Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup (34136 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by sunnyt1(m): 7:58am On Oct 18, 2014
If Nigeria will not qualify abeg dey should postpone it. It is better for Africa football
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by eleko1: 8:00am On Oct 18, 2014
Isn't the same way SA tried to scammed our girls spot in d just concluded world cup from back door?By the way,have they returned the stolen money they seize from Jona?
donodion:

I thought SA chipped in they wont mind hosting despite CAF indecision about where to shift the game to?.They have the facilities standby.

If those pilfering bubbleheads in govt had vision for the country,this are infrastructural projects worth investing in to make Nigeria attractive choice. Not just build one stadium in one state and start bragging undecided undecided.

Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by nedu2000(m): 8:08am On Oct 18, 2014
Raiders:
you are wrong. Check your facts well. All the other confederations except UEFA holds their cup every 2 years.
no your wrong copa america is 4yrs,uruguay won the last one in 2011 the next is in 2015,asia football competition AFC the same thing
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Shollay20(m): 8:12am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Hemanwel(m): 8:18am On Oct 18, 2014
In situations like these,CAF's last resort is always Nigeria.I hope Nigeria or any other African country does not accept the hosting right.
CAF Executive members need to be high-handed and postpone next year's Nations Cup,rather than put the lives of Africans at risk.
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 18, 2014
if them no host Am, I go play Am for my ps2

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by redcliff: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2014
faithugo64:
Nawa o,i hope and pray it will be cancelled. How on earth can we watch AFCON happily when the super eagles are not playing. I wish it will be cancelled. Maybe by next AFCON,we will have a standard team that can qualify without mathematics!

African football is not centered around the super eagles. If they failed to qualify its their fault

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by redcliff: 8:23am On Oct 18, 2014
sunnyt1:
If Nigeria will not qualify abeg dey should postpone it. It is better for Africa football

Africa football is not centered around nigeria.. stop being myopic
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Reference(m): 8:37am On Oct 18, 2014
If South Africa hosts and thus gets an auto ticket does it mean its 1st, 2nd and 3rd from our qualifying group. More factors to input into the quadratic equation the Super Eagles and NFF always put us through.
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Abbey2sam(m): 8:38am On Oct 18, 2014
I can never blame a country that put the health of it citizens first

I go with morocco on this one

in all ramification it's very wrong for SA to host it again
it's better to even cancel this year's tournament to save Africans from EVD

because if liberia sire Leon qualify, would CAF disqualify them because their country is the origin of EVD

So the best bet is for CAF to cancel

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Tonylyte(m): 8:39am On Oct 18, 2014
In such situation u would prefer a ban than hosting. Anyway, fifa should give it to s.africa, they are financially bouyant to manage and screen fans coming into the country at the airport, this i cant say about broke ghana. Wtf are they(ghana) struggling to host for? When they are damn broke?
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by chukkystar(m): 8:42am On Oct 18, 2014
If South Africa Hosts, they will qualify Automatically, then Nigeria and Congo will qualify for Nations cup
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by cocoduck: 8:46am On Oct 18, 2014
CityNG:

Another graduate of one of these schools https://www.nairaland.com/1954284/nuc-shuts-down-nine-fake grin

Sometimes it's best to keep that rotten teeth shytehole in your face closed, because once you open it, alongst with the stench will come ridiculous and nonsensical ramblings.
sorry for you. I know quite well that university education makes many Nigerians stup1d. since I don't have the means to go to any developed country to study I decided to postpone it for now and learn a trade and teach myself a lot of things by studying the works of others. once again. Sorry for you. I am Nigerian and very proud of it. of you ain't proud of being a Nigerian, then hug a wet live transformer.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Suljosh: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2014
Kudos to the federal republic of Morocco for taking this decisive decision, their life is more important than this corrupt CAF Afcon bullshit.
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by cocoduck: 8:53am On Oct 18, 2014
Abbey2sam:
I can never blame a country that put the health of it citizens first

I go with morocco on this one

in all ramification it's very wrong for SA to host it again
it's better to even cancel this year's tournament to save Africans from EVD

because if liberia sire Leon qualify, would CAF disqualify them because their country is the origin of EVD

So the best bet is for CAF to cancel
how possible is it for them to qualify with cameroon and ivory coast in the same group. you people ehhhhh na wa ohhhh
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Abbey2sam(m): 8:55am On Oct 18, 2014
cocoduck:

how possible is it for them to qualify with cameroon and ivory coast in the same group. you people ehhhhh na wa ohhhh

i just air my own opinion, you can also say what you think CAF should do
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Octaves(m): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2014
They should just suspend people from countries where the disease is rampant from participating and screen everyone else. My opinion
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by cocoduck: 9:05am On Oct 18, 2014
Abbey2sam:

i just air my own opinion, you can also say what you think CAF should do
I am not against you or your opinion but for people who are not Nigerians or Nigerians that hate gej to say that the government of the day is irresponsible because they opted not to close the border therefore Morocco is more enlightened than Nigeria. 1diots that do not know that morroco is a totalitarian Arab country. I am a Nigerian and I am very proud of it
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Ologunjude(m): 9:13am On Oct 18, 2014
Octaves:
They should just suspend people from countries where the disease is rampant from participating and screen everyone else. Morocco should be suspended too. My opinion

If Guinea qualifies, it supporters should not come cheer them up. Nice one to you. Ebola might not show in the Body system initially during screening until the person is even sitting comfortable in the stadium. Just like the case in America. There was no symptoms when he boarded the flight. This is common sense. There will be massive body contact around the stadiums. It will be devastating to put it mildly.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by kzokul(m): 9:14am On Oct 18, 2014
okonja:
Ban or Not...AFCON most hold come January 2015
GBAM.....
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by omololuigb: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2014
that s really nice. at least to stop d spread of the virus. CAF should re think.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Octaves(m): 9:43am On Oct 18, 2014
They should not even be allowed to play in the qualifiers. Them and other hard hit countries should be totally excluded from the tourny for obvious reasons. Then people from the non ebola countries be scrutinized thoroughly
Ologunjude:

If Guinea qualifies, it supporters should not come cheer them up. Nice one to you. Ebola might not show in the Body system initially during screening until the person is even sitting comfortable in the stadium. Just like the case in America. There was no symptoms when he boarded the flight. This is common sense. There will be massive body contact around the stadiums. It will be devastating to put it mildly.
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Xavier9ja(m): 9:44am On Oct 18, 2014
michaelweezy:

LMAO.. Nigeria/Amodu deserves a second/fourth chance
lol
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by golddeejay(m): 10:16am On Oct 18, 2014
Morocco did the right thing and that what a country that cares abt its citizens will do. To hell with Caf n Nations cup

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Funpeter: 10:21am On Oct 18, 2014
Will they go ahead and host the FIFA world club championship? If yes then they should be ban. If you can't host the Afcon then you shouldn't host the world club championship as long as you are given the same reason.

Well maybe they prefer to see a Ronaldo, bale and co than to see a certain Bance, musa and so on.
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by sureteeboy(m): 10:30am On Oct 18, 2014
mods must explain what happened to this thread

www.nairaland.com/1952705/morocco-officially-withdraw-hosting-nations
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by btoks: 10:30am On Oct 18, 2014
nedu2000:
CAF has always been greedy,that's why the AFCON is held every two yrs unlike other confederations,Morocco has valid reasons,the lives of their citizens shouldn't be toyed with,ebola has gone global.....
probably held every 2 years to help develop African football.If you remember Africa only had 1 rep in the world cup around the time ACON was set up and even now it only has 5 reps.Even With this, Europe is calling for an increase in its reps.
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by lakamua: 10:48am On Oct 18, 2014
mrofficial:

I hope they ban Morocco from participating henceforth.
you lack wisdom. Plz comment like a wise adult and always think with the brain before talking
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by Raiders: 10:57am On Oct 18, 2014
nedu2000:
no your wrong copa america is 4yrs,uruguay won the last one in 2011 the next is in 2015,asia football competition AFC the same thing
No bro, There was a problem with the hosting of the copa America from 2011- 2015. COPA America is every 2 year. Also AFC is every 3 yrs not 4 yrs.
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by PrinceJustice(m): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2014
xrayz:
I think its a wise decision, to avoid epidemic CAF should reason wit dem oo,health first plz.
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by PrinceJustice(m): 10:59am On Oct 18, 2014
xrayz:
I think its a wise decision, to avoid epidemic CAF should reason wit dem oo,health first plz.
no matter where the competition is hosted, it's the same "health and security risk"
Re: Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup by musiwa95: 11:01am On Oct 18, 2014
[size=18pt]
If CAF agree The Independent Country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria has the capacity to host the national cup, but the Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria, most be allowed to present a separate team from the country of Nigeria.

Fifa told you ,no third party, Nigeria is a third party to the Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria, and fifa says NO third party.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1716169_460096segun12jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d_jpegf7c5dbae160d29d06d1022a3570cc47f

His Royal Highness

oduwa Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law)
[/size]

If Keshi was not too patriot to Nigeria. after several effort to keshi to get him to play team Independent country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria prove abortive. Nigeria abuse of international law does not negate international law. it does not take your right away

Even after I have contact fifa and explain the situation to fifa including security Nigeria was involve in and showing them people were scare to fill the stadium. Fifa looks like they were interested in my idea . there would have been at least two team..

Some thing are your right.. and as long as you are in the right, nobody will deprive you of it. I was not telling a lie. There were prove of video which I did show to some members of fifa to convince them of my good intention.

Nigeria security problem is knew to sepp blatter, sepp blatter is 78 years, so he will remember the story. I made affort. And look very interested to help you people out of your problem. put your self in the brain of the spectator, will you, come watch a match, when people can bomb the place, No.

Just to help you people, who think, that I am telling lies that I am the Emperor of Independent country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria.

look at this two coin.

You will notice the design is the same. British West Africa and federation of Nigeria.

British West Africa consisit of several countries including Ghana ,Western Nigeria, gambia , Nigeria etc

You can see, from this coins , that all that happen was just a change of name from british West Africa to the federation of Nigeria.
But I am the Emperor of Independent country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria which was part of British West Africa.

Do you see the triangle is the same in the coins. Nigeria was a region body like ecowas. am I a liar, look at the coins yourself. if I am telling lies, your own eyes will not tell you lies.

since you dont want to believe me,look at the video of balewa visit the USA president. You will see that Balewa took Igbo men only to the USA to deceive the USA president . The Igbo men were dress like Yoruba men to deceive them. he went there to decieve the USA govt that Independent Country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria was part of the Nigeria. which is not correct. before they occupy it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YT5m9Fn9RB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs&list=UUb87BDP4HGsiqBllDwiejIQ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

John Ogu & Wife, Chiugo Akaolisa Unfollow Each Other, Deletes Pics On Instagram / We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects / Cristiano Ronaldo Has Not Broken Josef Bican's All-time Goalscoring Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.