Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth (1779 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name / Still Bearing Your Maiden Name After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by tyconcepts(f): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2014
Would it really be wrong for a man to adopt his wife's maiden name just to make way in life given the current economic situation of the country amidst other "what ifs" plus we all know some names do opens doors.
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by reaky(m): 11:02am On Oct 15, 2014
Are you insane?

5 Likes

Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2014
rubbish. africa(especially Nigeria) is not Ireland nor Scotland. effeminate gold-digger. go and make a name for yourself and discard the lazy opportunistic mindset already

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by Bellasharonne(f): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2014
to me thats low sad ...

3 Likes

Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by tyconcepts(f): 11:09am On Oct 15, 2014
reaky:
Are you insane?

Am not....am being realistic. You would agree with me that some names opens doors, right?

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by reaky(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2014
tyconcepts:

Am not....am being realistic. You would agree with me that some names opens doors, right?
I dont believe.
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by Ladycloud(f): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2014
how pathetic

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by UjSizzle(f): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2014
Has that man lost every sense of pride? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by tmosco(m): 11:59am On Oct 15, 2014
A wise woman will run away from a man that will do dat.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by pickabeau1: 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
tyconcepts:
Would it really be wrong for a man to adopt his wife's maiden name just to make way in life given the current economic situation of the country amidst other "what ifs" plus we all know some names do opens doors.

Has this happened before... im not aware
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by Godmystrength: 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
so what will be their children's surname?
tyconcepts:
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by tyconcepts(f): 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
UjSizzle:
Has that man lost every sense of pride? undecided

Is there any pride in hanging on to your name when a name like "Dangote" will make CEOs give you attention?? Don't take the "your" in my post the wrong way.
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by tyconcepts(f): 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

Has this happened before... im not aware

Is a random thought but WHAT IF.
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by bukatyne(f): 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
The husband can decide to introduce himself as the wife of so and so or if the wife already uses his surname, the name will open doors e.g. Matthew Ekeinde will achieve stuffs his colleagues cannot because of his wife. Same with Dora's husband, NOI's hubby etc.
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by pickabeau1: 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
tyconcepts:

Is a random thought but WHAT IF.

ok...
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by afamgod(f): 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
That man is not a MAN- simple

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
Some are marrying for papers and becoming house husbands and you are still talking about whether its wrong or right grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Mondisweets:
Some are marrying for papers and becoming house husbands and you are still talking about whether its wrong or right grin
#wickid

lol...even at that, it's the women that usually change to their Hhusbands' name
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by princebergz(m): 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2014
A real man, not just any member of the homo sapien specie with male Instruments, in this part of the world certainly won't. reason one, ego. two, family and friends three just plain dumb!
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by tyconcepts(f): 5:40am On Nov 08, 2014
Mondisweets:

You see it from my point of view Mondisweets

Ego my ass....does pride pay bills??
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by Pavore9: 5:53am On Nov 08, 2014
Every man should work hard and smart to build his own name but today there are single guys who are hustling very hard to marry into an influencial family, for them it is sweeter to cruise along the BRT lane as against the other side of the road.
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2014
tyconcepts:

You see it from my point of view Mondisweets

Ego my ass....does pride pay bills??
cheesy grin madam this is NL oooo you wanted to be e-murdered here? Abeg this is a place where a woman cannot voice out her opnion without being called an evil feminist winsh but guys can happily trash women and the threads will even make it front page sef grin

Abeg for survival's sake just believe that ego can buy private jet sef grin grin grin you dont know money is only for the wicked?

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by Wendy80(f): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2014
He Shd go ahead and adopt his wife's name and remain a disgrace to his parents and his unborn children.
Re: Should A Man Adopt His Wife Maiden Name Bcoz Of Her Family's Influence & Wealth by tyconcepts(f): 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2014
Mondisweets:

cheesy grin madam this is NL oooo you wanted to be e-murdered here? Abeg this is a place where a woman cannot voice out her opnion without being called an evil feminist winsh but guys can happily trash women and the threads will even make it front page sef grin

Abeg for survival's sake just believe that ego can buy private jet sef grin grin grin you dont know money is only for the wicked?

Lolz....I better sheath my sword before I get trudded on aggressively by the ego branding species grin grin

(1) (Reply)

A Husband’s Painful Dilemma On Paternity, Infidelity / Life As A Single Mother! / What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.