Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen (6932 Views)

Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant / Fuel Queues Worsen Across The Country - PUNCH / US Stations Marines In Ghana In Fear Of Post Election Crisis - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Awalla: 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
Domestic and commercial power consumers will now suffer 24 hours without power every other day.

Per a previous load shedding timetable, consumers were experiencing 12 hours without power during peak periods in the night and 14 hours during the daytime.

That schedule was drawn with a supply deficit of 400 megawatts.

However, a recent loss of an additional 140 megawatts has compelled the power Distributor to revise the schedule.

It is not clear how long the new load shedding management programme will last before consumers start enjoying frequent power supply
http://starrfmonline.com/1.1870425
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Icon4s(m): 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
Charlie, time to pack my bag and retan to Nigeria where I was shinning shoes cry

7 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
Na so we dey see am oh,I dey reason to buy one small gen kack sef

2 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nigerian government simply retaliated her citizens evicted from the country on business grounds. . Ghana has not seen anything yet, even touch lights will stop working country wide.. they will not see moon

12 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by focus7: 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nooo, how come. Ghana is yet to export light to Nigeria and they are already in darkness, that is impossible.

7 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by brownlord: 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
I thought the loud mouth president of theirs wanted to export electricity Nigeria?

I noticed, petrodollar, Ghanakwame, Olodo Oxygen, Santa Maria hv bn absent for some days, prolly they got no light to charge their curve4. Can imagine what the poor country is going through, the power problem will just usain bolt their crumbling economy, I predict a very rich Nigerian will buy Ghana by 2020.

21 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by echobee(f): 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
brownlord:
I thought the loud mouth president of theirs wanted to export electricity Nigeria?
I noticed, petrodollar, Ghanakwame, Olodo Oxygen, Santa Maria hv bn absent for some days, prolly they got no light to charge their curve4. Can imagine what the poor country is going through, the power problem will just usain bolt their crumbling economy, I predict a very rich Nigerian will buy Ghana by 2020.
Where is dat oxygen? D guy mouth too dey leak.guess no light to charge his phone. Dem just start.

8 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by brownlord: 7:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
echobee:

Where is dat oxygen? D guy mouth too dey leak.guess no light to charge his phone. Dem just start.

They must be looking for way to buy generator now, I think it's time I start exporting generator to Ghana, I don't see Nigeria supplying the poor country gas anymore, who knows maybe they are indebted and unable to pay for the gas supplied, hence reason Nigeria govt. decide to cut off the supply. They are closing embassy, now cholera is killing and economy is crumbling.

RIP Ghana

4 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Godswillu(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
The worst part is that their barber no get generator, Once light go off na blade and comb them go us.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by echobee(f): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2014
brownlord:

They must be looking for way to buy generator now, I think it's time I start importing generator to Ghana, I don't see Nigeria supplying the poor country gas anymore, who know maybe they are indebted and unable to pay for the gas supplied, hence reason Nigeria govt. cut the supply. They are closing embassy, now cholera is killing and economy is crumbling.

RIP Ghana
true talk. Gbam

1 Like

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by ratiken(m): 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
Africa please think and use your head. Africa is under attack...... look at the big picture. Every country with a potential is struggling with a major issue.

I smell the hand of the West in all these.
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by brownlord: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
ratiken:
Africa please think and use your head. Africa is under attack...... look at the big picture. Every country with a potential is struggling with a major issue.

I smell the hand of the West in all these.

Nonsense, keep smelling, the west stopped them from looking inward and producing locally instead import everything right?

3 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by ratiken(m): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
brownlord:

Nonsense, keep smelling, the west stopped them from looking inward and producing locally instead import everything right?

Not all countries stand up to western pressure especially when they are very dependent. Yes.... they were arm twisted into American and European imports.
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by mickyarams: 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
And the yeye people want to supply Nigeria with electricity.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by philantoxx(m): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2014
so Ghana will soon b sold.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by SEYIKP(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ghana must comeback. Not ghana must go, because all these abooki no fit shine my shoe wella. And i have miss their puff-puff.
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Pain(m): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
brownlord:

I like this guy grin
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by buzzmania(m): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
So you miserable bokodogs cant live your hopeless lifes without Ghana.No wonder your sh!tty zoo is so fvckedup.
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
focus7:
Nooo, how come. Ghana is yet to export light to Nigeria and they are already in darkness, that is impossible.

LOLZZ grin grin grin I think they're president had some liquor before making that statement.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
Godswillu:
The worst part is that their barber no get generator, Once light go off na blade and comb them go us.
Lmao gringrin
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
Any naija guy wey go Ghana flex money small Ghana girls go follow am wella. Time to go and get my own share of big butt dark looking Ghana girls for chicken change.

1 Like

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
Who is this Awalla dude? 90% of his threads are about Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by atlwireles: 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2014
The country's main power distributor, the Electricity Company of Ghana, is set to implement a revised timetable for the ongoing power rationing which will intensify the load shedding.

Barring any last minute intervention from the Ministry of Energy and Petroleum and stakeholders, the ECG says electricity consumers under the new arrangement will enjoy power for 24 hours and endure a power cut for the next 24 hours.

This has become necessary because the country is currently dealing with a power generation shortfall of about 540 megawatts as of Thursday October 15, 2014.Public Relations Manager of ECG, William Boateng disclosed this on Joy FM, today.

“It is a huge challenge because, even we don’t even know when you are going to go off and when you are having power,” he revealed. Several parts of the country are already experiencing unplanned power cuts making it difficult for consumers and industries to properly plan with the published schedule for the load management exercise.

Mr. Boateng says the current schedule was designed to shed 400 megawatts of power. He said the revision accommodates the additional 140 megawatts generation shortage that is being experienced now.

“We have a revised version [load management timetable] with us where customers will go off 24 hours and come on 24 hours,” Mr. Boateng told Show host Kojo Yankson.

He added however: “We’ll meet with our suppliers [Volta River Authority and Ghana Grid Company] on the situation."

According to him, the power distributor is the hardest hit by the development because, its staff cannot read the consumption levels of consumers. “Now we can’t even go and read consumers’ meters because any time they go the meters are off,” he said.

http://news.peacefmonline.com/pages/social/201410/219203.php?page=2&storyid=100&#commentsread
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Sunofgod(m): 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
philantoxx:
so Ghana will soon b sold.
Maybe Dangote will snap next . .

1 Like

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Dathommie(m): 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
Any naija guy wey go Ghana flex money small Ghana girls go follow am wella. Time to go and get my own share of big butt dark looking Ghana girls for chicken change.

Lwkmd, guy dat one na sure pass, at least e try boast dia economy. Hehehe
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Dathommie(m): 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
atlwireles:
The country's main power distributor, the Electricity Company of Ghana, is set to implement a revised timetable for the ongoing power rationing which will intensify the load shedding.

Barring any last minute intervention from the Ministry of Energy and Petroleum and stakeholders, the ECG says electricity consumers under the new arrangement will enjoy power for 24 hours and endure a power cut for the next 24 hours.

This has become necessary because the country is currently dealing with a power generation shortfall of about 540 megawatts as of Thursday October 15, 2014.Public Relations Manager of ECG, William Boateng disclosed this on Joy FM, today.

*in deep thought* e b lyk say I go start dey export generator o. but wait, dis one wey dia economy don enter deep sh*t tins no go go well!!

“It is a huge challenge because, even we don’t even know when you are going to go off and when you are having power,” he revealed. Several parts of the country are already experiencing unplanned power cuts making it difficult for consumers and industries to properly plan with the published schedule for the load management exercise.

Mr. Boateng says the current schedule was designed to shed 400 megawatts of power. He said the revision accommodates the additional 140 megawatts generation shortage that is being experienced now.

“We have a revised version [load management timetable] with us where customers will go off 24 hours and come on 24 hours,” Mr. Boateng told Show host Kojo Yankson.

He added however: “We’ll meet with our suppliers [Volta River Authority and Ghana Grid Company] on the situation."

According to him, the power distributor is the hardest hit by the development because, its staff cannot read the consumption levels of consumers. “Now we can’t even go and read consumers’ meters because any time they go the meters are off,” he said.

http://news.peacefmonline.com/pages/social/201410/219203.php?page=2&storyid=100&#commentsread
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by IfyAwazie(f): 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2014
Make them join the club.
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Dathommie(m): 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2014
[quote author=atlwireles post=27204880]The country's main power distributor, the Electricity Company of Ghana, is set to implement a revised timetable for the ongoing power rationing which will intensify the load shedding.

*in deep thought* e b lyk say I go start dey export generator o. but wait, dis one wey dia economy don enter deep sh*t tins no go go well!!
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by realborn(m): 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
Guys, I disagree with the attitude and reactions trailing Ghana's present predicament.

Notwithstanding any tantrums or disagreements in the past, we should express concerns toward their plight.

Ghana at least accept they have a challenge and are gearing up for the resultant effects. In similar vein, let us as Nigerians identify ours and ascertain solutions too!
Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
And they weren't bothered abt sustaining themselves. They were concentrating on deluding themselves as a giant in Africa with the notion of exporting power wey no even reach them to on rechargeable lantern!

1 Like

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by cooljude(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
Come o. Wetin Ghana do na o. Make na let them be na. I know sey na just want start E war. I pity people wey dey take E wars personal. The other person could just be laughin/having fun while you would probably be developing HBP.

1 Like

Re: Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
You know the funny thing? Just after they announced they were going to export electricity to Nigeria, their power supply fell by 50%. grin grin Really mad people. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Largest Cities In Nigeria Ranked By Population / Photos Of Nigerian Navy Special Forces On Routine Training In Russia / Nigeria’s Revenue To GDP Ratio Hits 8%, Targets 15% 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.