Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job (1383 Views)

Messi, Cesc And Pinto In Ibiza Today / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by fizzile(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2014
AS Stephen Okechukwu Keshi finally paid the
price after ignoring ominous dark clouds, two
World Class coaches are already in the running
for the job of the Super Eagles. Jorge Luis Pinto and Jose Pekerman, two
international coaches who were outstanding
with their teams in Brazil 2014 World Cup are
being considered for one of them to take over
the reins of Super Eagles. President of NFF, Amaju Melvin Pinnick took
the Bull by the horn on Wednesday when he
asked Keshi, Amokachi and Shorunmu to step
aside and appointed a consortium of coaches
headed by former Eagles coach Amodu Shuaibu
to handle the remaining two matches against Congo and South Africa before stepping aside
for a foreign coach to lead the Eagles. Sports Vanguard scooped yesterday that NFF
officials have approached the two coaches and
are weighing up on their demands before
sealing up the deal. Our source informed that former Costa Rica
coach, Jorge Luis Pinto who took Costa Rica to
their most successful World Cup ever in Brazil is
admired by the Nigerian officials because of
his love for young talents. Costa Rica had their most successful ever
World Cup in Brazil, reaching the last eight for
the first time before going out on penalties to
the Netherlands. Costa Rica who were ranked
outsiders in the World Cup began the
tournament with a stunning 3-1 upset victory over twice champions Uruguay in their opening
Group D match. They followed up with a 1-0 win over four-
times World Cup winners Italy before drawing
0-0 with England. ‘Los Ticos’ then beat Greece
5-3 in a penalty shootout in the last 16
following a 1-1 draw after extra-time. Pinto’s contract ended after the World Cup.
Also, Colombian(Argentine) coach Pekerman is
admired too for Nigerian Eagles because he is a
firm advocate of free-flowing, entertaining
football based on intricate passing. Pekerman
guided Colombia to beat Greece 3-0, beat Cote d’Ívoire 2-1, before flogging Japan 4-1. In the
second round, Colombia beat Uruguay 2-0
before succumbing to hosts Brazil 2-1.
Pekerman moulded a team of young players in
Colombia dictating possessions and quick
interplay to earn respect in Brazil. The two coaches are World Class and would be
expensive but an official of the NFF said that
they would not be bothered by the cost. ‘’We
want the best for Nigeria. We are not going
for journeymen as it were in the past. Things
are going to be done the right way’’, the source insisted.

Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by tomsniel(m): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2014
They are nice coaches. Would love either of them.

1 Like

Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by Mayour11(m): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2014
No, we want Arsene Wenger

1 Like

Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by Goke7: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nff are bunch of jokers, No serious coach can work under the environment we have here for a very long time, am sorry but I think we'll have to settle for those carpenter white skin coaches who keep jumping from one african country to another.

Nff deceiving Nigerians since 1960

1 Like

Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by denedene(m): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
if true den I v no problem but they should provide a conducive environment for him.... whoever comes on board should b able to work from nigeria
Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by fizzile(m): 1:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
I think NFF made d right choice. While d white man will be with d super eagles,Siasia will be smwhr developing our young boys.
Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by Omolecturer(m): 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
undecided
Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by oloriooko(m): 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
I will keep stressing that NFF is the problem of 9ja football
The slow thinking n confused NFF empty heads now want to bring a foreigner to take the shit Keshi took from them in the name of patriotism.
Keshi has achieved everything one can think of here in Africa, so this new coach must be ready to surpass this. No foreigner will develop our football for us, it is our duty and this is where keshi fits in.
Furthermore, hiring of fireig coach also puts some cash in the pockets of the NFF mumu.

1 Like

Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
Perkerman? This has to be a joke. That man has just been given Citizenship of Columbia. He is loved by the players, government and people. He transformed Columbian football from the grassroot. He is one of the highest paid coaches in the world. He will not leave Columbia for Nigeria.
Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
So these guys expects Jose Perkerman to leave James Rodriguez, Falcao Garcia, Jackson Martinez, Bacca, Cuadrado, Guarin, Teo, Ibarbo etc to coach Ike Uche, Martins, Taiwo, Kalu Uche etc. I laugh in Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 18, 2014
They dnt care abt d costundecided
and they could not pay keshi 4 13 months?
I feel pity for the gullible nigerians

3 Likes

Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by Yello1(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2014
do i really care? Make eagle shaa win is my concern,ain't care who d coach is gonna be,moreso,na NFF go stil dey interfare 4 coach player picking mata!
Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by Yello1(m): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2014
like as if i care,whoever d coach go be,d important thing is dt eagles keep winning every match and NFF should stop interfering in coach tactics
Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:21am On Oct 18, 2014
NFF looking for every possible means to dupe nigerians an avenue dat Keshi did not afford dem.........

1 Like

Re: NFF Eyes Pinto, Pekerman For Eagles Job by kokoA(m): 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
We can't afford them.. If I hear name of coach wey we fit afford I go know grin e.g Lars Lagerback, Bora Moltivinocic and co

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts / Transfer Market 2015/2016 Football Season: Nigerian Players Involved / Cristiano Ronaldo Poses With Pretty Models As He Releases His Debut Fragrance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.