Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

What Do You Think Of These Two Names - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Do You Think Of These Two Names (954 Views)

What Do U Think,of An Imam That Denounce Is Faith In Islam because Of Dis Fact? / Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? / What Do Muslim Think Of Dieing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of These Two Names by sallyopy(f): 11:10am On Oct 14, 2014
Assallam Allahikum brothers and sisters in Islam. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and Inshaa Allah will be due soon and my husband just asked me to choose between these two names DELiSHA and AKEELAH as we are expecting a girl Insha Allahu. Pls brothers and sisters what do u think of these names? Are they truly of Islamic origin? Pls advise and probably suggest more beautiful Islamic names. Thank you
Re: What Do You Think Of These Two Names by azeeza(f): 11:17am On Oct 14, 2014
Salaam sister! What about noble names like FATIMA,HALIMA,KHADIJA? I wish you a safe delivery....
Re: What Do You Think Of These Two Names by sallyopy(f): 11:34am On Oct 14, 2014
azeeza:
Salaam sister! What about noble names like FATIMA,HALIMA,KHADIJA? I wish you a safe delivery....
thanks sister but do you know anything about this two names?
Re: What Do You Think Of These Two Names by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 14, 2014
Pick akeelah. It sounds nice.
Re: What Do You Think Of These Two Names by sallyopy(f): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Pick akeelah. It sounds nice.
I thought this thread is for Muslims alone? Sonoflucifer!
Re: What Do You Think Of These Two Names by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
sallyopy:
I thought this thread is for Muslims alone? Sonoflucifer!
I converted to Islam this morning. Check my profile.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of These Two Names by azeeza(f): 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
Its not all about picking a name that sound nice, but a name that will have reflection on that child's life. I have not heard of those names been mentioned by you but i heard about Dillish of big brother africa,Akeela and the bee.
sallyopy:
thanks sister but do you know anything about this two names?

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of These Two Names by kemiola89(f): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
Never heard of such names before. @Op, Why don't you ask your husband where those names originated from?

May Allah grant you and every pregnant woman a normal delivery... Thumma sabiila yassarahu.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of These Two Names by lanrexlan(m): 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
Walaikum Salam Waramatulah Wabarakatuh dear sister,may Allah in his mercy grants you safe delivery.Akeelah means intelligent,logical one who reasons. Never heard of Delisha,some people do love sweet names but what matter most is the meaning of the name .

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of These Two Names by sallyopy(f): 9:31am On Oct 22, 2014
kemiola89:
Never heard of such names before. @Op, Why don't you ask your husband where those names originated from?

May Allah grant you and every pregnant woman a normal delivery... Thumma sabiila yassarahu.
they are both of Arabic origin

(1) (Reply)

A real "Challenge" for you: Sajdatut-tilawah- Prostration Due To Recitation / Lessons From Hadith 4 Of The Forty Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih / Moral Islamic Values That Can Change The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.