Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,772 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

An Open Letter To Gen Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Gen Buhari (2332 Views)

Tribute To Gen. Azazi. / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo / Happy Birthday To Gen. Mohammed Buhari And The Pope. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
Dear Sir Buhari,
A man of great fairness and straightforwardness, he is a man i personally respect. During his reign, we know he did great things including reducing corruption as low as reasonably possible. He has great score cards, great idea of how to deal with corruption, a man of great dignity and history speaks as regards that.
But,
Buhari, dont you think
You ruled this country and crashed it economically,
You brought about laws that where demeaning including outright killings,
Now, am not against your seeking for a corrupt free Nigeria, am against the fact that Corruption as it is isn't the problem of Nigeria basically but just a syptoms.
Obviously your only point, and thats what we hear up and down is your agenda to destroy corruption... We know you can do that but at what or whose expense
You have no Robust economic plans... I doubt if you even think toward that direction cos you are beclouded by corruption, though its expected due to your military background, but Nigeria/Nigerians cannot take that risk. If the Economy of this Nation thrives, with few good policies and laws we would get it right.
Buhari, also we are tired of having Presidents that die in office. Looking at you, i don't fear for anything than loosing my beloveth President on official duty. You are too old sire, leave the race for younger blood, think of your family and many fans that will be hurt when you die in office, although we really are not praying for that to happen. Nigeria is a complicated country, don't think it was then when you where still young, even then, Nigeria was not as complicated as it is now. So please sir, think of us too and leave the race.
Sir,
We where told we are the leaders of tomorrow, even you said it to some group of students back then when you where head of state. Haba!!! You think of that statement alone. Is either you lied to us, or you didn't understand what you where saying yourself. Sire, abeg, biko, mbok, wean, please, mabinu, ndor, rest for the matter.
Lastly Buhari,
You have ruled(yes ruled) this country before, and you made little impact. Even then the so-called corruption didn't disappear. There still was corruption, even attached to your name, you know now, the Nnpc things and the likes. You had your fair chance, but didn't utilize it. Now you asking for another. It doesn't work that way sir.
You've lost three consecutive election back to back. All things remaining constant (cos nothing has really changed nor have you changed) same masses, same opposition, same inec, same you, same everything what gives you the hope that you will emerge this time
Don't let the internet or the likes of CRAMJONES, IBNSULTAN or EGIFT undecideddeceive you... Its much more than that sire, you know i wouldn't lie to you.
I know we would one day sit down and laugh over this experiences... But for now just seek another hobby.
Thank you sire,
Freest

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Oooops: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
Freest:
Dear Sir Buhari,
A man of great fairness and straightforwardness, he is a man i personally respect. During his reign, we know he did great things including reducing corruption as low as reasonably possible. He has great score cards, great idea of how to deal with corruption, a man of great dignity and history speaks as regards that.
But,
Buhari, dont you think
Now, am not against your seeking for a corrupt free Nigeria, am against the fact that Corruption as it is isn't the problem of Nigeria basically but just a syptoms.
Obviously your only point, and thats what we hear up and down is your agenda to destroy corruption... We know you can do that but at what or whose expense
You have no Robust economic plans... I doubt if you even think toward that direction cos you are beclouded by corruption, though its expected due to your military background, but Nigeria/Nigerians cannot take that risk. If the Economy of this Nation thrives, with few good policies and laws we would get it right.
Buhari, also we are tired of having Presidents that die in office. Looking at you, i don't fear for anything than loosing my beloveth President on official duty. You are too old sire, leave the race for younger blood, think of your family and many fans that will be hurt when you die in office, although we really are not praying for that to happen. Nigeria is a complicated country, don't think it was then when you where still young, even then, Nigeria was not as complicated as it is now. So please sir, think of us too and leave the race.
Sir,
We where told we are the leaders of tomorrow, even you said it to some group of students back then when you where head of state. Haba!!! You think of that statement alone. Is either you lied to us, or you didn't understand what you where saying yourself. Sire, abeg, biko, mbok, wean, please, mabinu, ndor, rest for the matter.
Lastly Buhari,
You have ruled(yes ruled) this country before, and you made little impact. Even then the so-called corruption didn't disappear. There still was corruption, even attached to your name, you know now, the Nnpc things and the likes. You had your fair chance, but didn't utilize it. Now you asking for another. It doesn't work that way sir.
You've lost three consecutive election back to back. All things remaining constant (cos nothing has really changed nor have you changed) same masses, same opposition, same inec, same you, same everything what gives you the hope that you will emerge this time
Don't let the internet or the likes of CRAMJONES or EGIFT undecideddeceive you... Its much more than that sire, you know i wouldn't lie to you.
I know we would one day sit down and laugh over this experiences... But for now just seek another hobby.
Thank you sire,
Freest
Great post... But i thought everybody has the right to contest despite the age
Why u dey help am fear ni Even though i prefer my young Jonathan, but GEJ shouldnt just win free of charge without a fight now... At least Buhari should give him a run for his money... Nice post by the way,
Front page material
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
Thanks Ooops... Abeg sef wetin be ur real name
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by OtunbaJega: 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
This space is reserved...Incase this rubbish hit FP
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by FastShipping: 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
Freest:
Dear Sir Buhari,
But,
Buhari, dont you think
Sir,
Lastly Buhari,
Don't let the internet or the likes of CRAMJONES or EGIFT undecideddeceive you... Its much more than that sire, you know i wouldn't lie to you.
Thank you sire,
Freest

I stopped reading your post at the bolded. Please, tell us more about the people Buhari killed during his 18 months in power. I was old enough to know what Buhari regime was like back then.

I am waiting for the list ot the so called "outright killings" by Buhari. Provide the answers so I can come back and read the rest of your post.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by adonbilivit: 8:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
hmm. deep
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
OtunbaJega:
Are you kidding me Look at them, by their post u shall know them
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2014
FastShipping:

I stopped reading your post at the bolded. Please, tell us more about the people Buhari killed during his 18 months in power. I was old enough to know what Buhari regime was like back then.

I am waiting for the list ot the so called "outright killings" by Buhari. Provide the answers so I can come back and read the rest of your post.
[b]General Mohammadu Buhari and Tunde Idiagbon (now deceased) came to power on Saturday December 31, 1983 although the regime of this duo was too short to appraise but the regime reigned in what many people of Nigeria could at best describe as dictatorial, even the successor regime of this regime led by General Ibrahim Babangida described the regime thus:

“He was too rigid and uncompromising in his attitude to issues of national significance”.

No sooner did Buhari/Idiagbon ceased government than the infamous Decree Number Four (DN4) of 1984 was promulgated by the duo; Buhari/Idiagbon became famous for coming down heavily against the Nigerian press, making the report of truth a very serious offence in the country, not many will for get the terrible situation of Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor of the Guardian who were imprisoned for making a ca report on the Government. The Buhari/Idiagbon regime would also executed Bernard Ogedengbe, Bartholomew Owoh and Lawal Ojulope for an offence committed by them as alleged by the regime after a national debate in spite of public pleas, the execution of these gentlemen were made possible by a retroactive decree courtesy of Buhari/Idiagbon regime.
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
FastShipping:

Can you continue reading now
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Canme4u(m): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
FastShipping:

same here sir. You are so much on point.
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
Canme4u:

Why don't you guys prove that it didn't happencos i just proved mine!!!
Plus u should and alway complete a reading or hearing. Learn to filter what is not useful to you and accept that which is until proven otherwise.
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
Canme4u:

Why don't you guys prove that it didn't happencos i just proved mine!!! Its on records.
Plus u should and alway complete a reading or hearing. Learn to filter what is not useful to you and accept that which is until proven otherwise.
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by TeetoEsq(m): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Freest:

[b]General Mohammadu Buhari and Tunde Idiagbon (now deceased) came to power on Saturday December 31, 1983 although the regime of this duo was too short to appraise but the regime reigned in what many people of Nigeria could at best describe as dictatorial, even the successor regime of this regime led by General Ibrahim Babangida described the regime thus:

“He was too rigid and uncompromising in his attitude to issues of national significance”.

No sooner did Buhari/Idiagbon ceased government than the infamous Decree Number Four (DN4) of 1984 was promulgated by the duo; Buhari/Idiagbon became famous for coming down heavily against the Nigerian press, making the report of truth a very serious offence in the country, not many will for get the terrible situation of Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor of the Guardian who were imprisoned for making a ca report on the Government. The Buhari/Idiagbon regime would also executed Bernard Ogedengbe, Bartholomew Owoh and Lawal Ojulope for an offence committed by them as alleged by the regime after a national debate in spite of public pleas, the execution of these gentlemen were made possible by a retroactive decree courtesy of Buhari/Idiagbon regime.
[/b]
hmmmmm bros e be Like say u been go school withh my grandfather....great historian
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by micklplus(m): 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
It is buhari's right to contest even in 100 times. He shouldnt be castigated for that.

.....but wait, you dey fear on his behalf?
Buhari stands for something and it is his right to put that into manifestation.

Nice write up though
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
micklplus:
It is buhari's right contest even in 100 times. He should be castigated for that.

.....but wait, you dey fear on his behalf?
Like seriously, after what happened to our beloveth Yar-Adua, i have to talk to my friend Buhari...
If i don't take care of him who will
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
TeetoEsq:
hmmmmm bros e be Like say u been go school withh my grandfather....great historian
History is important in the development of any great Nation sire... Its important we look back at where we are coming from and use such experience to shapen the future...
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by micklplus(m): 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
Freest:

Like seriously, after what happened to our beloveth Yar-Adua, i have to talk to my friend Buhari...
If i don't take care of him who will

I will rather have a buhari than Jonah ooo.
#fact.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by chimerase2: 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
Nice from u der op
I really luv de way u pour out the mind of nigerians on dis issue
Buhari has contested for election 3 times and he lost, I just dnt knw de evil pple pushing him to go for anoda round haba pple wicked oh
As u said earlier
Same election, same pple, same voting, same pattern, same GEJ, same buhari
Same winner and same looser
Same cry cry baby grin
This one buhari go use tinubu oju opolo cry blood dis time cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
micklplus:

I will rather have a buhari than Jonah ooo.
#fact.
Why sire
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
chimerase2:
Nice from u der op
I really luv de way u pour out the mind of nigerians on dis issue
Buhari has contested for election 3 times and he lost, I just dnt knw de evil pple pushing him to go for anoda round haba pple wicked oh
As u said earlier
Same election, same pple, same voting, same pattern, same GEJ, same buhari
Same winner and same looser
Same cry cry baby grin
This one buhari go use tinubu oju opolo cry blood dis time cheesy
grin grin grin... Am not a fan of either pdp nor apc, just a critical thinker!!!
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by micklplus(m): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
Freest:

Why sire

It would be good to have corruption tamed which means, money is available for infrastructural development and investment s if money recovered from corruption is better used

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
Anoda troll on the loose

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by chimerase2: 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
Freest:

grin grin grin... Am not a fan of either pdp nor apc, just a critical thinker!!!
same here grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
micklplus:

It would good to have corruption tamed which means, money is available for infrastructural development and investment s if money recovered from corruption is better used
It doesn't work like that sir...
Check buhari's history... He crumbled corruption but same way our economy crumbled.. The policies he brought drove investors, People who didn't sell at millitary prices where arrested which in turn wasn't good for the international community...
Inasmuch as we need corruption curbed, we don't need a dictatorship kind of style to curb it, it will only lead us to poverty. When the economy of a Nation improves and right policies made, corruption although cannot be totally eradicated, will be minimized reasonably...
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:
Anoda troll on the loose
Your humble submission is respected... Define a troll please
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
chimerase2:
same here grin grin
Welcome to the club bro
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
OtunbaJega:
Complete Crap and rubbish from the OP
Age is No factor
Corruption is responsible for the decay in our Country and we must fight it

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Complete Crap and rubbish from the OP
Age is No factor
Corruption is responsible for the decay in our Country and we must fight it
Age is not a factor Are u kidding me This coming from a Nigerian youth
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
Freest:

Your humble submission is respected... Define a troll please
a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
Freest:

Age is not a factor Are u kidding me This coming from a Nigerian youth
who among the aspirant is a Youth
Age doesn't not diminish the ability of person to be an effective leader
GMB is a charismatic,discipline and truthful leader

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
[quote author=baccaspace post=27146090][/quote]
Thats obviously your personal definition... Now going by that, is there anything I've posted that is not true? Argue reasonably if there is... AM not trying to be amused by anything. Or be entertained... Am bringing out debatable facts and arguable historical points subject to correction. So don't just come to an unreasonable conclusion sire... If you have any proof against my above stated facts, go ahead and bring it pn instead of using an English word to cover your lack of knowledge of history or insights o reasonable matters...
My humble submission grin
Re: An Open Letter To Gen Buhari by Freest(m): 9:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
[quote author=baccaspace post=27146090][/quote]

Thats obviously your personal definition... Now going by that, is there anything I've posted that is not true? Argue reasonably if there is... AM not trying to be amused by anything. Or be entertained... Am bringing out debatable facts and arguable historical points subject to correction. So don't just come to an unreasonable conclusion sire... If you have any proof against my above stated facts, go ahead and bring it pn instead of using an English word to cover your lack of knowledge of history or insights o reasonable matters...
My humble submission grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pic:at 24 Years, 9 Months, Alfred-diete Spiff Was Appointed Military Govt / Injustice In Kogi Politics / Rivers Gov. Wike Name Caretaker Chairmen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.