Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Am I Proud? Student Turn Staff - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I Proud? Student Turn Staff (708 Views)

PHOTOS: This Pretty Girl Is A Tomato Seller And Very Proud Of It! / Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics) / Caught My Boss In The Act; Am I Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Proud? Student Turn Staff by femikings(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2009
i amm a fresh gradute of oct but,got employed in jan 2009 in the same univ ersity, i have t o work with people i once bowed to because am a students, but level has changed now and some of them still want to treat me as a students.pls how do i handle this? i have been pleced in the same office with a married woman and we are now in the same scale, but she is teating me like a messenger.pls nairalanders what should i di?
Re: Am I Proud? Student Turn Staff by DisGuy: 12:11am On Feb 05, 2009
dont be too proud, they might be giving you the new boy treatment, make one of them your friend or like a guidian to show you the ropes

but if madam bow-leg is treating you like a messenger, show her your job specification wink
Re: Am I Proud? Student Turn Staff by Mustay(m): 10:56am On Feb 06, 2009
femi kings:

i amm a fresh gradute of oct  but,got employed in jan 2009 in the same univ ersity, i have t o work with people i once bowed to because am a students, but level has changed now and some of them still want to treat me as a students.pls how do i handle this? i have been pleced in the same office with a married woman and we are now in the same scale, but she is teating me like a messenger.pls nairalanders what should i di?

Brother I beg of you. Know your levels now!!!

I know people who have been in such situations and the truth is; they just don't get it!

They would still consider you an undergraduate.

You've gotta stand your ground or simply leave to another institution if you're passionate about lecturing.

Seriously, tell them who you are to prevent being on ground level for the rest of your career.

Good luck bro and update us cool

PS: I didn't say you should disrespect them cool grin grin
Re: Am I Proud? Student Turn Staff by kellyhand1: 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2009
I THINK YOU SHOULD SEE IT FROM AGE POINT OF VIEW.

IF YOU OBSERVE CAREFULLY, YOU WOULD DISCOVER THAT THE YOUNGER LECTURERS TEND TO BE MUCH HOSTILE. BUT THE OLDER ONES WOULDN'T POSE MUCH PROBLEM.

WHATEVER THE CASE, JUST REMAIN HUMBLE BUT NOT FOOLISH.ANOTHER WAY TO SAY THIS IS 'BE CONFIDENT BUT NOT PROUD WHEN YOU ARE TALKING WITH THEM'.

IF YOU DO, THEY'LL GET THE MESSAGE.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Which On Should I Go 4 Ict Or It / How Does One Go About Publishing A Book? / Magazine Content Writers & Photo Journalists Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.