Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Apc And Pdp Supporters: Your Honest Opinion About The Ceasefire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc And Pdp Supporters: Your Honest Opinion About The Ceasefire (861 Views)

FG Should Listen To The Ceasefire Call By BOKO HARAM - Lai Mohammed / FG Should Listen To The Ceasefire Call By BOKO HARAM - Lai Mohammed / APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc And Pdp Supporters: Your Honest Opinion About The Ceasefire by kingphilip(m): 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
the news making the headlines in all dailies and the electronic media and front-page on nairaland is that of the ceasefire reached between the federal government and the insurgents-boko haram

this thread seeks the honest and humble opinion of Nigerians across the two political parties on their take on this ceasefire agreement
[s]
my opinion on this matter is this even though this should have been long ago and spared some lives, I think it is beta at this time because putting it off for any reason(s) will cause them to continue thereby leading to more loss of life and properties
Re: Apc And Pdp Supporters: Your Honest Opinion About The Ceasefire by podosci(m): 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
kingphilip:
the news making the headlines in all dailies and the electronic media and front-page on nairaland is that of the ceasefire reached between the federal government and the insurgents-boko haram

this thread seeks the honest and humble opinion of Nigerians across the two political parties on their take on this ceasefire agreement
[s]
my opinion on this matter is this even though this should have been long ago and spared some lives, I think it is beta at this time because putting it off for any reason(s) will cause them to continue thereby leading to more loss of life and properties
This is ridiculous.....most of the girls have been Molested and molested,,some have died
from stress and disease.....Many soldiers and civillians av lost there lifes at the hands
of this terrorist.....A ceasefire agreement should include unconditional release of all
hostages and surrender of all terrorist for persecution in a court of law, because of
their surrender the Govt might give them a reduced sentence...........But because this
is Nigeria the bringers of tears and pain shall roam free in Nigeria, their leaders
might even be elected into positions of Govt, the terrorist would receive huge
contracts for mayb border protection, the falln soldiers shall be forgoten and
Nigerians would move on.........#ThereWasACountry
Re: Apc And Pdp Supporters: Your Honest Opinion About The Ceasefire by Sunofgod(m): 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
Desperation on the part of Boko Haram (APC (formerly CPC))

The govt should co-operate - and then slaughter them completely.

Its now they wanna negotiate - when they are loosing (SMH) and stand no chance of entering Govt in 2015.
Re: Apc And Pdp Supporters: Your Honest Opinion About The Ceasefire by kingphilip(m): 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
podosci:

This is ridiculous.....most of the girls have been Molested and molested,,some have died
from stress and disease.....Many soldiers and civillians av lost there lifes at the hands
of this terrorist.....A ceasefire agreement should include unconditional release of all
hostages and surrender of all terrorist for persecution in a court of law, because of
their surrender the Govt might give them a reduced sentence...........But because this
is Nigeria the bringers of tears and pain shall roam free in Nigeria, their leaders
might even be elected into positions of Govt, the terrorist would receive huge
contracts for mayb border protection, the falln soldiers shall be forgoten and
Nigerians would move on.........#ThereWasACountry
Hmmmmm i can feel ur pain bro. but I think the same thing has been going on right from time immemorial in Nigeria... I can see same from the following cases too

+during the civil war
+the militant in south south where asari can b seen as an example

1 Like

Re: Apc And Pdp Supporters: Your Honest Opinion About The Ceasefire by daveP(m): 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
Why cant the Nigerian Govt just end a kind of case with the upper hand using military force rather than negotiating with these criminals? Why. Cant we just have a record of 'simple clearance' of these groups?
Re: Apc And Pdp Supporters: Your Honest Opinion About The Ceasefire by kingphilip(m): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
daveP:
Why cant the Nigerian Govt just end a kind of case with the upper hand using military force rather than negotiating with these criminals? Why. Cant we just have a record of 'simple clearance' of these groups?
matching violence with violence to me isn't something good

looking at it from another angle u would blame gowon for declaring the civil war no Victor no vanquish instead of actually using according to u a simple clearance of the igbo nation since de decided to call it quits of being a part of Nigeria
Re: Apc And Pdp Supporters: Your Honest Opinion About The Ceasefire by daveP(m): 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
kingphilip:

matching violence with violence to me isn't something good

looking at it from another angle u would blame gowon for declaring the civil war no Victor no vanquish instead of actually using according to u a simple clearance of the igbo nation since de decided to call it quits of being a part of Nigeria
well(shrugs) its just looking at the degree of crimes theyve commited, they supposed to have a upper hand over alll these groups. Abusing the power of negotiation sort is what bugs me. Imagine one fellow seeing that the fg is used to negotiating may come up with a group to cause trouble seeing the end will always be 'negotiation' that's what i'm bugged about
Re: Apc And Pdp Supporters: Your Honest Opinion About The Ceasefire by kingphilip(m): 11:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
daveP:
well(shrugs) its just looking at the degree of crimes theyve commited, they supposed to have a upper hand over alll these groups. Abusing the power of negotiation sort is what bugs me. Imagine one fellow seeing that the fg is used to negotiating may come up with a group to cause trouble seeing the end will always be 'negotiation' that's what i'm bugged about
I understand ur fears very much and that was why when the militant were given amnesty I foresaw this coming and made my opinion known but others said it was for the best

I won't lie u my brother I'm almost certain more groups will spring forth in no time

(1) (Reply)

Frsc Ambush-a True Story / Fayose Shuts Speaker, Others’ Fuel Stations / My Take On The Crises In Burkina Faso As It Relates To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.