Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent (15379 Views)

Mentally Ill Patients Released From A Psychiatric Hospital In Calabar / Mentally-Challenged Patient Escapes From Psychiatric Hospital In Lagos (Photo) / Russia Built ₦42Billion Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In One Month(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by Pussycokie45: 11:21am On Dec 21, 2023
Federal Neuro-psychiatric Hospital, Yaba has recorded 100 per cent increase in the number of psychiatric patients admitted in the hospital in 2023.

The Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr Olugbenga Owoeye, made this known
at the Annual Score Card presentation tagged: “A Day With the Medical Director” organised by the hospital, yesterday, in Lagos.

Owoeye said the total number of new cases increased by seven per cent, while there was three per cent increase in the number of follow-up patients male and female.

According to him, the increase in the admission cases can be attributed to the rising cases of mental health conditions in the country due to the current economic challenges accompanied by other socio-economic factors.

He said: “It can be deduced that in 2023, the total number of all patients’ attendance increased by three per cent. There was a seven per cent increase in new cases attended, compared to no increase in 2022.

“We also have 100 per cent increase in admission cases in which the drug abuse cases is 10 per cent increase and discharge cases is reduced by 10 per cent.”

On the achievements recorded by the hospital within the period under review, Owoeye listed completion of the administrative building, Yaba, rehabilitation of internal roads and drainages in Yaba and Oshodi annex of the hospital.

He said others included rehabilitation of hospital wards, Yaba and Oshodi annex, ongoing construction work on the Tele-Psychiatric Centre in the hospital, upgrading of the physiotherapy department and ongoing construction work on the out-patient clinic in the hospital, among others.

https://guardian.ng/news/yaba-psychiatric-hospital-records-100-admission-spike-says-cmd/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by RisenJoe(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
Bad governance is making people to run mad, who wouldn't run mad after going through 8yrs of Buhari misrule and about to enter Bulaba own.

God help us

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by EKONGKING: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2023
simpleseyi:
It would have been more. Thousands are still roaming the streets with their flat heads

grin grin

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by 1TrippleCee: 11:40am On Dec 21, 2023
RisenJoe:
Bad governance is making people to run mad, who wouldn't run mad after going through 8yrs of Buhari misrule and about to enter Bulaba own.

God help us

grin

4 Likes

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by nairalanda1(m): 11:47am On Dec 21, 2023
JAOS:

so which tribe is associated with flat head?

Seriously, you guys should stop hating people. Look beyond your village, old man. The world is wider and more wonderful than you think.

158 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by Lovemeharder(f): 11:55am On Dec 21, 2023
The pressure is getting wesser. May God help us.

5 Likes

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by Teejaney88(m): 12:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
simpleseyi:
It would have been more. Thousands are still roaming the streets with their flat heads
Nairaland was down for days because of people like You...😕

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by riko1010: 2:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
The increase in psychiatric cases is suspected to be artificial in Nigeria. I'll conduct further research in the future to ascertain this suspicion and petition the relevant persons.

The story below is proof of the faulty nature of suspicion, evaluation and declaration of insanity in Nigeria.

On December 11, 2023, I noticed the wall behind Justice C.I Dafe had significant cracks.

I recalled a recent incident reported about Ekiti State Chief Judge, Justice Oyewole Adeyeye, escaping death, when a section of the state high court complex collapsed on him while in the office as reported by Punch.
https://punchng.com/wall-collapse-ekiti-cj-escapes-death-lands-in-hospital/?amp

I informed my Lawyer Barr.Emenike to inform the Judge of the risk of the wall collapsing. I also informed the Registrar, Mr.Samuel, Umunede High Court, to inform Justice C.I. Dafe, and relevant persons of the need for renovation to avoid an incident like the Ekiti State Court collapse. I offered to finance if they’re receptive.

The previous court date I protested her refusal to act on my complaints to her and the state counsel that criminals were still attacking my premises while I’m being tried for being attacked in a similar incident.

The state counsel Barr.F.O Isichie, was kind to state he’d look into the matter but Justice C.I Dafe, acted as if a complaint of that gravity does not concern her.
I protested her negligence by refusing to leave the dock.

During the December 11, 2023, hearing, she asked if my lawyer and the state counsel were ready to proceed. My lawyer asked for time to review the case file and that he had approached the accusers to withdraw the complaint. I furnished my lawyer evidence proving the person claimed to be dead texted me that he was sick and that police falsified the claim of accidental discharge. The state counsel did not call his witness forward.

Justice C.I Dafe, after neglecting my previous complaints stated that she finds my character at court deserving of a psychiatric evaluation, quoting the ACJA, and stating that in the absence of both lawyers presenting a case she wishes to question my character. I suspect she may be referring to my protest on October 30, 2023, as that was the only time I refused to leave the dock after she neglected my complaints. If she finds me being attacked worthy of psychiatric evaluation, I’d have to question all her previous Judgements involving psychiatric evaluations and her understanding of a victim compared to a mentally ill person.

The only activity I carried out at court on December 11, 2023, was asking a warder to inform the Registrars to provide her water because she coughed indicating choking while reading the Judgement that Discharged and Acquitted a gentleman named Chair-Na-Chair. The warder told me that during the Judgement readout, no one takes any action. I convinced the warder that if she chokes and dies, the Judgement would be terminated. The warder agreed and informed another warder to inform the Registrars to attend to the Judge so she would not choke. I also encouraged he gesture to the Registrars, the need for Justice C.I Dafe to be provided water. He kindly did. I thanked him for being kind admist his concern that the court demands calm during the Judgement readout.

I do not see this as an exhibition of contempt or wrongdoing so I’m confident that she was referring to my October 30, 2023, protest when she continually neglected my complaints that I’m being attacked while being tried. I’m yet to read the casefile or minutes of recent court sessions.

I asked she evaluate the Police officers who falsified a statement. I do not have a problem with evaluations but my complaint that I’m being attacked while being tried is not an exhibition of mental illness or contempt of court.

I know the Agbor Prison Psychiatrist. I may argue against all certificates he has issued given the wrong methodology of issuing a certificate of mental illness without actual psychiatric review (lawyers usually request it possibly to ease acquisition of bail, closure or resolution of the cases they’re handling), but I provided him my arguments proving I’m the victim when I met him “on his inquiry about why I was detained” to approve me receiving treatment for being attacked by gunmen before being arrested in similar attacks.

We became friends and I send him gifts. Dr.Elliot may not like my insistent character which he stated when I insisted that my lawyer be party to our discussion on me receiving medical care outside the prison for gunmen attacking me in a similar incident for which I’m wrongly being tried but he knows I’m OKAY. I refused to continue the discussion without my lawyer when I met Dr.Elliot.

The same lawyer who did wrong by collecting 350k naira for Dr.Elliot’s review and approval, and later claiming he wishes to spend just 25k naira was reported to Dr.Elliot in subsequent engagements with him during his visits to the Agbor Prison Warden. The lawyer is related to persons accusing me and wrongly brought by my supposed father Michael to help his intent of falsely accusing me for murder.

Dr.Elliot is the prison doctor but he’s also a psychiatrist.

https://notamurder.com/umunede-courts-fragile-infrastructure-and-my-notice-to-justice-c-i-dafe-through-toplaw-samuel-registrar/
Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by dre11(m): 4:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
Yaba psychiatric hospital records 100% admission spike, says CMD

https://guardian.ng/news/yaba-psychiatric-hospital-records-100-admission-spike-says-cmd/

Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by oxygenator: 6:14pm On Dec 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

You know that this site got taken off because of an abuse report.

You also know that being bigoted against a tribe is wrong.

Better reform. You are not a child

Next time do not attempt to take it down

People were already searching for alternative site.

No one can kill social media.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2023
shocked
Majority will be the youths that indulges in too much hard drugs.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by Skillsnigeria: 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by Mitsurugi(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2023
oxygenator:

Next time do not attempt to take it down

People were already searching for alternative site.

No one can kill social media.

Don't be silly. You want another man's business ruined so you can continue with your childish foolishness. Do you know how much Seun lost? But it does not concern you. Lazy men don't bother about these little details. Guy don't be silly!

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by zoeymikey(f): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2023
Where all of them dey mad dey go

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by callmevirus(m): 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

Before February dem go reach 250 na time
Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by ClearFlair: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
grin grin grin

The evidence is here on NL. Even on this thread. Just check some comments above

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by GanagiBitrus: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Further proof that most "mad people" on the streets are not really mad, but just suffering from extreme frustrations of the hardship in the land.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

You know that this site got taken off because of an abuse report.

You also know that being bigoted against a tribe is wrong.

Better reform. You are not a child

Did he mention the name of any tribe?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by Menclothing: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Depression and drugs say no to them
Drink water eat well
Wear good cloth and be happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by ruggedboych: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Their drug lord is in power, what do you expect they drink, smoke and sniff hard substances on empty stomach

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by deji17: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
The Obidients are checking in.. grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by demolagilbert: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Lol

Check my profile and click my signature if you're in the market for a problem-free 2008 Honda CRV!
Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by unclemaths(m): 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
Many are MAD but few are ROAMING!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by verifywithme(f): 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
Nothing is impossible for skull miners

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by Mitsurugi(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Did he mention the name of any tribe?

You are smart by less than a quarter

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by Raphael81(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
APC has destroyed the mental health of many Nigerians, there are some people you see on the street who look normal but they have been damaged by the evil APC regime. Many people have committed suicide as a result of the hardship and disruption of their mental health by the evil policies of the APC regime. Christmas is a time of sharing love, show your neighbours love and may God help us to pass through this strange times in Nigeria. THIS TOO SHALL PASS AWAY.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by reiddecuti: 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
Lagos is really working...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent by Wuless82(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2023

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Weightloss Herbs For Breast Feeding Mothers / Health Benefits Of Vodka. / Pictures From The Fire At LUTH Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.