Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,450 members, 7,812,378 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? (7093 Views)

I Am Looking For Call Of Duty Black Ops Or Advanced Warfare Or Metal Gear Solid / Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century / Which Is Better. God Of War 3 Or Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 6:02am On Dec 30, 2006
Yea im currently playin FF12 but i had to lose it cos i gotta go back to sch
12 is da bomb, it is reli tite oooo, for me its the best
followed by 7 and 9
Squaresoft, its all to u grin
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by echowords(m): 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2006
Yea im currently playin FF12 but i had to lose it because i gotta go back to sch
12 is da bomb, it is reli tite oooo, for me its the best
followed by 7 and 9
Squaresoft, its all to u

Gamine u surprise me, really cool

Anyway i am curious to know why everyone thinks 7 was the best ff game ever made,so i am gonna pack up my 360,blow the dust off my ps1 and try the game out. (ive cleared 8 though)

Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2006
Echowords, i surprise u , how
U better dust ur PS1 and pla tht game, forget abt the graphics better still hv in mind tht ff7 was a groundbreakr in graphics
the story is sweet, gameplay is jst rite, xtras are nice too, play it ooooh wink
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Lush: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2006

Dude, its kinda rare to find female tanners but let me formally welcome you to the fellowship of the ring (sound familiar?)! Anyway, i dont think you guys should be comparing Final fantasy and MGS. They're totally different in terms of gameplay, depth and brain drain. I've got FFX and it totally blew me away although i was kinda p*ssed i couldnt get the dark aeons. I liked MGS but love MGS2. MGS is more in your face and down to earth in a way but FF, just like the name saiz, is all fantasy (and i'm totally cool with that). Final fantasy requires a whole lot of thinking and i spent many a night trying to find out how much to bribe "Yojimbo" with just to make him perform his super overkill move! Finally cracked it.

Both games rock but just not comparable! Shalashaska.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2006
Comparing FF to MGS dosent cut it, i love espionage and MGS is it for me I Love RPGs and FF fulfills that
they are both great games in their own rights, great stories and graphics, but i guess FF comes to mind more often for me

one of my earlier posts.

Tanners, oh yeah bck in the days of nintendo we used to 'Tan' but these days Gamers gaming is more like it!
i grew up wiv games, besides they r really fun to play, my yunger sista who is 12 has finished FFX-2 and i cldnt evn play it.
its all good tho! wink
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2006
12 right there! grin
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Lush: 7:07pm On Dec 31, 2006

You're right Gamine, FF fulfils the lust for rpgs but i've crossed over to the dark side and going next gen. I'm saving up my pennies for a PS3 (not a fan of the xbox360), to get Oblivion. Now, thats a perfect example of a next gen rpg (mmorpg) and from previews, videos and reviews i've seen, its going to take me a couple of years to finish. Dude, i'm already drooling from the late night sessions. Cool to have a chic on board the games forum though, lets hope the you're strong in the force and dont retire a couple of years down the line. See ya around,
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2006
Oblivion is a saga in the Elders scroll stories
i used to play Morrowind on PC, its very good i lyk it.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Lush: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2006

Curiouser and curiouser, so you know your fantasy tales too Gamine! Strong in the force i feel, Gamine has become she has. I am impressed that i am. I wonder what other skills you've got up your sleeve shocked Hear ye, hear ye, let it be known that Gamine has undoubtedly proven herself to be worthy to be plugged into the matrix! grin Cheerio,
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 8:14pm On Dec 31, 2006
Thank you Lush, but i a staying on the good side, im not a Darth vader fan,, i cried in revenge of the sith
Sith lords r like soooo evil, nd i hated Anakin.
Nehow, Matrix is the stuff legends r made of, glad to be in it

And ive got skills just read ma threads wink
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Viante(f): 5:26am On Jan 01, 2007
SolidSnake is my kinda guy cool, not the babyfaced heros of Final Fantasy : undecided
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 9:11am On Jan 01, 2007
Baby faced u say, anyhow sha they rock, its only Squall nd Tidus i hate
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Lush: 10:05am On Jan 01, 2007

I dont think Viante would be saying that if she knew Solid Snake lost an eye in the next episode and he's looking all old and wrinkled. Coupled with the fact that you'll probably change your mind when you see Raiden (he's Solid Snake's successor by the way), he's got sexier moves. But i repeat, nothing's more satisfying than pulling off an overdrive on FFX. I'm with Gamine on this one but it doesnt mean i havent got a soft spot for MGS kiss

Solidus
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 10:16am On Jan 01, 2007
i didnt evn kno he lost an eye, eya!
u reli like FFX sha, i cnt stand it, the story to me is the wackiest
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Lush: 10:42am On Jan 01, 2007

You're right, the storyline was dorky but i only played the game cos a friend gave me as a present. And the weird thing is i dont love the game, i played the game cos of the wicked moves i could pull off with the aeons grin
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by echowords(m): 10:49am On Jan 01, 2007
I don't think Viante would be saying that if she knew Solid Snake lost an eye in the next episode.

If u are talking about MGS 3 snake eater. the story was based on Big boss(before metal gear solid 1) not solid snake but they look alike cause snake was made from B.bosses D.N.A.so what i am saying is B.Boss lost  an eye not snake.

Echowords, i surprise u , how

I ve not seen chicks who play games and watch manga animes.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 11:05am On Jan 01, 2007
yeah thnks be twas BigBoss ooh.
one think i ked in FF8 are the GFs,, mostly

i kno gurls who play games ooh
and some who evn watch manga more than me
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Lush: 11:21am On Jan 01, 2007

Dudes, i was talking about MGS4: Guns of the patriots (coming out on the ps3 this year). *Spoiler alert: He's going to shoot himself in the head. I'm not a fan of Snake eater, too much camo stealth involved. You guys dig animes too? If you watch naruto, anybody have any idea when he gets to face Sasuke again?

Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 11:39am On Jan 01, 2007
me i dnt like naruto, i only watch it smtimes cos of Sasuke
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by echowords(m): 11:43am On Jan 01, 2007
uh i think they met again after the fight in episode 134. this time sasuke meant to kill naruto but oroshimaru stopped him."in time too cause he was doing some powerful jutsu" the guy practically sealed kyubi.
Just check out the naruto forum. and oh download deathnote

me i dnt like naruto, i only watch it smtimes because of Sasuke

more sasuke fans i think i will just die. the guys so arrogant
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Lush: 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2007

Sorry dude, i saw that episode ages ago and i'm actually on episode 214-215( 45 minute special). Ever since episode 134, Sasuke has only featured once and it was in a special showing the top 10 fight scenes (2months ago or so). He only mumbled to Orochimaru to come train him some more. I'm only interested in the fight cos i'd like to see Sasuke get his a*se wooped. To be honest, i actually prefer Rock Lee and Gaara to Sasuke. What am i saying, i even prefer Itachi (Sasuke's bro) to Sasuke. Any of you guys follow Bleach? And whats Deathnote about? This is the 2nd time i've heard about it.

Dattebayo !
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by echowords(m): 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2007
i still download the anime,but i am talking about the manga.they met again in the manga.(u know the manga is ahead of the anime).I ve watched the special episode where they graded the best fights in naruto.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Viante(f): 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2007
GO TO THE NARUTO THREAD, i thot this was abt MGS or FF
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by marhoatumu(m): 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2007
of anything ever named final fantasy, wether game or animated movie or cartoon, if it has seven attached to its name or it have cloud in it, then it is the best of them all. as for metal gear, its good, but next to ff7, snake and co can jump off a cliff with their heads facing down for all i care.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by echowords(m): 11:04pm On Jan 19, 2007
Any gist on dat new ff game dirge of cerberus ??. been hearing alot about it.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by WebMonk(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2007
@ Viante

nice concept behind your photo. Just inverted it in photo shop to see the real thing. grin

Anybody finished FF12 yet? Or better yet, how many espers (gurdian forces in ff8) do you command?
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by TanaG(f): 7:49pm On Jan 20, 2007
right now i command only,

actually none sad
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Lush: 3:42am On Jan 21, 2007
@ echowords, heard the game isnt all that and its a Devil may cry clone (and it failed horribly at that too) angry Move on mate, nothing to see here ,
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by c0dec(m): 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2007

if (!(Tana_G == Viante == Gamine))
{
// shoot me!
}

i just want to see gameplay footage of FF Crystal Chronicles for the wii.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Lush: 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2007
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by c0dec(m): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2007
aint merry yet. i said "gameplay" not "cgi". knowing square, nothing will be shown till the game is complete. sad
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by marhoatumu(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2007
anybody heard anything new about ff13 and ff13 versus. the preview i saw was tight

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where In Computer Village, Ikeja Can I Get Pc Games For My Laptop / What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section / Online Fifa 20 Players In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.