Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,622 members, 7,955,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

Suspected Atm Fraud - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Suspected Atm Fraud (715 Views)

How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? / Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Atm Fraud by clemzo101(m): 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
I was at the ATM this evening and the queue was very long so we all waited patiently till it got to our turn, there was dis guy that was to collect b4 me but he kept helping the old men and women in front of him to operate the machine. At a time he brought out his fone numba and was typing on it dat was when i started suspecting foul play. When it got to his turn he inserted his ATM and the machine welcomed him as usual but after he collected he then inserted another ATM card, brought out his fone and typed the pin probably the one he was able to get from the old men. what surprised me the most was that the machine wrote "Welcome ANONYMOUS" instead of a name and he made a transaction and left..............The question is "is it normal for an ATM Machine to write Welcome ANONYMOUS?" ur contributions are welcomed
Re: Suspected Atm Fraud by bigtt76(f): 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
Probably a prepaid cash card.
Re: Suspected Atm Fraud by dapperman(m): 2:42am On Oct 18, 2014
Yes. Its normal for ATM to give you that response if you are using a non-personalised ATM card. Some banks issue that. I do have one of them. Eco bank issued that to me when i requested for an immediate replacement of my ATM after a loss. Usually it takes about 10 mins or less for the issue, thus; the reason why its not personalised.
Re: Suspected Atm Fraud by clemzo101(m): 6:40am On Oct 18, 2014
Thanks guys, atleast I'm getting tutored.thank God I didn't challenge d guy.
Re: Suspected Atm Fraud by OCTAVO: 9:35am On Oct 18, 2014
It's normal. My first bank ATM doesn't display my name. Although not "Anonymous" all the same. Just some funny code.
Re: Suspected Atm Fraud by clemzo101(m): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2014
OCTAVO:
It's normal. My first bank ATM doesn't display my name. Although not "Anonymous" all the same. Just some funny code.
atleast I have learnt one or two things concerning ATMs now.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Bank Verification Code? / We Ąrε In Need Of Used X-ray Films And We Do Buy In Large Quantity. / Quickbook Accounting | How To Create An Invoice In Quickbooks Accounting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.