Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

My Theory Of MOTIVE - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Theory Of MOTIVE (1055 Views)

Video Broadcast By CNN Sparked Global Outrage, What Is Their Motive For...? / 3 Types Of Individuals - My Theory / Seun: What's Your Motive In Starting Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Theory Of MOTIVE by Hackomania(m): 7:20am On Oct 17, 2014
I am very young (not that young though), and over the years, through study of myself, and of others, I have come to understand a few reasons why the world's problems are more than we can control. One of those theories I call the THEORY OF MOTIVE.

And my theory goes thus:

For every decision a man makes, there are TWO reasons.

1. What he tells others: In politics, this is called a manifesto
2. What he tells himself: I call this motive - the why behind the why.

One of the sources of our problems in humanity is that number 1 is not usually equal to number 2. But taking a look at the picture below, you may ask, if I make my manifesto equal to my motive, isn't that a bad thing?

manifesto-motive

Let look at two scenarios. One fictitious case, and then a true life story.

Scenario 1 - Fictitious case

A young man sees a girl and is attracted to her. He starts up a conversation in whichever way he can. The girl finds out that he's funny, has a great sense of humour, is loving, caring etc. Weeks turn to months, they are together. They are "in love". Then one day, either by deliberate arousal or in error, sex is involved. Then two things happen - The love either grows stronger, or begins to dwindle.

Let's assume the love dies - the boy has seen it all, so there is no more "interest" in the girl. He begins to "look outside". In fact, this relationship has failed already.

On the other hand, let's say the love grows stronger, then there is more sex. They are in an "excellent relationship" - the my-man-is-great-in-bed relationship that the girl boasts of to her friends, or the I-have-the-best-girl-in-the-world confession by the man. But then, there is a challenge - time. With time, the spark begins to die, and then it becomes a struggle for either party to keep up the love. And then one day, after a short quarrel, the center can no longer hold - relationship over. Why did the relationship fail? Was there a problem with the relationship from the start?

Scenario 2 - True life story

Once upon a time, a man fell in love with a girl. He was so in love, it became an obsession, and he was terribly ill. The girl was a virgin, and she was okay with him getting married to her, but he was not patient, and one day, he raped her.

ammon-tamar-1ammon-tamar-3ammon-tamar-2

This is the story of Amnon and Tamar (2 Samuel 13:1-19). I strongly implore you to read this story in detail. It shows the difference between manifesto and motive.

Key in the story is that after the act, he hated her more than he loved her. Now the question here is, why did he suddenly hate her afterwards? Was his motive love? Or was it just his manifesto? What happened to the love that led to obsession and illness? What was his motive?

MANIFESTO, OR MOTIVE?

Truth is told when a man's manifesto is equal to his motive. Any variation automatically invalidates the veracity and genuineness of his actions.

It is this manifesto-motive variation that makes a man make a promise before being put into power, and then few months later, he begins to do something opposite. It is the source of governmental problems. It is the source of problems in relationships. It is the even the source of the problem in the church! Proliferation of churches is now a normal occurrence, and these churches are based on principles that oppose the original intent of the church - to save souls.

BIG PROBLEM, ANY SOLUTION?

I don't have a solution to these problems, but I know one thing, that when God sent his son Jesus, he had a motive equal to his manifesto - Jesus was sent to die from the foundation of the world (Revelation 13:cool, and yes he did die, for sinners (1 Timothy 1:15-16, 1 Peter 3:18). At least I can be sure that if God could achieve the manifesto-motive equality, then I can. I believe I can, and I believe you can. And one day, when Jesus comes, he will take only those that achieve this feat - not by filthy self righteousness (Isaiah 64:6), but by submission to the Spirit of God (Galatians 5:16).

I rest my case, for now...

http://kcemenike.com/2014/my-thoughts/kcemenikes-theory-of-motive/

1 Like

Re: My Theory Of MOTIVE by agitator: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2014
Ok Not too bad. undecided undecided undecided

So, what is your motive for this post.
Re: My Theory Of MOTIVE by Hackomania(m): 8:10am On Oct 17, 2014
agitator:
Ok Not too bad. undecided undecided undecided

So, what is your motive for this post.

To get clicks

(1) (Reply)

Rare Shark Birth Captured On Camera / (FUTA) Part Time/pre- Degree/direct Entry/pgd Form Is Out,on Call 08169056354 / Check This Out Ladies!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.