Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts (1382 Views)

As Madrid Equal Barcelona Unbeaten Streak, This Is How We Compair The Two Clubs / Nigerian Premier League Clubs And Their Coaches For The New Season / Peter Olayinka Banned In Albania For Signing For Two Clubs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts by HighBK: 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
Only two clubs could buy Lionel Messi outright and satisfy Financial Fair Play, according to a finance expert. - Real Madrid and Man U

And Real Madrid and Manchester United would even struggle to pay Messi's wages without breaking Uefa's rules. The rest of Europe's elite would have to stagger a payment over a number of years to meet the £170m valuation.

"With the revenue they generate and cash reserves, only United and Real Madrid could pay the fee," said Rob Wilson of Sheffield Hallam University. "With salary costs probably even they couldn't stay within FFP."

[size=14pt]Bottomline, Messi is going nowhere.[/size]

World's most valuable players (Source: CIES Football Observatory - January, 2015)

220m Euros (£172.43m) Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
133m Euros (£104.24m) Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
99m Euros (£77.60m) Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
84m Euros (£65.84m) Diego Costa (Chelsea)
72m Euros (£56.43m) Paul Pogba (Juventus)
65m Euros (£50.95m) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)

http://www.sobolation.com/chelsea-cant-afford-to-buy-messi-only-two-clubs-in-the-world-can-afford-him/
Re: Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts by 9jaBloke: 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
What 220m euros. Dats steep. Pogba has really come a long way. I'm so happy for the lad. I hope SAF is watching
Re: Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts by HighBK: 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
9jaBloke:
What 220m euros. Dats steep. Pogba has really come a long way. I'm so happy for the lad. I hope SAF is watching
One of many unforgiveable things SAF did before leaving Man U: Letting Pogba leave when all he wanted was to be in the first team, and there was no competition for his position. Fergie and Ego!
Re: Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts by 9jaBloke: 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
HighBK:

One of many unforgiveable things SAF did before leaving Man U: Letting Pogba leave when all he wanted was to be in the first team, and there was no competition for his position. Fergie and Ego!

Yea, Ego and Racism. Fergie wanted a predominantly white team.m preferrably English

1 Like

Re: Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts by uzolexis(f): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
this is bad news cry cry cry
Re: Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts by kennynelcon(m): 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
I Rep Manchester United!!!. U no say money no be problem...

1 Like

Re: Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts by parrotibaba(m): 9:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
9jaBloke:

Yea, Ego and Racism. Fergie wanted a predominantly white team.m preferrably English
dia was no racism ,d likes of Evra ,Young ,Anderson n Nani were in his team or u go back to d days of Andy Cole n Dwight Yorke or Paul ince ,it ain't about racism, he just didn't fancy d boy becoming what he is now ,n dat will be his regret
Re: Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts by 9jaBloke: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
parrotibaba:
dia was no racism ,d likes of Evra ,Young ,Anderson n Nani were in his team or u go back to d days of Andy Cole n Dwight Yorke or Paul ince ,it ain't about racism, he just didn't fancy d boy becoming what he is now ,n dat will be his regret

Parrotibaba,when you exhibit prejudice towards a group or groups of people because of their ancestry or colour, then you can be called a racist.

Andy and paul are English boys who played in the glory days. Andy was alredy a seasoned player before he joined United and he was very consistent in front of goal. Dwight is American and also proved his worth.

Of the other ones, only Evra broke into the first team & we know how hard that lad works combining defence, wing and overlapping to join the attack. At a point, I practically forgot that there is a ManU player called Anderson.

Now when I say SAF is a racist, I'm referring to his attitude towards African players. Do some research on Eric Djemba Djemba and Quinton Fortune. Quinton spent about 6 seasons, 3 of them EPL trophy- winning, but he was never awarded a winners' medal. Why? Because Fergie ensured that he did not play the required 10 premiership matches to qualify.

Fergie's scouts were the first to spot Essien, Drogba and Adebayor but Fergie could not make up his mind. Also remember what happened during Mikel Obi's transfer saga.

Now to Pogba, any average talent scout could see that the boy is raw diamond. Even from my vantage point, I saw all the trappings of a star midfielder and knew he was just waiting to explode. Ferguson is an old veteran, so don't tell me he didn't see all these. He simply has a strong aversion to colour black and unfortunately, Pogba is sooo black.
Re: Only Two Clubs In The World Can Afford Him - Experts by killercute16(m): 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
kennynelcon:
I Rep Manchester United!!!. U no say money no be problem...
Buh you know say trophy na problem sha

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Africa's Fatstest Man, Soji Fasuba Now Works With The British Navy / Did I Win or lose This Bet9ja Match?screenshot. / Akwa United Wins AITEO CUP 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.