 percent of GDP - in line with its target for 2012.

"We are resolved to solve the high budget deficit, the sources of which are known," Finance Minister Seth Terkper told parliament. "We will pursue reforms to make the tax system more efficient."

Analysts said the three percentage point deficit cut was a step in the right direction but was likely not robust enough to bolster offshore investor confidence in West Africa's second largest economy.

"It's a huge deficit for any country to be running," Razia Khan, Africa researcher for Standard Chartered Bank said. "The pressure will be on Ghana to change course, and introduce greater spending restraint, or risk a deterioration in perceptions of creditworthiness."

Newly-elected President John Mahama is keen to raise social and infrastructure spending to shore 's middle income nation status and fulfill campaign promises of translating oil and gold output into benefits for ordinary citizens.

But he is facing pressure from international investors to prove he can keep the debt in check.

Among his first big moves to trim spending, Ghana cut fuel subsidies in February, resulting in a 20 percent jump in petrol prices at the pumps. But Fitch Ratings, a day later, revised its outlook on Ghana's credit rating to negative from stable, citing continued worries over accumulating debt.

Ghana's 2013 budget puts total expenditures for the year at about 30.5 billion cedis ($16 billion), up some 20 percent from last year, according to Terkper, propelled by economic growth of 8 percent as oil output rises.

He said Ghana is targeting a year-end inflation rate of 9 percent.

GRADUAL APPROACH

The government's aim is to halve the 2012 deficit to 6 percent of GDP over the medium-term of three years, the budget said.

"The aim is to adopt a gradual approach to the deficit cut in order to avoid austerity and also generate growth as we go along," said one senior official involved in drafting the budget, who asked not to be identified.

He said the government, mindful of the effects of austerity seen in some European nations, would fast-track the completion of major infrastructure projects such as roads so these could begin to yield economic dividends before deeper austerity measures are imposed.

1 Like

Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by yetunsbay(m): 11:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
OXYGENO1:
My dog will even reject a free flight to that useless smelly zoo u call nigeria.
and u dey take smelly zoo GAS...commenting on Online Forum meant for ur so called smelly zoo... U no get shame atall
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by CrudeGH: 12:08am On Oct 13, 2014
yetunsbay:
and u dey take smelly zoo GAS...commenting on Online Forum meant for ur so called smelly zoo... U no get shame atall
Ghana is helping to say you MUMus from inhaling too much flared gas in your zoo. gas flaring is terrible for the health of folks in that zoo so be happy Ghana is buying it so you don't need to flare it and murder your own people,huh? yiu guys don't have electricity yet you continue to flare natural gas? SMH
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by yetunsbay(m): 12:18am On Oct 13, 2014
CrudeGH:
Ghana is helping to say you MUMus from inhaling too much flared gas in your zoo. gas flaring is terrible for the health of folks in that zoo so be happy Ghana is buying it so you don't need to flare it and murder your own people,huh? yiu guys don't have electricity yet you continue to flare natural gas? SMH
am discussing fact u are talking nonsense no wonder.Ordinary primary 6 9ja student can even think and argue more than u do.
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by blackprowler: 6:42am On Oct 13, 2014
nedu2000:
Just curious,but why isn't imo & Abia which are equally oil-producing states along the top allocation receivers....Igbos are marginalised o

Why weren't Edo and Cross-River states who are oil-producing states among the top receiver? Edo and Calabar people are marginalised o. It is ignorance and intellectual laziness but excessive reserve of ability to find fault in others that's our great problem. I refuse to teach you anything. Go and find out for yourself. The problem with our country is us
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by blackprowler: 6:57am On Oct 13, 2014
musiwa95:

So to you Nigeria has developed by creating states? By that logic let's extrapolate further and have 1000 states to quicken development. Ghana is like the United Kingdom. By your logic the UK must be undeveloped abi? Y'know, I always say it is only when we understand how nations develop that we can ever hope to begin the process. At this point, your leaders are still groping in the dark and clearly carrying many along with them
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by nedu2000(m): 7:00am On Oct 13, 2014
blackprowler:

Why weren't Edo and Cross-River states who are oil-producing states among the top receiver? Edo and Calabar people are marginalised o. It is ignorance and intellectual laziness but excessive reserve of ability to find fault in others that's our great problem. I refuse to teach you anything. Go and find out for yourself. The problem with our country is us
b4 u start with ur routine insults mr ITK,u'll notice that other niger-delta states are duly 'represented',if imo/Abia aren't oil producing I would 'ave understood and for your information,being an oil producing state is diff from being a south-south state,cross river isn't for example oil producing,they've lost what they have to akwa ibom
P.S. I wouldn't want to deviate from the Op's original intention of creating this post
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by blackprowler: 7:29am On Oct 13, 2014
That Ghana guy has used so much venom to poison this thread and whatever point he was making that I even agreed with initially.
Now, this very thread is wrong and no one observed. The title suggested that more than one state in Nigeria has a budget bigger than that of Ghana. In his body he only proves that the two biggest-income states COMBINED was half of Ghana's budget and meanwhile someone has even proven that Ghana's budget is even much bigger. Some of those states mind you have incomes that are 3, 4 or more times the incomes of other states in same Nigeria so what are we talking about here?
Now do you guys even think it is budget or GDP that makes for the quality of life of the people? Nigeria has about 170 million people and almost 1 million square kilometres of landmass to spend money on. Ghana has 23 or so million people with I think 1/5 Nigerian landmass to cater for. Do the maths. I've not added the fact that if you give a certain amount to a Ghanaian government and same to a Nigerian government that the Nigerian will steal most and use the rest for white elephant projects while the Ghanaian will use it prudently and his people will feel the impact of those funds better. Nigerians shd put their tail between their legs and be quiet. By our prominence as a black nation, we are a DISGRACE to all black people everywhere in the world. An example that black people can't rule themselves

1 Like

Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by blackprowler: 7:34am On Oct 13, 2014
nedu2000:
b4 u start with ur routine insults mr ITK,u'll notice that other niger-delta states are duly 'represented',if imo/Abia aren't oil producing I would 'ave understood and for your information,being an oil producing state is diff from being a south-south state,cross river isn't for example oil producing,they've lost what they have to akwa ibom
P.S. I wouldn't want to deviate from the Op's original intention of creating this post

Do a check on what states were paid 13% derivation. They are the "oil-producing states." Publish the results here if you dare. No stories; no sophistry. Just do it
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by nedu2000(m): 8:22am On Oct 13, 2014
blackprowler:

Do a check on what states were paid 13% derivation. They are the "oil-producing states." Publish the results here if you dare. No stories; no sophistry. Just do it
Edo receives,cross river was having court issues concerning that status back in 2012,my original comment was in terms of regions(igbos being marginalised) & not individual states.However I do admit that those are secondary reasons for Nigeria's failures,but to say the problem of nigeria is ourselves is very abstract and vague
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by blackprowler: 9:58am On Oct 13, 2014
nedu2000:
Edo receives,cross river was having court issues concerning that status back in 2012,my original comment was in terms of regions(igbos being marginalised) & not individual states.However I do admit that those are secondary reasons for Nigeria's failures,but to say the problem of nigeria is ourselves is very abstract and vague

I rest my case. Any sensible observer pls read the thread and see who's practising sophistry and tribal prejudice disease
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by diablos: 10:31am On Oct 13, 2014
blackprowler:
That Ghana guy has used so much venom to poison this thread and whatever point he was making that I even agreed with initially.
Now, this very thread is wrong and no one observed. The title suggested that more than one state in Nigeria has a budget bigger than that of Ghana. In his body he only proves that the two biggest-income states COMBINED was half of Ghana's budget and meanwhile someone has even proven that Ghana's budget is even much bigger. Some of those states mind you have incomes that are 3, 4 or more times the incomes of other states in same Nigeria so what are we talking about here?
Now do you guys even think it is budget or GDP that makes for the quality of life of the people? Nigeria has about 170 million people and almost 1 million square kilometres of landmass to spend money on. Ghana has 23 or so million people with I think 1/5 Nigerian landmass to cater for. Do the maths. I've not added the fact that if you give a certain amount to a Ghanaian government and same to a Nigerian government that the Nigerian will steal most and use the rest for white elephant projects while the Ghanaian will use it prudently and his people will feel the impact of those funds better. Nigerians shd put their tail between their legs and be quiet. By our prominence as a black nation, we are a DISGRACE to all black people everywhere in the world. An example that black people can't rule themselves

Yes and d disgrace starts from ur shi.t-head father and duckhead mother and ur extended family of thieves and armed robbers u reticulated bas.tard. Spewing trash on d internet wit ur half a dollar worth of education. Ur late parents were notorious lepers n i wonder why u haven't died yet of d disease! Quote me n die u guinea fowl!
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by blackprowler: 11:56am On Oct 13, 2014
No kidding, some people on Nairaland seem to be mentally challenged. It's a serious observation, not joining issues here
Re: What Was Paid To Some States In Nigeria In 2013 Ws More Than The Budget Of Ghana by CrudeGH: 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
yetunsbay:
am discussing fact u are talking nonsense no wonder.Ordinary primary 6 9ja student can even think and argue more than u do.
My dog has more sense that you, magg0t! evil scvmbag! stypid nigayrian! thank God for ediots. we'll keep flushing them down the toilet. fuelish modafaka!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram Sacks Entire Nigerian Army Battalion, Confiscates All Arms / Buhari: 'elections Are Not Always Easy In Africa' / IPOB Members Stage Protest In Front Of UN Headquarters In Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.