Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,814 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi (13015 Views)

‘Face To Face With Lucifer’: TB Joshua's Meeting With Lucifer Goes Viral / Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? / Testimonies: Face To Face Encounter With Jesus Christ And The Revelations Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi by DonXavi(m): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2014

BY GEORGE ONMONYA DANIEL and KAYODE J. ADDEN

*Maitetsine was among Christians sent to Sudan by Christian group in 1954 for purpose of distorting Qur’an
*Nigerian Christians are not the Christians mentioned in the Qur’an
*Muslims should not enter church for Christian wedding or burial
*Nigerian Christians sponsored 5 people to Sudan in 1964 to go and study the Qur’an with the purpose of distorting the Qur’an
*Christians have sex inside church

The name Professor/Shiekh Dauda Ojobi has been the topic on social media, Facebook and Twitter, discussions for over two years now. It is being alleged that this Islamic scholar, a Christian convert to Islam, claimed Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) were behind the conspiracy that created Maitetsine and the Maitetsine mayhem of the early to 80s.

On Friday, 10th October, 2014, I posted an article, “Who is this Professor Dauda Ojobi, the Islamic Scholar they talk about?” Few minutes later I got calls and letters in my inbox that Professor Ojobi would be in Abuja, at the Annur Mosque, Ibrahim Babangida way, Abuja, to give a lecture. A friend on Facebook, Musa Azare, facilitated my brief meeting with Professor Dauda Ojobi.

I met Musa Azare at Annur Mosque, Ibrahim Babangida way, Wuse II, Abuja, around 5:30pm, with me was my colleague Kayode J. Adden (Marx). I ran into four young men I know when growing up in Bama, Borno State at the mosque premises. As we were talking, you know, talking about old times, asking about this or that person, Senator Ali Ndume arrived with his friend. Senator Ndume came to greet us. He was a simple man and if not that he is famous, you wouldn’t have known he is one. We chatted briefly and I handed him a copy of NEWISSUES magazine.

Musa Azare who had gone into the mosque came back with the Secretary of the mosque who invited Professor Dauda Ojobi. The Secretary of Annur Mosque, a very nice amiable gentlemen, welcomed us warmly. He told us that Professor Dauda Ojobi would arrive soon. I asked if I could take his picture and interview him and he said that would depend on Professor/Shiekh Ojobi. As we waited other Muslim faithful arrived for the Professor Ojobi lecture. Not long they all rushed to perform their ablution for the 6:20pm Magrib prayer. Musa Azare told me to write my questions in a piece of paper before he finishes praying and left us to pray inside the mosque and we went into our car to set our cameras and get ready.

Immediately after the prayer, Musa Azare came to take my question to Professor Dauda Ojobi and invited me inside the mosque with other muslims, over two hundred people, all seated on this beautiful persian rug in this beautiful mosque to listen to an already seated Professor Dauda Ojobi, by his side was the obviously excited Secretary of Annur Mosque. My question to Professor Dauda Ojobi was:

“YOU have been the subject of social media, Facebook and Twitter, debate over the years. It is being alleged that you claimed that Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) were behind the Maitetsine crisis of the early 80s. Is that what you said?”

My question was handed to Professor Dauda Ojobi. It was the first question he answered but really didn’t answer. Shiekh Ojobi said briefly that he has been talking about this same issue since 2002 and no one from the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has come out to challenge him. I waited throughout Professor Dauda Ojobi’s lecture, not lecture actually, question and answer session, and the topic was to discuss questions Christians ask Muslims.

Professor/Shiekh Dauda Ojobi went on to answer questions Christians ask Muslims and it was the same hate ranting. It was quite obvious that this man who says he is a professor is acting up and his congregation were mesmerised by his un-intelligent theatricals.

One shocking statement Professor Ojobi made was that Christians have sex inside the church. He described the ritual as “fertility day”, that is on the day of thanksgiving, where women who wanted to get pregnant are put inside the church with men and the lights are switched off. “From Amen, amen, amen…the sound in the church turns to ashh…ashh…ashh…,” Professor Ojobi described the sexual ecstasy to his congregation. “You will hear someone having sex with your wife.”

One of the questions Professor Ojobi answered was questions Christians ask Muslims like, why do Muslims marry Christian women when Muslim women are not allowed to marry Christian men. Professor Ojobi said the Qur’an said Muslim should marry Al-Kitab. “Are Nigeria Muslims Al-Kitab?” He went on to say Nigerian Muslims are not Al-Kitab but “Salabe Kitab”. Nigerian Christians are not owners of the book but followers of the book. He went on to tell his congregation not marry Christian women. He sighted example by a case where a Muslim man went to Oju local government, that is in Benue State, to marry a Christian woman. One day the man came home and ate this nice meal. The wife came out to ask him if he enjoyed her meal. The man said it was delicious. The woman told him it was the meat of a dog. The dog had died and the woman had prepared it for her husband. Professor Ojobi said Muslims were allowed to marry Christians because back then there was shortage of women in the Holy land, and that was why Muslims were directed to marry Christian. “But are Nigerian Christians Al-Kitab? Nigerian Christians are not the people being referred to here.

One question Professor Ojobi answered was whether a Muslim is allowed to enter a church, to attend a Christian burial or wedding. The person who wrote the question sighted an example with Muslim politicians entering churches and removing the caps. Shiekh Ojobi berated his congregation that Muslims are not allowed to enter a church or attend Christian burial. Jesus said let the dead bury themselves. He said Jesus meant that let Christians bury themselves. Muslims should not associate with Christians.

Professor Ojobi went on to say the Bible is full of falsehood and romance and is not worthy to be refer to as the book of God.

I noticed when he spoke in English, three quarter of the congregation don’t understand him, but when he translated in Hausa, they cheered. The whole circus was Christian are unclean, don’t associate with them, Christians eat “mushe”, not slaughtered animals. Don’t associate with Christians. Don’t marry Christian women, don’t eat their food, don’t go to their wedding ceremony, don’t attend their burial. It was a venomous sermon full of hate. Hate, hate and hate.

I went outside the mosque as it was time for inshai’ prayer, about an hour into Professor Ojobi’s lecture. I waited until after his lecture before I went into the mosque where Ojobi was being interview. One of the people from some Islamic Television station asked Professor Ojobi something about terrorism and Ojobi answered by saying that it is Christians that are terrorists. I allowed him talk for a while before Musa Azare nudged me to ask the question why I was there.

GEORGE: Sir, I actually asked the first question you answered. I work with NEWISSUES magazine. Let me give you a copy…
(I handed him a copy of NEWISSUES)

PROFESSOR Dauda Ojobi: Thank

GEORGE: The question was that, recently I have been going through the internet, that is Facebook and Twitter, and people are saying that you said Christian Association of Nigeria, that is CAN, were responsible for creating Maitetsine. Is that you statement sir?

PROFESSOR Dauda Ojobi: My statement is that…I remember when some group of Muslims gathered together in Jos in 1954…

GEORGE: Muslims?

PROFESSOR Dauda Ojobi: Muslims…I mean Christians. Christians gathered together in Jos, then five people voluntarily went to Sudan to be trained as Muslims but in the real sense they were not Muslims…, to come back to contaminate Islam…Islamic activities in the minds of Muslims. Islamism in the minds of Muslims, like it had happened previously, so…when they were to come back now, three of them became Muslims. Then two were adamant, they still remain to their own religion as Christians. The two now, Muhammad Magu went to Kano later and be named as Maitetsine. Braima went to Namia and died there. Then this of the Kano now, was not at all Muslim. He died not as a Muslim.
I am not saying that Christian Association of Nigeria or any other but I know, group of Muslims sent them…I mean group of Christians sent them.

GEORGE: Maitetsine was among these people they sent to Sudan?

PROFESSOR Dauda Ojobi: That was what I said at the Iyanagoro Panel.

Another Reporter chipped in: – And in the statement you said you were the Secretary in that Panel?

PROFESSOR Dauda Ojobi: No, I took minute. But I wasn’t the Secretary.

The Reporter who asked the last question quickly said: Thank you sir.

The people around quickly said the old man is tired and should be left alone. After taking picture with Musa Azare outside the mosque. We parted. Outside I saw Professor Ojobi and went to meet him again. I asked for an interview and Professor Ojobi said we can talk right now. I told the old man to go and rest, that we would talk the next day. But Professor Ojobi said he would be leaving for Kaduna. I told him I will see him in Kaduna for an interview. Professor Dauda Ojobi, who I noticed was already uncomfortable and perspiring said “No problem.”

I got Professor Dauda Ojobi’s book “Where Lies the Truth: – In the Bible or Qur’an?” The blurb says:-

” He graduated as a Christian Pastor from Kagoro Bible College in 1961. He held the pastoral post first as First Baptist Church Kaduna in 1961 and reverted to Islam in 1966. Professor Ojobi attended many Islamic Schools such as School for Arabic Studies Kano. Abdullahi Bayero College Kano. Baghdad University Iraq, University of Jos and University of Cairo, Egypt where he got his Ph.D in Economics. The blurb says he has six Bachelor Degree, Six Master Degrees, Foud Phd. ”

The facts that you can see the mistakes and topographic errors, wrong punctuation, wrong sentences, and no reference pages in this book makes Professor Dauda Ojobi claims of having six masters degrees and four PhD questionable. In fact everything about Professor Dauda Ojobi is questionable. Why Muslims scholars and intellectuals have not challenged his style of mediocre and inciting preaching and obvious misinterpretation of the Holy Qur’an beats my imagination.

I told Musa Azare that this type of preaching where Christianity and Christians are being demonised by people likes Professor Dauda Ojobi is why doctrines like Boko Haram flourishes in Nigeria. Musa Azare didn’t argue that. In fact he agreed with me. Ironically most people at the mosque that day were Kanuris and Shuwa, Borno State indigenous people.

http://www.newissuesmagazine.com/face-face-hate-islamic-preacher-professor-dauda-ojobi/

Re: Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi by DonXavi(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
This 'Prof' of a man must be mentally imbalanced, no doubt about it. As to why some people would take him seriously puts to question their mental stability also. As to why such hate preachers are allowed contributes to why fanaticism continues to thrive in the North.
Re: Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
I wonder why Peaceful Muslims are surprised when non-muslims demonize Islam. it is because of peeps like this Maga..

(1) (Reply)

Does An Atheist Have A Soul? / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? / Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.