Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? (13023 Views)

2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival / If You Were Asked To Preach In Your Church, What Will Be Your Message? / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by kismo(m): 11:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
I boarded "Ajumobi Shuttle" today, on my way to Dugbe from Iwo Road. Before we get to NECO Office at Gate, a young man started sharing the word of God in the bus. As soon as he started, the driver just inserted Orlando Owo disc and tuned the volume to the peak, that the people beside the young man couldn't even hear him anylonger. This driver didn't tune down the volume of the bus tape, even with the pleads of the passengers. Please my people, is it wrong to preach in public transport?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Vivly(f): 11:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
Its not. Just be sure the bus is not stuffy and overcrowded else......

Remember to pay your transport fare.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by God2man(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2013
It is ok, give them tract or christian literature. Let the message be quick and powerful, then be silent.

God bless you.
God2man.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 25, 2013
It is wrong where the instruction says it is wrong but in a transport system without instruction it is right unless the driver cautioned against such action !!!

And when the driver cautioned against such or some passengers voiced out against such then .......the preacher can just bless them all IJN and sit down calmly.............No need to force urself on people !!! ....

Pastors always preached before taking-off from Abuja-South motor parks .......and there has never been problem!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by kismo(m): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2013
There was no instruction against it. So, I see no reason why the driver (even if he is muslim) should against it.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Elcapo(m): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by simongonner: 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
He is right and wrong....
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Deivid10(m): 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
d preacher must 1st of all... Go down low n study d environment.... if it is friendly or inviting, den he should cont. BT in a state where na book haram dey as passengers.... he shld pls if possible hide his collar to avoid stories that touch n ordeal topics making our FP on #land. joke aside, dem dis ppl own don dey too much self.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by donphilopus: 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
I don't see anything wrong in doing that, but try and do that moderately..
The word of the Lord must be preached to everybody, so that at the end nobody would say he or she was not oppurtuned to receive Christ.

So I urge you all to preach the Word anywhere you are

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
donroxy: It is wrong where the instruction says it is wrong but in a transport system without instruction it is right unless the driver cautioned against such action !!!

And when the driver cautioned against such or some passengers voiced out against such then .......the preacher can just bless them all IJN and sit down calmly.............No need to force urself on people !!! ....

Pastors always preached before taking-off from Abuja-South motor parks .......and there has never been problem!!!

That powerful name need not be abbreviated, please. If you could write every other word clearly spelt, pls let His name -JESUS be clearly spelt out too...wink. Tenks! cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Lilimax(f): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
@ OP, there is nothing wrong with preaching in a public transport if you are led.(in Nigeria)
The driver of the vehicle just exhibited his hatred towards Christianity sad.
I'm sure he is one of those people with troubled soul angry?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by sexymoma(f): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
No, its not bad
One can actually repent in the bus you know
if Jonah could preach in that dangerous city
why can't one preach in the bus
if Paul could meet God in the bush so tell me where you can't meet God.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by importexpert(m): 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by fuckluv(f): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
It is wrong. angry

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by LeStylo: 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
fuckluv: It is wrong. angry
IT'S WRONG!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by trolling(m): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
where....yes its permitted

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by moscobabs(m): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ibadan people no dey like Preaching ooo,they nearly killed me when I preached to them at Apete area of POLY Ibadan in 2003.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Lilimax(f): 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
moscobabs: Ibadan people no dey like Preaching ooo,they nearly killed me when I preached to them at Apete area of POLY Ibadan in 2003.
Why sad? Didn't you care to find out?
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by princemolak(m): 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
moscobabs: Ibadan people no dey like Preaching ooo,they nearly killed me when I preached to them at Apete area of POLY Ibadan in 2003.
lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
[size=20pt]If you must preach, your potential converts dey Maiduguri[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by misterh(m): 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2013
Your freedom ends where mine begins.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Sepp360(m): 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
must yhu preach the word of God every where yhu go?.... "for me, thats abusing the gospel of the Lord"
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by AbuMikey(m): 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
If you ask me,na who I go ask??

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Tayeni(m): 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
Yes its wrong. For me...... most of time I'm reading something or mentally preparing for something or simply want my quiet while traveling or commuting. It annoys me when that happens....d same reason its wrong for religious organizations to blast their public address syst outdoors in a residential area.
This is causing quite a rift in my otherwise peaceful neighborhood today.

14 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by qualified(f): 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
I see nothing wrong in preaching in a bus, if u choose, as far as u wont ask people to part with their money.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by rosamaris: 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
Preach the word of God anywhere my brother/sister. The Holyspirit will back u up.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by tayokem(m): 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
It is very wrong. Christians overdo things in Ngeria. It actually shows uncivilised nature of tthe preachers and Christianity as a whole

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What You Wear To Church Really Matter? / Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi / Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.