Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State (1528 Views)

Fayose Suspends Teachers For Engaging Students In Child Labour(Pics) / Fayose Suspends SSG, Modupe Alade, Orders HOS To Oversee Office / Fayose Imposes Dusk To Dawn Curfew In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by bamidell(m): 8:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
Its unprecedented, outrageous and unconstitutional, the governor elect of ekiti state suspends the more than two weeks curfew without the knowledge, consent and authority of the incumbent governor, doc fayemi, ... I keep asking myself this rhetorical question.... Are we practising a democratic system of government or an autocratic democracy... If its a realistic political ideology ... Its actually a slap on the people of ekiti, a slap on the governor and on the integrity of Nigeria as a country....
Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by ofala(m): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
In life, there are choices and one of the beautiful things about this life is that we live with the choices we make, whether good or bad. Ekiti people made a choice and they will have no option than to live with it.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by shift15(m): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
bamidell:
Its unprecedented, outrageous and unconstitutional, the governor elect of ekiti state suspends the more than two weeks curfew without the knowledge, consent and authority of the incumbent governor, doc fayemi, ... I keep asking myself this rhetorical question.... Are we practising a democratic system of government or an autocratic democracy... If its a realistic political ideology ... Its actually a slap on the people of ekiti, a slap on the governor and on the integrity of th Nigeria as a country....

How did he do that? Don't just spill thrash, tell us in specific term how he made the announcement for the suspension.

1 Like

Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by mascot87(m): 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
Let Ekiti people enjoy d fresh air
Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by bamidell(m): 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
ofala:
In life, there are choices and one of the beautiful things about this life is that we live with the choices we make, whether good or bad. Ekiti people made a choice and they will have no option than to live with it.

Wow... You are quiet a great thinker.... Its just the irony of life... They wouldn't realize what they have done until they actually see it to the end... I've been in this state for some years now and what I've notice is that ekiti people are never satisfy with things and covetous....
Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by bamidell(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
ofala:

Wow... You are quiet a great thinker.... Its just the irony of life... They wouldn't realize what they have done until they actually see it to the end... I've been in this state for some years now and what I've notice is that ekiti people are never satisfy with things and covetous.... They want everything in state to be done by the government up to the very level of giving them daily meal... Stomach infrastructure.... I fear for the future of the state
Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by bamidell(m): 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
shift15:

How did he do that? Don't just spill thrash, tell us in specific term how he made the announcement for the suspension.
Its was announced on radio this afternoon and he even gave a speech when he hasn't become a governor yet.... So absurd... If you have a family in the state... You can always call and ask...
Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by Nichobabe(m): 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
bamidell:
Its unprecedented, outrageous and unconstitutional, the governor elect of ekiti state suspends the more than two weeks curfew without the knowledge, consent and authority of the incumbent governor, doc fayemi, ... I keep asking myself this rhetorical question.... Are we practising a democratic system of government or an autocratic democracy... If its a realistic political ideology ... Its actually a slap on the people of ekiti, a slap on the governor and on the integrity of Nigeria as a country....

Am not surprise, anything can happen in Nigeria. The man don start work before swearing-in? grin grin grin
Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by sademola: 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
Seriously, I don't believe this story!!!!!
Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
sademola:
Seriously, I don't believe this story!!!!!

There was confusion in Ado-Ekiti on Tuesday when the Governor-elect, Ayo Fayose, announced the lifting of the curfew imposed by the outgoing Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

The Governor-elect, who returned to Ekiti in the afternoon amid cheers and jubilation by his supporters, announced this while featuring on a live radio and television interview monitored on the Nigerian Television Authority in Ado-Ekiti.

Fayemi had on September 26, while declaring a dusk-to-dawn curfew in the state, said, “There would be no movement between the hours of 7pm and 7am. everyday till further notice.

“We urge the citizenry to be vigilant and provide the security agencies with details of suspicious activities that can undermine the peace in our state.”

The declaration followed widespread violence across the state capital after the murder of a former Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, Omolafe Aderiye, by unknown gunmen.

The office of Kayode Fayemi Campaign Organisation and three vehicles in the state secretariat of the All Progressives Congress were burnt the next day.

On September 22, political thugs had invaded the Ekiti State High Court presided over by Justice Olusegun Ogunyemi to disrupt proceedings in a case challenging the eligibility of the Governor-elect, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, to contest the June 21 election won by him.

The invasion took place shortly after the judge refused an application to set aside an order abridging the time for the Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate to file his defence in the case filed by two members of the Ekiti-11, a member, Mr. Adeniyi Ajakaiye and Olufemi Ajayi.

On September 25, another judge, Justice John Adeyeye, was beaten by some political thugs who also tore his suit into shreds.

Fayose said residents should ignore the subsisting curfew and go about their normal duty because it had brought untold hardship to the people.
He said, “It is unfortunate that people have been put on under needless pressure and I have discussed with police and the army on the need to let people move around freely.”
He promised to personally seek the release of anyone arrested by law enforcement agencies.

Fayose likened the alleged last minute efforts by the All Progressives Congress and the Ekiti-11 to stop his October 16 inauguration to the last kick of a dying horse.
Besides, he said the outgoing government would leave a debt profile of nearly N84bn for his administration.
http://www.punchng.com/news/fayose-arrives-in-ado-lifts-curfew-in-ekiti/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

cheesy cheesy cheesy jonathan is bent on destroying Nigeria in order actualize his ordinate ambition of ruling biafra

Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by asala1: 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
There was confusion in Ado-Ekiti on Tuesday when the Governor-elect, Ayo Fayose, announced the lifting of the curfew imposed by the outgoing Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

The Governor-elect, who returned to Ekiti in the afternoon amid cheers and jubilation by his supporters, announced this while featuring on a live radio and television interview monitored on the Nigerian Television Authority in Ado-Ekiti.

Fayemi had on September 26, while declaring a dusk-to-dawn curfew in the state, said, “There would be no movement between the hours of 7pm and 7am. everyday till further notice.

“We urge the citizenry to be vigilant and provide the security agencies with details of suspicious activities that can undermine the peace in our state.”

The declaration followed widespread violence across the state capital after the murder of a former Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, Omolafe Aderiye, by unknown gunmen.

The office of Kayode Fayemi Campaign Organisation and three vehicles in the state secretariat of the All Progressives Congress were burnt the next day.

On September 22, political thugs had invaded the Ekiti State High Court presided over by Justice Olusegun Ogunyemi to disrupt proceedings in a case challenging the eligibility of the Governor-elect, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, to contest the June 21 election won by him.

The invasion took place shortly after the judge refused an application to set aside an order abridging the time for the Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate to file his defence in the case filed by two members of the Ekiti-11, a member, Mr. Adeniyi Ajakaiye and Olufemi Ajayi.

On September 25, another judge, Justice John Adeyeye, was beaten by some political thugs who also tore his suit into shreds.

Fayose said residents should ignore the subsisting curfew and go about their normal duty because it had brought untold hardship to the people.
He said, “It is unfortunate that people have been put on under needless pressure and I have discussed with police and the army on the need to let people move around freely.”
He promised to personally seek the release of anyone arrested by law enforcement agencies.
Fayose likened the alleged last minute efforts by the All Progressives Congress and the Ekiti-11 to stop his October 16 inauguration to the last kick of a dying horse.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fayose-arrives-in-ado-lifts-curfew-in-ekiti/
Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

http://www.punchng.com/news/fayose-arrives-in-ado-lifts-curfew-in-ekiti/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

cheesy cheesy cheesy jonathan is bent on destroying Nigeria in order actualize his ordinate ambition of ruling biafra
Guy, you were making sense until at the end of it all, you showed that a monkey remains a monkey even if you take it to London.

Is Goodluck ruling biafra the next ringtone? No other fallacious sentiment to whip?

Drop something lemme help you.

You're not justifying your earnings at all.
Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by brown3: 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

u see this is the reason why the igbos here called u a yoruba bastard.
Re: Governor Elect, Peter Ayodele Fayose Suspends Curfew In Ekiti State by TUNFOL: 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Oga, chek histori. Its just repeating itself. What a man soeth, sureli shall he reap. On 15th Oct. 2010, the gov elect, Kayode Fayemi gave an order to freeze all the account of Ekiti State, even before his inauguration of 16th, Oct., 2010. So tell me what is unprecented here Oga.
bamidell:

(1) (Reply)

Attah To Jonathan: Expect Defection In Akwa Ibom PDP / Buhari Prays For Jonathan’s Impeachment •explains How He’ll Repay Loan Obtained / • Exposing The Fraud Called Buhari!!! - Mike Odeholonta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.