Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel (1665 Views)

Does Anyone Know The Title Of This Novel? / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel by kelechiodo(m): 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
It starts with this sentence
"Ndi jere uka alotawara"

and has this in one of the pages

Chude, Chude, Chu
Re: Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel by missviva(f): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hahahahahaahah....can't stop laughing...lol...ngozi and chude...ukwa ruo oge ya
Re: Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel by kelechiodo(m): 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
missviva:
Hahahahahaahah....can't stop laughing...lol...ngozi and chude...ukwa ruo oge ya

Thats the most romantic igbo novel. Dont you think so
Re: Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel by missviva(f): 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
So very romantic jare...read it over and over again
Re: Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel by malaria(f): 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
I remember akara Mazi onwuka, and how chude and ngozi used the poor man to deliver letters to each oda
Re: Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel by kelechiodo(m): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
malaria:
I remember akara Mazi onwuka, and how chude and ngozi used the poor man to deliver letters to each oda
The poor man was busy being an errand boy for Chude and Ngozi when he infact opposed the relationship. I must confess that the novel set my young mind in romantic flame during my primary school days. I was infact dreaming of my own Ngozi then.
Re: Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel by kelechiodo(m): 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2014
missviva:
So very romantic jare...read it over and over again

Same to me. I read it like a million times. Every sentence is so familiar with my environment. As an adolscent, i totally recognised the scene.
What of the sentence that goes like this " Anwu na acha obochi uka dika o na adi iche".
It was so true then. Coming back from church as an adolescent, I always feel that Sunday is so special in all ramification.
The other sentence, "Chude nuru isi osikapa nne ya mara na ubochi uka a ama adi iche ka ubochi uka ozo". So true then as mum only cook rice on Sundays those days. How it reminds me of my adolescent days.
What about the fight between Chude and the guy that beat up Ngozi that starts from "buru uzo metu mu aka". During those days, no matter how angry you are with your opponent, you always look for a justification for the fight by asking the other guy to touch you first, so that you can always claim that he started the fight. I can go on and on. The novel is just classic
Re: Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel by missviva(f): 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hahahaha.....guy ‎​you read the novel scatter!
Re: Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel by spicyuzo(m): 12:25am On Oct 17, 2014
Brings back Nice memories....
Can't completely visualize tha story, cos i read a few more captivating books...
One of my all time favourites was 'Erem Okamgba'....
Then "Nka di na nti" ....
Can't really recall others....

I used to read out soo loud, neigbouring classes enjoyed the tales from my class....

Good old days

(1) (Reply)

I Hate Miracles: A Short Story / I Am A Nigerian / Nigerian Experienced Scriptwriters, Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.