Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,576 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? (4603 Views)

EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned / How The Central Bank Of Nigeria Controls The Activities Of Commercial Banks / Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by ojesymsym: 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2011
CBN came up with a polity of sanctioning defaulting banks on fail ATM transaction recently on those who refuse to refund such cash to the customers, does any one know how to contact CBN to report such a defaulting bank please an email or address will be appreciated. I understand Consumer Protection Agency also handles issues like this, I need a means of contacting them, all these thieving banks need to feel some heat. Thanks
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by orekinky: 1:03am On Aug 01, 2011
That is if the banks will feel the heat.

You can start by writing CBN's office, Located at Marina,lagos state
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by superior2(m): 6:11am On Aug 04, 2011
oh yes I wanna know how to report them cause my fifteen thausand is still with spring bank pls help thier damn atm machine ate my N15000.oh yes I wanna know how to report them cause my fifteen thausand is still with spring bank pls help thier damn atm machine ate my N15000.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by Eemah(m): 8:24am On Aug 04, 2011
Yes I agree wit U, most especially Intercontinental Bank plc, they are the worst of all the criminals, when they steal ur money via ATM, they dnt look back
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by apach4ever(m): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2011
Eemah:

Yes I agree wit U, most especially Intercontinental Bank plc, they are the worst of all the criminals, when they steal your money via ATM, they dnt look back
Really? And did you fill a ATM complaint form at one of their branches or did you just go home and mope about your "stolen" money.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by MMM2(m): 10:56am On Aug 04, 2011
bomb d atm machine angry
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by buy1get3(m): 11:50am On Aug 04, 2011
yeah, bomb d atm if u get chance plus d bank too, lolz
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by chines4(m): 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2011
There is a procedure on how to sort out any ATM related issue, First fill a compliant form at any branch of your bank starting your card details and what happened and give the bank time to work and it.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by emmatok(m): 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
chines4:

There is a procedure on how to sort out any ATM related issue, First fill a compliant form at any branch of your bank starting your card details and what happened and give the bank time to work and it.

We have followed the-same procedure the past 2 month but the cash is yet to be returned.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by kufreabasi(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2011
apach4ever:

Really? And did you fill a ATM complaint form at one of their branches or did you just go home and mope about your "stolen" money.

It happened to me and i did filled thet ATM complaint form but it took a lot of time before they gave me back my money.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by ojesymsym: 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2011
Just incase u guys dont know, each day de default after a grace period of about 2weeks I think, the banks are supposed to be charged 50k/day. If we know how to report them to CBN and they pay the fine for 20 people then they will be forced to sit up. Please note that it is after you must have filled their form at the bank before you can resort to this. I still cringe at the thought of what one of my friends went through after losing over 300k. Friends, its not one experience u want to go through, getting alerts of debits while u re far away from you bank.

This info is important, who ever has it should let us know. I sent a mail to CBN, they are yet to reply.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by Eemah(m): 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2011
apach4ever:

I was askd to go talk to d customer care officer & wen I got there d lady gave me a form to fill which i did after about 2 mnths I went back only for the same lady to direct me to the ATM custodian, on getting to him d guy started quarelling that why shud d lady direct me to him, she was supposed to handle the issue & not send me to him.
At that point i had to leave and up to this day the transanction has not been reverted.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by amor4ce(m): 2:07am On Aug 05, 2011
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by denitro(m): 8:39am On Aug 05, 2011
I visited Nigeria last 3 months and used my international visa card on an ecobank ATM
(N20,000 X 3)times - my account was debited but I never got the money.
I have filled tons of forms but I haven't been refunded,
This is really bad
N60,000 gone just like that,
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by ojesymsym: 11:18am On Aug 05, 2011
@denitro and all others who have filled forms at the banks without response. You can check their website and fill an online form, I noticed that, that one is faster. But u have to be detailed and let them know you filled a paper form before and there was no response. I actually got mine that using that method. It cud work for u. mine was a UBA bank.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by chines4(m): 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2011
emmatok:

We have followed the-same procedure the past 2 month but the cash is yet to be returned.
Just do a follow up the process takes some time, since most times it involves three party. Your bank, the bank that their ATM was used and then Interswitch. Just do a follow up
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by bollingjoe(m): 6:29am On Aug 06, 2011
why not get a lawyer to write the bank and cbn @ the same time.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by oknee: 8:08am On Aug 06, 2011
Just escalate it to their head office thru their customer care. Once it gets to their notice, d officer dt u submitted ur complaint form will definitely be querried. D money wil den be paid sharp sharp.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by BEN8(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2011
GO TO CBN WEBSITE, YOU WILL GO TO CONTACTS AND GET THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE ANTI CORRUPTION UNIT AND STATE YOUR CASE AND THEY WILL FOLLOW IT UP FOR YOU.

BUT PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE PEOPLE DONT EVER USE INTERCONTINENTAL BANK ATM MACHINES, THEY ARE THIEVES. INTERCONTINENTAL BANK SWALLOWED MY 15K TILL TODAY SINCE 2010 XMAS. OTHER BANKS THAT DEBITED ME REFUNDED ME BUT THEY DID NOT ON NO REASON angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry.

I JUST PRAY THAT SANUSI FIND THEM OUT AND LIQUIDATE THE BANK, THEY HAVE TURNED THIS PROFESSION TO ANOTHER CRIMINAL AND UNPROFESSIONAL VENTURE sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad.

GOOD LUCK.
Re: How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? by stagger: 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2011
denitro:

I visited Nigeria last 3 months and used my international visa card on an ecobank ATM
(N20,000 X 3)times - my account was debited but I never got the money.
I have filled tons of forms but I haven't been refunded,
This is really bad
N60,000 gone just like that,

You have to get back to the foreign bank that issued your card. I once had an issue when N20,000 was deducted from my Payoneer Mastercard on a GTB ATM. It was not GTB that I went to. I had to report the issue to Payoneer, who got Hellenic Bank in Cyprus to sort it out. I was told it would take 50 days, and on the 50th day on the dot, I got my money back.

Lesson: always be sure that an ATM is paying cash before using it. I usually hang around for someone to first use an ATM before I use it.

(1) (Reply)

Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps / Men's Uk Suits, Senator Suits & Native Wears (Latest Picture Collections) / How To Make Money From 49ja (bet9ja) Using A Bet Bot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.