Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Newborn Baby Girl Found Alive In Dumpster: Baby Wrapped In Towel, Mother Located - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Newborn Baby Girl Found Alive In Dumpster: Baby Wrapped In Towel, Mother Located (911 Views)

Woman Pronounced Dead In Edo Found Alive In Aba / Buried Baby Dug Out Alive In Lagos / Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Girl Found Alive In Dumpster: Baby Wrapped In Towel, Mother Located by smartmom(f): 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
See what desperation can do. It cuts across all culture and nationality indeed[i][/i]

A newborn baby girl was found alive in a dumpster this week after her mother, a teen mom, allegedly left her there. Merced authorities are saying that a California man was in the middle of looking for recyclables when he heard strange noises coming from the dumpster — what he found was a live baby, wrapped in a towel. KFOR News reports this Saturday, October 11, 2014, that the 13-year-old mother of the child has been located and is currently undergoing questioning.

Although one unidentified man was hoping to find some good recyclables this week while peering through a local dumpster, he instead found a newborn baby girl. Police officials have confirmed that the missing child is alive and well, but could have easily died had she not been fortunately discovered so soon. The girl was wrapped in a towel at the time of her finding.

It has not been determined at what time exactly the baby was deposited into the Merced, California, dumpster, but she was found at roughly 5:30 a.m. this Thursday morning. After lifting the towel and realizing there was a child there, the man says he immediately shouted for help. Neighbors were quick to offer their assistance and phone the police.

“I reached in, grabbed it, gave it to my wife, took off my pink t-shirt, gave it to her, said, ‘Cover the baby up. She needs warmth,'" shared the man in an interview statement. "My wife then proceeded and brought her inside, massaged her, and she heard the baby cry.”

According to ABC 30 News this week, the young mother of the newborn baby girl was located soon after the unearthing of the infant. Her identity remains undisclosed as a minor, but she is a 13-year-old teen from the Merced area. Authorities managed to find the girl while conducting an investigation into the matter, and learning from neighbors that the young woman had only recently given birth. She soon admitted that she had abandoned the baby in a dumpster, wrapping her in a towel to keep her warm and not knowing what else to do, noted the report.

Police have taken the 13-year-old mother in for questioning in terms of her pregnancy, birth, and her actions. She is currently in state care and under the shelter of Child Protective Services to make sure she is mentally and physically well.

The best news in this shocking case is that the baby found in a dumpster is said by local medical officials to be in “very good health” and currently receiving care from Mercy Hospital. Individuals with information or knowledge of the 13-year-old teen or her child are encouraged to reach out to the Merced Police Department as soon as possible.
www.examiner.com/article/newborn-baby-gi...towel-mother-located
Re: Newborn Baby Girl Found Alive In Dumpster: Baby Wrapped In Towel, Mother Located by smartmom(f): 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
Shocked that this would happen in that part of the world. Expected that an adoption would have been planned long before the delivery to such a young mother.
Re: Newborn Baby Girl Found Alive In Dumpster: Baby Wrapped In Towel, Mother Located by ifyalways(f): 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
When kids have seeex and then have kids. . .

Fortunately, the baby was rescued alive.

(1) (Reply)

Family / What A Husband Told His Wife On The Night Of Their Wedding/marriage / Managing Change In Nigerian As Man Uses Ruler To Measure Yam(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.