Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,487 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

God bless all Mothers. Amen - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / God bless all Mothers. Amen (14103 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / 4 Women Claim To Be MIC Okusanya's Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
dre11:

About the emboldened part I don't need to argue with you
Because if ure a researcher
U will know that what entails in one locality will be different with what entails in another locality

That's why a tested research work in an area might not be applicable in another part in its entirety because of the different factors and subjective functions that will alter its result.. ...

at the second emboldened I always thought the family sections was for knowledge and not using abusive langs
So I felt disappointed by that ur words.. ....

Let lay point here without hitting jabs at each other

Sorry you found that abusive. It was more of a joke to me.

As for your main argument, I'm afraid it doesn't apply here.

The anatomy of women and the processes of labour is virtually the same in all women irrespective of their location.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by dre11(m): 11:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

Your first paragraph is actually currently being disputed in the medical community leave out the motherly part

As much as they try.. .. The facts still remains and they will always meet a brickwall while trying to dispute it

Because have seen mothers in pain during child
Bearing and I watch how some wailing and raining curses on their husband for putting them through this pain of child bearing

Although that is unnecessary.... But it did show u the amount of pains she is going thought to have result in that
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Are you a woman? have you gone through labour pains for hours before? do you know how difficult it is to force huge faeces out of your anus? now take that thought to pushing out a child out of the privates and tell me again why a woman would exaggerate that kind of pain. You are a man not a woman so you should have no say in this.

Are you saying one cannot speak of things he has no direct experience of?

And by the way, correct me if I'm wrong. The anus isn't as elastic as the V is. Your comparison doesn't apply tongue
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by dre11(m): 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Thank you!

Sophyrocks:

Thank you jare. Maybe God should reverse roles so that men can go through labour pains and see for themselves. No wonder we have very insensitive men around who dnt bother going to the labour rooms. They have no clue. I doubt if the males here are married sef. pfffft.

child birth is one area have got to respect womenfolk

That's why I keep remembering the Bible passage where God place a curse on Eve

Where he did say in pains will u bring out a life from u

3 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

Are you saying one cannot speak of things he has no direct experience of?

And by the way, correct me if I'm wrong. The Anus isn't elastic. The V is. Your comparison doesn't apply tongue

You have an anus. You only know what it is like to push faeces out of it. You do not have a V. you only know what it is like to chuk ur P into a V. But you dnt know what it is like to push out a child out of a V. Therefore your opinion in this issue is invalid. I would respect comments about this issue from females only.

Males keep off!!!
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by dre11(m): 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

Sorry you found that abusive. It was more of a joke to me.

As for your main argument, I'm afraid it doesn't apply here.

The anatomy of women and the processes of labour is virtually the same in all women irrespective of their location.

But don't u think the kind of food we do consume, the kind of environment we do live in, the kind of stress we undergo do have a major shaping in our physiological and psychological make up of we humans

Women are thesame but I can tell u that the processes of labour differs

1 Like

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
Sophyrocks:

You have an anus. You only know what it is like to push faeces out of it. You do not have a V. you only know what it is like to chuk ur P into a V. But you dnt know what it is like to push out a child out of a V. Therefore your opinion in this issue is invalid. I would respect comments about this issue from females only.

Males keep off!!!

Lol, enjoy yourself and the exaggerated labour ordeals cheesy
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
dre11:

child birth is one area have got to respect womenfolk

That's why I keep remembering the Bible passage where God place a curse on Eve

Where he did say in pains will u bring out a life from u

Of course. People who agree with the research are also trying to say that God almighty was lying when he said the labour pains in women would increase. Uve got to love we women for all the pains of life we go through. Yet at some point, we remain sane. E easy?

3 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by dre11(m): 11:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

I fail to see any brick wall in that research submission.
Who doesn't wail and shout when in pain??
That is no measure of the intensity of pain she might be going through.

But ur ears can cringe when u hear real pains and not the forced one.. ...

U ears can detect it because it send messages to ur brain
U can feel the vibe of a fake pain.. .. Because the expression and intensity will show when u look at the face and the tone of its voice when that person did make that noise.. ...

Anyway let them continue with their research and we see what new development they come up with

1 Like

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
dre11:

But don't u think the kind of food we do consume, the kind of environment we do live in, the kind of stress we undergo do have a major shaping in our physiological and psychological make up of we humans

Women are the same but I can tell u that the processes of labour differs

Yes, there are slight differences but it's basically the same. The differences are not significant enough to alter research results if conducted in another place.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

Oh well, I guess male gynecologists should throw away their certificates as they haven't experienced being in a woman's body and therefore by extension are incapable of giving sound directives or advice to expectant mothers.
-Sophyrock's theory

I stated earlier that males who have been to labour rooms have a say in this. Male gynaecologists are very well qualified to give sound advice. At least they admit the pain women go through and do not ever say they are exaggerated. Unlike men like you who have never been to a labour room before and yet arguing over things you know nothing about, even going as far as comparing Ordinary Migraine to Labour pains. LOL. I laff.

7 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

Lol, enjoy yourself and the exaggerated labour ordeals cheesy

I repeat, you dnt have a V and have never pushed out a child weighing in kilos out of a V before. So just...........

1 Like

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 18, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I stated earlier that males who have been to labour rooms have a say in this. Male gynaecologists are very well qualified to give sound advice. At least they admit the pain women go through and do not ever say they are exaggerated. Unlike men like you who have never been to a labour room before and yet arguing over things you know nothing about, even going as far as comparing Ordinary Migraine to Labour pains. LOL. I laff.

Imagine that women get anesthesia through an injection in their spinal cord when they give birth. Simple pain relief pills would not even help.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 18, 2014
Nonso23:

I haven't been to a labor room? I'll give no definitive reply for now.
Ordinary migraine??
grin grin
Do well to ask your gynae what he thinks about labor pains. You might get the truth you are constantly running away from.

Come back and argue with me when you metamorphose into a woman. As long as you are a man, you cant argue with me. Are you trying to say God was lying when he said women would experience great labour pains? EOD jare.

2 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Imagine that women get anesthesia through an injection in their spinal cord when they give birth. Simple pain relief pills would not even help.

Thank you o. You also see women going for C.S. why do they do that? Huh? And they are here arguing with us. Maybe they are hermaphrodites who knows.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 18, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Thank you o. You also see women going for C.S. why do they do that? Huh? And they are here arguing with us. Maybe they are hermaphrodites who knows.

Like i said, simple pain relief won't do, this is how intense the pain is. wink

1 Like

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 18, 2014
Nonso23:

grin grin
I thought you said that I qualified if I've witnessed childbirth before?
Why the sudden turnaround?

God did not say their labor pains are going to be the worst sort of pain humanity will witness.

You are not a woman Nonso. End of discussion.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Like i said, simple pain relief won't do, this is how intense the pain is. wink

Simple pain relief can never be enough. Only those who wear the shoes know where it pinches. Isnt it the same research that says women are more liable to die during childbirth? Dnt some women get complications along the line? Some women even have difficult pregnancies/childbirth. And some people are still arguing?

4 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 18, 2014
Nonso23:

Just like that??
Is that sufficient grounds for dismissal of my contributions?. grin

Oh yes. very much sufficient. Your earlier contributions have shown that too.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 18, 2014
Nonso23:

But you earlier said gynaes and men who have witnessed labor are exempted. Which is it now?
That you must be a woman or the other?

LOL. I can see you love merry go round discussions. EOD please.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:02am On Oct 18, 2014
Fact 1. Child birth is a painful process for women ...
Fact 2. The woman's body is designed for childbirth and therefore has the ability to make this process a little bit easier to bear. thank to adrenaline and other body changes.
Fact 3. But that does not still eliminate the fact that childbirth is still a painful process.

Now the bone of contention here is a Study that says child birth pain is not as painful as women claim. they funny thing is that they came to this conclusion after interviewing 320 women. Emphasis on the word Interviewing.

I think this claim is wrong because it is based on a shaky foundation. First the use of interviews to measure pain is not a fool proof strategy and the most objective tool out there. I would come to that later.

So this is what they did. They asked these women two days after delivery and two months after delivery and because their response differed they concluded that they overestimated how painful the labor pain was.

First It seem this researchers have never heard of

Memory decay. > Memory decay refers to the loss of memory over time. This is how it works information that is not rehearsed disappears as time passes. Information being held in STM is pushed out by newly arriving information. What this means is that given that child birth is not an activity that is rehearsed the information that has to do with this experience disappears with time, and In this case the new information that is the joy of the holding their new born baby in their arms displaces or withers down the old memory i.e magnitude and pain of child birth. That is why, when they were asked two months later they came up with a different answer.

Secondly we need to understand how the brain remembers pain.

Let say by chance the pain get stored in the long term memory... Depending on the pain certain types of pain may reside deep inside the stored memory (long term) in the brain and but they require a special state of consciousness to bring out these memories in really clear details. You need to engage in an action similar to that scenario to remember in concrete detail that stored memory.

For example when I was Kid I hated injections because of the pain. I only remembered in clear details the magnitude of the pain I felt when I took my last injection only when I was about to take another injection or when I saw someone taking an injection.

For example pain memories associated with rape are easily remembered and recalled, most times by the victims when they are about engaging in a sexual activity.

So what I am driving at is that let's say the child birth pain ends up been stored in the long term memory... The only time these women would actually remember the initial magnitude of the pain in clear details is when they are about having their next baby in the labor room or in a similar scenerio.

Let me ask a simple question how many of you can accurately remember how painful it was the last time you bit your tongue while chewing, Or the pain you felt when your parent whopped you when you were a kid.

The right way to go if they wanted to prove their point is by measuring pain OBJECTIVELY. Yes pain can measured objectively.

According to this report

Neuroscientists have developed a technique to predict how much physical pain people are feeling by looking at images of their brain scans. Until this point, the only way for doctors to "measure" pain is by using a pain scale. This typically involves patient self-reporting — like ranking pain on a scale from 1 to 10 — and observing their behavior.

This can be problematic when doctors have to make important clinical decisions. Patients in pain are notorious for both understating and overstating their degree of pain. Also, some patients may be incapacitated in some way and unable to properly articulate their level of discomfort.

Looking to contribute to ongoing efforts to measure pain, neuroscientists from the University of Colorado Boulder, New York University, Johns Hopkins University, and the University of Michigan set about the task of using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to identify objective measures of pain. Their findings now appear herer >> http://io9.com/5839517/an-objective-way-to-measure-pain-its-closer-than-you-think

So what they would have done is Scanned the brain of these women while giving birth to get a more objective measurement of their pain and also get a verbal response and then proceed to Scan their brain when the are experiencing another less painful activity like Mensuration and also get their verbal response. Now the can then proceed to contrast both pain measurements and responses to figure out if they are lying about the magnitude of the pain during child birth.

Finally child birth pain is subjective ... some give birth smoothly while some don't. Whether women are lying about the pain is something I can't agree or Deny until a more concrete experiment is carried out.

#Mathewbriggs

8 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by cococandy(f): 6:27am On Oct 18, 2014
Nothing I won't read on nairaland.
If they are not telling us how we are supposed to think and feel and react to issues, they are telling us how our sexuality works.
Now they are telling us what labor feels like.

The men on here! SMH

1 Like

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by cococandy(f): 6:36am On Oct 18, 2014
Matthewbriggs:
Fact 1. Child birth is a painful process for women ...
Fact 2. The woman's body is designed for childbirth and therefore has the ability to make this process a little bit easier to bear. thank to adrenaline and other body changes.
Fact 3. But that does not still eliminate the fact that childbirth is still a painful process.

Now the bone of contention here is a Study that says child birth pain is not as painful as women claim. they funny thing is that they came to this conclusion after interviewing 320 women. Emphasis on the word Interviewing.

I think this claim is wrong because it is based on a shaky foundation. First the use of interviews to measure pain is not a fool proof strategy and the most objective tool out there. I would come to that later.

So this is what they did. They asked these women two days after delivery and two months after delivery and because their response differed they concluded that they underestimated how painful the labor pain was.

Memory decay. > Memory decay refers to the loss of memory over time. This is how it works information that is not rehearsed disappears as time passes. Information being held in STM is pushed out by newly arriving information. What this means is that given that child birth is not an activity that is rehearsed the information that has to do with this experience disappears with time, and In this case the new information that is the joy of the holding their new born baby in their arms displaces or withers down the old memory i.e magnitude and pain of child birth. That is why, when they were asked two months later they came up with a different answer.

Let say by chance the pain get stored in the long term memory... Depending on the pain certain types of pain may reside deep inside the stored memory (long term) in the brain and but they require a special state of consciousness to bring out these memories in really clear details. You need to engage in an action similar to that scenario to remember in concrete detail that stored memory.

For example when I was Kid I hated injections because of the pain. I only remembered in clear details the magnitude of the pain I felt when I took my last injection only when I was about to take another injection or when I saw someone taking an injection.

For example pain memories associated with rape are easily remembered and recalled, most times by the victims when they are about engaging in a sexual activity.

So what I am driving at is that let's say the child birth pain ends up been stored in the long term memory... The only time these women would actually remember the initial magnitude of the pain in clear details is when they are about having their next baby in the labor room or in a similar scenerio.

Let me ask a simple question how many of you can accurately remember how painful it was the last time you bit your tongue while chewing, Or the pain you felt when your parent whopped you when you were a kid.

The right way to go if they wanted to prove their point is by measuring pain OBJECTIVELY. Yes pain can measured objectively.

According to this report

So what they would have done is Scanned the brain of these women while giving birth to get a more objective measurement of their pain and also get a verbal response and then proceed to Scan their brain when the are experiencing another less painful activity like Mensuration and also get their verbal response. Now the can then proceed to contrast both pain measurements and responses to figure out if they are lying about the magnitude of the pain during child birth.

Finally child birth pain is subjective ... some give birth smoothly while some don't. Whether women are lying about the pain is something I can't agree or Deny until a more concrete experiment is carried out.

#Mathewbriggs

those scientists are half baked.I'm surprised some guys are taking the so called research seriously.

2 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 18, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

According to this report

#Mathewbriggs

I think you misunderstand bro. Memory decay doesn't explain their contradictory responses. I'll tell you why.

Memory decay is a phenomenon that progresses with time. That is, the longer the time, the more one forgets the experience until one experiences another.

Now, the researchers found out that, after two days, they rated the experience less painful only to rate it highly painful after two months.

Memory decay should have made them rate it even less painful after two months than they rated it after two days.

You can say memory decay accounts for their responses after two days, it can't account for their responses after two months. Saying that it does is inconsistent with what memory decay is all about.

PS: As you rightly said, no one in his or her right senses will claim labour isn't painful. Of course, it is. The point is that the pain is being exaggerated.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

He Doesn't Like Sex....wat Do I Do / My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. / My Labour Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.