Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:43 PM

Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World (1026 Views)

Pics: Meet 61yrs Old Young Woman Who Sleeps With Young Guys To Stay Cute! / Is She The Most Beautiful Black Young Woman In Nigeria? ( Photos ) / Madonna-strips-to-support-malala. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World by 4much: 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
Malala won the Nobel Peace Prize, the highest honour, in the world! She is the youngest, ever recipient of this award, and joins the likes of Nelson Mandela, Bishop Tutu, Dr Martin Luther King Jnr. This is a truly remarkable young lady whom, I have had the privilege to meet and know.

What Malala has shown us, is that you are never too young, to stand up for, and fight for what is right. Malala, first came to public prominence when only a little girl, she spoke out against the Taliban's campaign to stop girls going to school, in her village. For this the Taliban, sent an assassination squad, to find and kill her. She was on a school bus, with other young girls, when they burst in with guns, and asked "which one is Malala?", knowing that it could lead to certain death, but also wanting to protect the other girls, she said, "I am Malala". And with that they shot her, in the head.

Miraculously, she survived, and after months, of surgery, she recovered. And set up her own foundation, to fight for the rights of girls, globally to go to school. She is now only seventeen!

Whilst we all join hands, in congratulating Malala, for this remarkable recognition, it is also an opportunity to reflect for a moment, and ask ourselves, "what am I doing, to help?". There is always something you can do, in your community to help a child who is not in school, go to school, or get an education. Don't just say, when I have money, I will do something. Its not about money; its not about your age; its not about your gender; there is something, each one of us, can do.... Starting today.

Congratulations Malala,
"You are our champion"!
Re: Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World by Elcapo(m): 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
She's the youngest
How come her age no dey dia
Re: Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World by 4much: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
Elcapo:
She's the youngest
How come her age no dey dia

She is 17years Old

1 Like

Re: Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World by Mprex(f): 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
17 yrs and she has a foundation

Plausible
Re: Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World by Superstar007(m): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2014
Mprex:
17 yrs and she has a foundation

Plausible

While most 17yr olds are already pros at applying foundation angry
Re: Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World by Mprex(f): 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
Superstar007:

While most 17yr olds are already pros at applying foundation angry
lol. That pun is wonderful!

1 Like

Re: Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World by Superstar007(m): 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2014
Mprex:

lol. That pun is wonderful!

cheesy
Re: Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World by Elcapo(m): 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2014
4much:

She is 17years Old
Amazing
Re: Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World by Peterwizzy: 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
wow! awesome!

(1) (Reply)

Lady Representing Nigeria At The Miss Globe International Pagent(photos) / I Never Charge One Kobo For Collabo-ice Prince / Court Stops Distribution Of Cynthia Morgan’s Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.