Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Health Benefits Of Vodka. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Benefits Of Vodka. (15366 Views)

Negative Effects Of Vodka / 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Beer / Teenage Girls Are Now Inserting Tampons Soaked With Vodka Into Themselves, To Ge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Benefits Of Vodka. by rodeo0070(m): 6:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Vodka is an alcoholic beverage produced from the process of fermentation of starchy foods like wheat, rice, potatoes and sugar. Vodka first originated in Poland and is now produced and consumed worldwide. Vodka is mostly consumed neat. Various cocktails are also prepared using it. To reap its health benefits, vodka should be consumed in moderate quantity(30ml). Traditionally, vodka has been used as a medicine. So let’s have a look at the nutritional and health benefits of vodka.

Nutritional Benefits of Vodka

Vodka provides around 230 calories for 100 gram of its consumption. It contains absolutely no carbohydrates or fat. The energy is provided by its alcohol content.

Vodka for Heart

Vodka assists in developing collateral vessels, which aid in efficient blood circulation. More collateral vessels signify more pathways for oxygen. They also help in reducing the risk of hardening of artery walls.

Vodka for Hair

Vodka can be beneficial for hair. It helps in reducing frizz. It is acidic in nature and aids in neutralizing the effect of shampoos, which are alkaline. It aids in making hair soft and lustrous. Vodka with hair oil can become a nice alternative conditioner and can help in combating dry scalp.

Vodka for Dental Care

Gum pain or toothache can be relieved by using vodka as a mouthwash. It is a natural disinfectant and can help ward off harmful germs. It can even be used along with clove or cinnamon to remove bad odour.

Vodka for Skin Care

Vodka acts as an astringent i.e. it helps in shrinking the body tissues. It can be applied to skin to tighten skin pores and make it look fresh and radiant. It also has antiseptic properties and thus can be applied to cuts and wounds.

Vodka reduces Stress

Low amount of vodka can aid in relaxation. It is found to be helpful in reducing high blood pressure. Vodka is known to substantially reduce stress, perhaps the most effective alcoholic drink in this regard. When consumed in decent quantities, it impressively helps in relaxing the mind.

Induces Sleep

Vodka's characteristic to induce sleep is adequately proven by scientific research. It effectively acts as a sleep inducer when consumed in decent quantities and is a good assistant in tackling insomnia or sleeplessness.

Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Vodka

Vodka has anti-inflammatory properties and can help against arthritis and osteoporosis.

Vodka for Digestion

Moderate consumption of vodka may aid in treating irritable bowel movement.

Disinfectant, Antitoxin and Antiseptic

Yes, vodka is all three in one. If acts as a wonderful disinfectant, an excellent antitoxin and an impressive antiseptic.

High Fever

You should know this startling fact. If vodka is applied on patients' legs, chest and forehead, it works to reduce body temperature in the case of high fever. And this advantage of vodka is proven.

Herbal Medicines

Last but not the least, here is another amazing health benefit of vodka. Vodka is used in medicine tinctures. Roots and leaves are soaked in vodka for long periods. This allows leaves and roots of the medicinal plants in consideration to absorb essential oils and consequently, help in curing several other illnesses.

Culled From:
http://www.boldsky.com/health/wellness/2014/amazing-health-benefits-of-vodka-041384.html#slide43270

http://www.mensxp.com/health/live-healthy/8880-health-benefits-of-vodka.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Justeenaleo(f): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
I love vodka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Funjosh(m): 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
Should I come and get some from you

Justeenaleo:
I love vodka
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Obinoscopy(m): 11:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
Justeenaleo:
I love vodka
Really? So you love kai kai? cheesy
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 16, 2014
Wow thanks op, I'd never have guessed about the hair, will definitely buy a bottle and try that this weekend.
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Benbisco(f): 1:17am On Oct 16, 2014
All lies.
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 16, 2014
Vodka induces vomit too since 1900.

3 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 16, 2014
Vodka is cool.
What I don't like is that it is no different from Alomo such that you will always be lazy and sleepy after drinking them.

There is actually a saying (I think in England) that: Any disease (or ailment) that vodka cannot cure is not curable.
It is a saying amongst wine lovers.
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:19am On Oct 16, 2014
hmmm ... enjoyment for few hours ... and the rest is history angry
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by emekaanijah(m): 1:20am On Oct 16, 2014
my fav drink... grin grin smiley cheesy
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Nobody: 1:21am On Oct 16, 2014
Tomorrow's headline:
"1,000 nairalanders become alcoholics."

3 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by pryncemautin: 1:22am On Oct 16, 2014
I'm reserving this space for the counter thread "side effects of vodka"
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 16, 2014
Even if vodka's are recommended for success,I will never take alcohol in my life

3 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 16, 2014
ok
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by iluvweed(m): 1:23am On Oct 16, 2014
cool

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by aguizm(m): 1:24am On Oct 16, 2014
This op should pay for indirectly advertising vodka on front page instead of the normal space provided for it.On a lighter note front page tinz seems staying awake pays at times.Una no go wish me happy NYSC pop ?

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:25am On Oct 16, 2014
In few years time from now, it will be "Health hazards of Vodka"
undecided

Oyinbo Research: confusing everyone since 1661

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by greggng: 1:26am On Oct 16, 2014
Vodka worst than cocain. Someone took a glass of it and he found himself at yaba left. He is still there but his people wan try tb joshua by next month

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 16, 2014
So all these benefits for vodka, yet people cower at the mention of marijuana.

The propaganda!

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by aywhy93(m): 1:27am On Oct 16, 2014
[size=14pt]So, VODKA too has health benefits. Hmmmnnn... Every unexpected things now becoming useful grin What of STAR

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another new version of Android, which is Android 5.0 (a.k.a) Android L is now revealed to be Android Lollipop. Its New Giant statue is now in Google's Headquarter in California, USA. Details and Pics here !!!

http://www.stevenbergy.com.ng/2014/10/new-android-50-lollipop-statue-now-in.html
[/size]
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by LMAyedun(m): 1:29am On Oct 16, 2014
Informative
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 1:31am On Oct 16, 2014
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by ctyson90(f): 1:32am On Oct 16, 2014
Now lets talk about the detriment
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by babaowo: 1:33am On Oct 16, 2014
Have been taking this since 1877.....

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Shedysworld(m): 1:34am On Oct 16, 2014
That's nice.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 16, 2014
babaowo:
Have been taking this since 1877.....

What the fck is in that bottle?

Looks Naasty!
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by spiceybrain(m): 1:35am On Oct 16, 2014
But I heard it causes kidney problem? Or is shekpe that causes kidney problem? Is it better than alomo and orijin! If you take alomo and orijin meet your wife, men una must born obasanjo.
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by GovWahala: 1:35am On Oct 16, 2014
Unto shayo levels.
I thought Nairalanders don't sleep, grin see as front page scarce
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by skubido(m): 1:36am On Oct 16, 2014
hmmm
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by CzarChris(m): 1:37am On Oct 16, 2014
OP, Vodka kwa? haa. Ok, try taking AK47 vodka then tell me the result the next morning. I used to pride myself in my inability to get shut down by any alcoholic drink no matter the quantity, until I took that dreaded AK47. To cut the long story short, I quit alcohol for a year and some months when I recovered from the effects of that drink.
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by chelseabmw(m): 1:42am On Oct 16, 2014
smiley
Re: Health Benefits Of Vodka. by MissyDivah(f): 1:42am On Oct 16, 2014
Ciroc is my favorite vodka tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 / Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent / Nigerian Weightloss Herbs For Breast Feeding Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.