Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Travails Of My Workplace - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Travails Of My Workplace (701 Views)

My Experience With A Chinese Man Today In My Workplace / How Do I Gain Respect In My Workplace? / What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travails Of My Workplace by stewie(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2008
Re: Travails Of My Workplace by Akolaa: 10:50am On Nov 12, 2008
hi, there's no need to think of quitting now. Just believe in urself that U CAN BE THE BEST U WANT TO BE. Remember the word of God said, that " whatever u find to do, do with all ur might. Also, the word said, "despite not the days of little begginings.
So my dear, even though ur boss thinks u r dumb or not good enough, continue 2 put in ur best and love ur work with all zeal and passion.
, Remember, u r created in God image therefore u can do all things thru Christ Jesus. Its well. SUCCESS IN YOUR CAREER.
Re: Travails Of My Workplace by Greycells(m): 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2008
Resignation (running away) will not solve your propblem. It is only advisable to leave employment if the issue at stake is your career (personal career development) but never because of the people factor. Cos, peeps are almost the same everywhere.

The options open to you is to move to another department, or try to study your boss; to enable you understand her personality type so that you guys can work together. Better still, if there are other members of your team that get along with her; take a cue from how they do it.

I wish u well!
Re: Travails Of My Workplace by stewie(m): 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2008
God bless you guys. It's not easy hanging on, but I'll do as you've advised, before something better comes my way. Meanwhille, any other suggestions or approach to this problem are welcome.

For those people who're going through such difficulties or have passed through even tougher ones, dont relent to share your experience, please.

God help us all,

Stewie
Re: Travails Of My Workplace by Jarus(m): 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2008
For your boss to have referred to you as a dumb is very serious, but I'll not advise you to quit. Having a tolerant boss is something I've always prayed and hoped for; and my boss here is just that. I'm doing Accounting job here but read Economics. I had problems initially but I'm now getting the job.

Persevere. You will master in the job one day.

(1) (Reply)

Serious Minded Individuals Needed( Lagos & Abuja Residents First) / Make Your Money Now / Career Depends Largely On Creativity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.