Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site (17284 Views)

Google Stoped Crawling My Site For A Reason I Don't Know / Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... / Everybody Please Submit Your Website Url For Indexing In A New Search Engine!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by ElekeNtioba: 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
henryobinna:
I've done something like this before.

I search the 'url' of the post on google and it brought me the exact post but when I Check google catch of my site it still shows my site how it was on the 12th excluding the current posts which I posted a few days after 12th

Google cache is like an archive. Its different from indexing. Google takes a picture of ur site from time to time. So the current cache of ur site was d last picture taken. U could check back a few weeks from now and see ur current post as d latest cache.

Even if you delete ur posts, it will still show in d cache for a period.
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
henryobinna:
since 12th of this month google has not been indexing/crawling my site.

normally it takes them highest of 2 days to index but till now(6th day) they've not.

I've written a new post but not yet indexed by Google but I recieve search traffic from other search engines.

please who knows a way out of this or the cause should help me.

thanks in advance

its normal, i think its takes an average of one month before they index you, depending on traffic of your website (As you there are tons of website out there). Also if you using a good webhosting service, they have tools that helps you with this kind of thing..
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
henryobinna:
am not good at that SEO thing n I've lost hope in it.
and my site is a blogger blog

All bloggers in Naija wanna be like Linda Ikeji
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by moneymaker24(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
How many posts have you published since the 12th?? There are times google doesn't index a new posts till you publish another.

Most times, Their crawling bot do omit a new post till maybe when you publish another one.

Check your webmasters tool and navigate to fetch as google. Fix in the post URL and fetch it. Within 7hrs, it should be crawled.

More so, use of pinging tools like Googleping is good. All the very best pal.
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by greenmouse(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
do justice to your google webmaster tool
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
lawanson44:

All bloggers in Naija wanna be like Linda Ikeji
how do you mean?

throw more light!

me n linda are not in the same niche so I wonder how I want to be like her
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2014
ikp4succes:

its normal, i think its takes an average of one month before they index you, depending on traffic of your website (As you there are tons of website out there). Also if you using a good webhosting service, they have tools that helps you with this kind of thing..
ok. I hope so but formerly it takes them highest 2 days to do so
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Google cache is like an archive. Its different from indexing. Google takes a picture of ur site from time to time. So the current cache of ur site was d last picture taken. U could check back a few weeks from now and see ur current post as d latest cache.

Even if you delete ur posts, it will still show in d cache for a period.
ok
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Ur post is indexed na. Google has crawled ur site my bro bt ur site probably has dropped in ranking. Dats why u ar not receiving much traffic from google. Keep posting original and unique content am sure it will recover. Set up a facebook page, twitter and youtube acct linked to ur blog. This will help a lot in boosting ur blog in d eyes of google.
ok, thanks for the clarification
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
pelij:
O yes!!! Now you come, you just need to change your template or recode it.

Whats the name of the template?
i think the problem is not my template.
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
BUSHHUNTER:

Nevermind Its against d rules that's y its back door.
ok, thanks for your concern
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
henryobinna:
ok. I hope so but formerly it takes them highest 2 days to do so

Found this as well undecided

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2014
moneymaker24:
How many posts have you published since the 12th?? There are times google doesn't index a new posts till you publish another.

Most times, Their crawling bot do omit a new post till maybe when you publish another one.

Check your webmasters tool and navigate to fetch as google. Fix in the post URL and fetch it. Within 7hrs, it should be crawled.

More so, use of pinging tools like Googleping is good. All the very best pal.
thanks I'll post another soon
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
ikp4succes:

Found this as well undecided
ok thanks. maybe if write n post the next post it'll force them to crawl round the whole site
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2014
soji1992:
seriously[img]http://www.?aff=687[/img]
na now you dey wake?
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by sanyablaze(m): 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
How has this post passed for a Front Page. Mods will always be Mods.

Governement of the friends for the friends
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Edigrows: 5:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
If Google isn't indexing/showing your Site on SERP.. there're many approaches used to solve the ish, our fellow IT guys here have stated a few for U.
I'll give U a recap and add mine as well.
- Be sure U have posted enough content on the site, about 15 or More and they shouldn't be just ordinary posts but good quality posts that ppl search for around the web. Google won't index A new site that is Copying & Pasting OO,take note.

- And the very important One, not only thru useful contents, U gotta help Google index ur site too by Being sure U have placed your web property code on the site.
You can learn to do dis very easily Here >>> http://www.editweaks.com/2012/10/track-and-claim-website-with-google-webproperty-code.html

-After all these are in place....keep Posting & GIVE IT sometime.
After a few days, Search Google using some Keywords from the title of your Posts, if dem no index U for search result, come n arrest me grin
Goodluck brov
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
sanyablaze:
How has this post passed for a Front Page. Mods will always be Mods.

Governement of the friends for the friends
hahaha.. oga no dey vex too much na..
me self no know any mod oh
so nothing like 'government of the friends for the friends'

my post is important to many that's why its on FP.

or is it that you're not techy that's why you complain?
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
[deleted]
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
TheNaijan:

Check your site on Google... search for any of your posts that have been previously indexed on Google... If you don't see any of them indexed; then you might have been hit...Besides join Google Webmaster tools and from there you can check your sites status.
judging by those,
my site is ok
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Help4rmme2u(m): 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
I changed my site url can google still reindex and change my older posts with old url to the new one or how else?
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by lillyjane(f): 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2014
Try and do a new post and see if that one could be indexed.

Goodluck
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
lillyjane:
Try and do a new post and see if that one could be indexed.

Goodluck
ok, thanks
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by nosagold(m): 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
It's probably caused by a robot in your html file. A robot is a code which causes your website not to be indexed and prevents crawling by search engines or websites. Check the meta tag in the head of your HTML code. I'm a student studying IT at monash university south Africa
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by ezeonlinebiz(m): 12:17am On Oct 22, 2014
henryobinna:
since 12th of this month google has not been indexing/crawling my site.

normally it takes them highest of 2 days to index but till now(6th day) they've not.

I've written a new post but not yet indexed by Google but I recieve search traffic from other search engines.

please who knows a way out of this or the cause should help me.

thanks in advance

my brother, you have got no problem at all. Google's crawler crawls site based on its page rank. starting from page rank of 10 to 0. so if the site's homepage page rank is 0 or 1 then you would not expect it to crawl your page/site at the same rate as it would a page rank 3 or 4 site.

But be that as it may, 6 days is enough to get your post crawled and indexed. so copy that post's url and paste it inside the google's search box and search. if it shows up in the SERPs then you have nothing to fear at all because it has been indexed.
if you do not receive the desired traffic or the post does not show up in the SERPs of some related keywords, then the post or url may be residing in google's supplemental index and it may take months before it will be moved to the main index before showing up in the main SERP.

But if it doesn't show up then check your webmaster tool's crawler section to see if you had inadvertently made a mistake in your robots.txt file not to allow google agent to crawl your pages.
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 4:53am On Oct 22, 2014
ezeonlinebiz:

my brother, you have got no problem at all. Google's crawler crawls site based on its page rank. starting from page rank of 10 to 0. so if the site's homepage page rank is 0 or 1 then you would not expect it to crawl your page/site at the same rate as it would a page rank 3 or 4 site.

But be that as it may, 6 days is enough to get your post crawled and indexed. so copy that post's url and paste it inside the google's search box and search. if it shows up in the SERPs then you have nothing to fear at all because it has been indexed.
if you do not receive the desired traffic or the post does not show up in the SERPs of some related keywords, then the post or url may be residing in google's supplemental index and it may take months before it will be moved to the main index before showing up in the main SERP.

But if it doesn't show up then check your webmaster tool's crawler section to see if you had inadvertently made a mistake in your robots.txt file not to allow google agent to crawl your pages.
ok, thanks
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Mescopaul(m): 8:41am On Oct 22, 2014
Your site has already been crawled. Jst have patience, a little more time, that's all.
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 8:44am On Oct 22, 2014
Mescopaul:
Your site has already been crawled. Jst have patience, a little more time, that's all.
ok thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Create Courier Tracking Website / iOS Android games new releases / Top Twitter Handles In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.