Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,089 members, 7,849,409 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

Seun Please Upgrade Nairaland And Introduce These Features - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun Please Upgrade Nairaland And Introduce These Features (4106 Views)

Opinion : Seun Please We Need This / Seun Please Judge This Case Between Me And Sexkillz / Seun - Please Ban The Dispora Nigerians From Contributing On This Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Seun Please Upgrade Nairaland And Introduce These Features by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
Greyworld:
D funniest point of dis presidential debate is ........haivin abt a milion nairalanders function as mods, dat wud only lead 2 a 2nd cataclysmic failure of our lovely nairaland, d 1st beind wen our datas we're illegally wiped.
Can you explain how that would happen? What makes you think its a bad idea? The concept I explained is it would require votes from posters to take actions like moving topic to frontpage and banning. The action would be taken when a certain number of votes is reached in a certain timeframe. How will it not work?
Re: Seun Please Upgrade Nairaland And Introduce These Features by Greyworld: 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
Ontarget:

Can you explain how that would happen? What makes you think its a bad idea? The concept I explained is it would require votes from posters to take actions like moving topic to frontpage and banning. The action would be taken when a certain number of votes is reached in a certain timeframe. How will it not work?

And yu strongly tink yur ideas are foolproof and wud work flawlessly wid out anorda nairalander cryin foul.... I don't tink so bro n yu knw y? Cuz evn a milion nairalanders vote 4 mi 2 b ban I ll stil mak a fuss and claim dey chose 2 do so cuz I had beef wif some of them again popular nairalanders wud neva get a ban nd dey might just becom anorda set of sacred cows which am so sure yu don't want.

And again hw mny pple do yu tink wud wnt 2 vote topics b4 dey mak fp or wud yu rily want a "foolish" topic (say smtin explicit dat is supposed 2b hidden in sexuality section) to hit fp cuz it made d stipulated numba of votes? if dat happens den seun's idea of kippin NL clean has bin defeated....... Min while I tink most if not all sections have a thread we'r membas can SUGGEST emphasis on suggest n not vote topics 2 make fp. Same goes 2 ban, if yu are ban wrongly present yur case n d mod wud address It, wen I was ban by anti- spam I tod mynd in literature section and d wan was lifted immediately. One luv bro.
Re: Seun Please Upgrade Nairaland And Introduce These Features by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Greyworld:

And yu strongly tink yur ideas are foolproof and wud work flawlessly wid out anorda nairalander cryin foul.... I don't tink so bro n yu knw y? Cuz evn a milion nairalanders vote 4 mi 2 b ban I ll stil mak a fuss and claim dey chose 2 do so cuz I had beef wif some of them again popular nairalanders wud neva get a ban nd dey might just becom anorda set of sacred cows which am so sure yu don't want.

And again hw mny pple do yu tink wud wnt 2 vote topics b4 dey mak fp or wud yu rily want a "foolish" topic (say smtin explicit dat is supposed 2b hidden in sexuality section) to hit fp cuz it made d stipulated numba of votes? if dat happens den seun's idea of kippin NL clean has bin defeated....... Min while I tink most if not all sections have a thread we'r membas can SUGGEST emphasis on suggest n not vote topics 2 make fp. Same goes 2 ban, if yu are ban wrongly present yur case n d mod wud address It, wen I was ban by anti- spam I tod mynd in literature section and d wan was lifted immediately. One luv bro.
The issue here is not about complaining. Definitely people will still complain. The main thing here is the site will be sanitized with speed without having to wait for any moderator to see the offending thing first before taking it down. Most times offensive comments and posters are left free for a long time before taken it down cos the moderator didn't spot it quick enough. But since posters are everywhere at all times they can always see disgusting things and vote it out of sight very fast.

Secondly, what makes you think the current moderators don't spare the popular posters and are not partial? What made you think you think the current moderators cannot ban you if you have beef with him or her? If the system I am proposing is adopted there is NO WAY popular posters will be spared from wrong doing because there are still posters who don't care about your popularity or even know you are popular. So that is not an issue. If posters team up to ban you then it means you are not a responsible poster. People cannot just team up to ban if you behave responsibly. You will be forced to be a good poster to avoid posters teaming up against you.

Concerning "foolish" topics at the sexuality section making frontpage. The feature can be disabled in that section. Besides, I believe the number of sane people on Nairaland far surpasses the number of crazy people. So there is no way crazy topics can be making frontage. The topics on frontpage will always be what most people like.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The First Thing That Comes To Mind On Waking Up Each Morning? / Intresting:some Things You Never Knew (photos) / Greatpeter is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.