Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones (4044 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? / Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
Tecno has gained market in Nigeria & other countries due to its affordable products cost & exceptional functions/applications.

Recently, people that used tecno phone for just few months complain of its memory problem "memory full". No matter the size of external memory card installed or how free the internal memory tends to be, even if you root the tecno phone.

Which other cheap android phone can one go in for?
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by fabolakers(m): 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
It's simple. Don't go for cheap phones. Androids might be cheap but expensive to maintain.

Blackberry Z3 is ₦ 38,000 and GLO bis is ₦ 1000 for 3GB. That's the best for me plus you can install android apps in it too.

6 Likes

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by seunwen2(m): 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2014
how that one take add money for my pocket

#emi_jijo_shoki_ojare
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by bundur(m): 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
I hope dat wil #bringbackourgirls

1 Like

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by barackodam: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2014
How will that stop me from using gionee p4??

1 Like

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Buchukwu: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2014
@OP who told you Tecno has fallen? Olodo
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Ayomi088(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
Noted
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Navyguy(m): 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
tecno don fall for ground ooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

.. but how is this my business?

1 Like

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Marvell23(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
mandozhero:
Tecno has gained market in Nigeria & other countries due to its affordable products cost & exceptional functions/applications.

Recently, people that used tecno phone for just few months complain of its memory problem "memory full". No matter the size of external memory card installed or how free the internal memory tends to be, even if you root the tecno phone.

Op is like you are a baby when it comes to Android . Android phones are partitioned but while some people complain of memory full is that some Tecno phones only allow 1gb of apps space but not anymore. recent TECNO releases boast of at least 4gb of apps space. If you check TECNO f6 is having 15gb of apps space. Even Samsung doesn't give you that kind of memory allowance for apps. Tecno phones still sell more in Africa than innjoo, Infinix, gionee and other Chinese brands combined

4 Likes

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Odumani: 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
One interesting aspect of the mobile market is the rapid trend customers change their tastes. This is mostly triggered by new development in products. This determine customers purchasing behaviour. Most buyers may not necessarily need a mobile device as strong as Nokia 3310 but a device that can be able to do many things at a time at the cheapest cost. Of late, TECNO products are becoming costly, I believe somehow, they tend to forget that the age bracket that uses androids mobile devices the most are between 17 to 35 years of age. A large percentage of this age bracket do not have regular income owing to unavailability of jobs. This trend has no change yet, however, TECNO went ahead to produce mobile devices that are expensive like the way SAMSUNG, HTC, LG, etc are doing. This certainly will result into poor patronage hence a downfall. Take for instance a mobile phone user of the above mentioned age bracket to choose between TECNO Z and Innjoo i2s most may tend to choose Innjoo i2s, the latter choice is not because Innjoo devices are better, but because there is limited fund so they will choose the cheaper one and use the balance for something else. Is this the downfall of TECNO? Well maybe!!

7 Likes

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Mention(m): 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
M yet to understand the essence of dz post!
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
Marvell23:
Op is like you are a baby when it comes to Android . Android phones are partitioned but while some people complain of memory full is that some Tecno phones only allow 1gb of apps space but not anymore. recent TECNO releases boast of at least 4gb of apps space. If you check TECNO f6 is having 15gb of apps space. Even Samsung doesn't give you that kind of memory allowance for apps. Tecno phones still sell more in Africa than innjoo, Infinix, gionee and other Chinese brands combined
and to add to it, you can't download all the applications you see on google play stores or third party app.
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
Odumani:
One interesting aspect of the mobile market is the rapid trend customers change their tastes. This is mostly triggered by new development in products. This determine customers purchasing behaviour. Most buyers may not necessarily need a mobile device as strong as Nokia 3310 but a device that can be able to do many things at a time at the cheapest cost. Of late, TECNO products are becoming costly, I believe somehow, they tend to forget that the age bracket that uses androids mobile devices the most are between 17 to 35 years of age. A large percentage of this age bracket do not have regular income owing to unavailability of jobs. This trend has no change yet, however, TECNO went ahead to produce mobile devices that are expensive like the way SAMSUNG, HTC, LG, etc are doing. This certainly will result into poor patronage hence a downfall. Take for instance a mobile phone user of the above mentioned age bracket to choose between TECNO Z and Innjoo i2s most may tend to choose Innjoo i2s, the latter choice is not because Innjoo devices are better, but because there is limited fund so they will choose the cheaper one and use the balance for something else. Is this the downfall of TECNO? Well maybe!!
wow you're 100% correct. Are u An Economist??

2 Likes

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by chumakk: 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
my tecno phone is useless. i have almost repaired everything on that phone from screen to the changing port. the phone was on warrant and i still paid for this repairs. I gave up on them when they said i have to 7500 for the mother board. I will tell you not to buy their phones for long term purpose.

1 Like

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by kay29000(m): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
fabolakers:
It's simple. Don't go for cheap phones. Androids might be cheap but expensive to maintain.

Blackberry Z3 is ₦ 38,000 and GLO bis is ₦ 1000 for 3GB. That's the best for me plus you can install android apps in it too.

Thanks for this comment. I have been eyeing the Z3 for a couple of months now...you just gave me a reason to actually get it. Thanks again.
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by johnstar(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
#NOTED....

#TeamSAMSUNG#S5
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by mikron(m): 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
That explains why I get this you re running out of space whenever I want to download apps on Google play store even when I have 16gb card installed.
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by tutaboi(m): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2014
Marvell23:

You sounds like die hard tecno fans....#nooffence#
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 16, 2014
chumakk:
my tecno phone is useless. i have almost repaired everything on that phone from screen to the changing port. the phone was on warrant and i still paid for this repairs. I gave up on them when they said i have to 7500 for the mother board. I will tell you not to buy their phones for long term purpose.
probably you didn't handle it well. my tecno L3 is a year plus and has only visited phone repairer for software issues.. most of the tecno I know are good products
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
mandozhero:

at op, tecno hasn't fallen and as a matter of fact this your marketing gimmick is illegal under marketing law. you don't compare your product to another to persuade your customers instead try and make them believe that you got a better offer.for example innjoo phones comes O T A And the latest android 4.4
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
mandozhero:

at op, tecno hasn't fallen and as a matter of fact this your marketing gimmick is illegal under marketing law. you don't compare your product to another to persuade your customers instead try and make them believe that you got a better offer.for example innjoo phones comes O T A And the latest android 4.4
a good marketer go as far giving bonuses to lure her potential customers to buy his /her product
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by chumakk: 11:30am On Oct 17, 2014
asuustrike1:

probably you didn't handle it well. my tecno L3 is a year plus and has only visited phone repairer for software issues.. most of the tecno I know are good products
you are lucky. That's why i said if you are long term user. Go to their ikeja repair centre and you will see many people.
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Bosun13: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
BB10 is the best OS in d market nowadays d guy is sayin d truth unless u v nt handle any bb10 b4 im talkin of z10,q5,q10,z3 and z30 even bb passport on d way. Instead for me to buy any china android at 50k i ll rada buy canadian bb10 product
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by salmaz(m): 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
I think Tecno is waking up from their slumber especially with the rivalry the Infinix zero x506 brought to the Nigerian market. Before now they have only Tecno PhantomZ running the Android 4.4.2 kitkat but expensive. When Infinix zero x506 came out and they saw the rush they realise there is rivalry.
In quick succession they release Tecno F6 with 16GB ROM similar to infinix zero and the newest Tecno H3 both running the Android 4.4.2 kitkat and having the latest mediatek technology for data transfer(HOTKNOT) which allows you to transfer data when the phones screen touch eachother. As the competition grows we hope to see more affordable phones with better specs.

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by texazzpete(m): 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
fabolakers:

Why would anyone buy a Blackberry Z3, and for that amount?

kay29000:

Thanks for this comment. I have been eyeing the Z3 for a couple of months now...you just gave me a reason to actually get it. Thanks again.

Go and buy a Motorola Moto G. FAR better value than the Z3, and most likely cheaper. Plus, you get Android 5.0.
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by kay29000(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
texazzpete:

Why would anyone buy a Blackberry Z3, and for that amount?

Go and buy a Motorola Moto G. FAR better value than the Z3, and most likely cheaper. Plus, you get Android 5.0.

Thanks but no thanks. I am tired of android phones and d crazy cost of data.

1 Like

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Hexzyz(m): 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
I have moved on from Tecno, after using two of their products. Will never patronize them again.

2 Likes

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by texazzpete(m): 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
kay29000:

Thanks but no thanks. I am tired of android phones and d crazy cost of data.

So you'd pick an inferior experience and a subpar ecosystem just to save maybe N500 or N1000 a month? Or maybe nothing at all since most BB10 plans in Nigeria work on Android and carriers like Air tel are already offering discounted Android bundles?

Well, it's your money to waste
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by BAYKEM(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
fabolakers:

"ANDROID IS DIFFICULT TO MAINTAIN" IS NOW A FALLACY with the introduction of cheap mtn data subscription.
CHEAPEST MTN DATA SO FAR
250MB = #300
500MB = #500
750MB = #750
1GB = #1000
2GB = #1950
3GB = #2800
4GB = #3,700
5GB = #4500

A MONTH VALIDITY

WORKS ON EVERY DEVICE; MODEM, ANDROID, BB, LUMIA, IPHONE, TABLETS, ETC
DELIVERY IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES

WHATSAPP 08071542350, BBM: 7FDA012B OR CALL 08169228589

THIS IS LEGIT, YOU CAN JUST GIVE IT A TRIAL AND YOU WILL BE HIGHLY CONVINCED

FOR MORE, CLICK ON

https://www.nairaland.com/1951566/cheapest-mtn-data-subscription
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by kay29000(m): 6:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
texazzpete:

So you'd pick an inferior experience and a subpar ecosystem just to save maybe N500 or N1000 a month? Or maybe nothing at all since most BB10 plans in Nigeria work on Android and carriers like Air tel are already offering discounted Android bundles?

I have to look into the bolded. But really, not everyone needs a JAMES BOND phone. I just need a fast enough phone that can open every page I want when I want...a phone I can read ebooks on, chat on, watch movies on, listen to music on, a phone with good battery life (Z3 has 2500 mAH battery life), and receive calls on. That simple. I don't need any super gadgets. And GLO N1,000 BIS plan which gives 3 gig makes more sense than subscribing for Airtel N2,000 for 2 gig that finishes in a week, or four days sometimes. I subscribe for airtel Android 2 gig 5 times a month...that's N10,000 a month. It is not really about the money as much as it is about what i am comfortable with.
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
texazzpete:

Where can one get Moto x or nexus 6 in Nigeria? Motorola doesn't,have any sales outlet,outside of the robbers on jumia and konga
Re: The Rise & Fall Of Tecno Phones by oyekanmi001(m): 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
oyb:

Where can one get Moto x or nexus 6 in Nigeria? Motorola doesn't,have any sales outlet,outside of the robbers on jumia and konga
boost your android phone speed by checking this tech site www.igoknow.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Nw Stylishly Offers 2gb @ #500 Weekly / What's This Thing That Appeared On My Phone? / Which Type Of Andriod Tablets I Can Buy At #10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.