Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,996 members, 7,852,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

What Is Your Favorite Devotional Guide And Are They Really Effective? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is Your Favorite Devotional Guide And Are They Really Effective? (373 Views)

Zodiac Traits do they really reflect in your character / Friends!friends!friends!are They Really Necessary? / Wedding Guide And Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Devotional Guide And Are They Really Effective? by alanjack: 9:53am On Oct 14, 2014
With the pressure modern day life puts on us, we barely have time to say family prayers like we used to only a few years back. Now, it is common to see men, women and even children leave their houses as early as six in the morning to meet up with their daily schedules. When the day is finally over, everyone will be equally too tired for any lengthy prayer session. As a result many devotional guides have popped up over the years to guide family and individuals have some time with God. I've lost count of the number of times I've read mine in the bus on my way to work or hurriedly read it, while lying down before falling asleep. Personally, I use Open Heavens in the morning and Our Daily Manna at night. For me I still miss the almost church like session we use to have growing up, even though I frowned every time my father seemed to spend too much time.
So, folks which devotional guide(s) do you use, and are they as effective as the old school way you once knew?

Re: What Is Your Favorite Devotional Guide And Are They Really Effective? by madmadu(m): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2014
DAILY GUIDE

(1) (Reply)

Crime Of Charity: 2 Pastors, 90-year-old Man Charged With Feeding Homeless / How Armed Robbers Sees Robbing / ..........tribal Mark..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.