Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... (1320 Views)

Top 7 Fundamentals For Google Optimization! Google SEO Tips And Techniques / 4 Ways To Optimize Your Website For Google Mobile Indexing / 12 Things To Do Before Applying For Google Adsense – 2016 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
Which is more important for Google
indexing: exact matches for keyword or
current web traffic?

Would forexample.com be more highly ranked than
eg.com if I were to make a search using the keywords 'for example' because it contains the keywords 'for' and
'example' even though they both have the same services (both have website titles containing the keywords 'for example' ) while eg.com has more web traffic?
Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by Grime: 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
Great and unique content.

Godaddy ranks first for 'domain names' where domain.com struggles.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by ZinoFego: 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
Exact Keyword(s).

SirChotas:
current web traffic?

eg.com if I were to make a search using the keywords 'for example' because it contains the keywords 'for' and
'example' even though they both have the same services (both have website titles containing the keywords 'for example' ) while eg.com has more web traffic?
Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by ZinoFego: 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nope bro.

Godaddy.com could rank first for "domain names" and not "domain" where the context is domain.com.

Exact keyword(s) in the domain name does more to Google indexing than rich content or traffic.

Take a look at the screenshot below.

Grime:

Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by Grime: 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
ZinoFego:
Nope bro.

Godaddy.com could rank first for "domain names" and not "domain" where the context is domain.com.

Exact keyword(s) in the domain name does more to Google indexing than rich content or traffic.

Take a look at the screenshot below.

I have one little task for you sir smiley

Step 1: Visit this website seoblog.com
Step 2: Google the keyword "seo blog".

There are numerous other EMDs that rank poorly because of lean content. Good examples are websites of celebrities. Tom cruise's wiki and imdb pages will always outrank tomcruise.com

While I agree that my previous example was horrible, I still stand by the fact that good content is king. Don't get me wrong, EMDs does have an influence but not as strong as it was a few years ago. Remember the epic Matt Cutts tweet (attached)

You will have an advantage if you use an EMD and provide rich content. If not, someone else who does the same thing with better content will outrank you.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by bedfordng(m): 8:58am On Apr 12, 2015
one of the important thing is proper seo.though exact match domain is a plus but having an exact match without proper seo optimised content will not outrank the one with proper seo that is not exact match domain.so it all boils down to optimised seo techniques.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 12, 2015
To answer your question properly you need to see my sites ranking on Alexa,you have to give Google crawler a nudge in the right direction by generating a sitemap for your website.My site currently ranks 128,000 worldwide and its 3 months old,a good sitemap is the key to a remarkable Google index.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by akintayo1(m): 7:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
SirChotas:
current web traffic?

I believe the days of exact keyword in domain names are long been dead or at least, not as effective as they once used to be.

Now, is all about quality of your webpages to serve users needs, if your web pages provides high quality relevant contents that solves users problems consistently, Google will reward you with better ranking over sites with exact keyword domain with tin or poor quality contents.

Google this keyword: "what is SEO" and tell me what position is the website with that exact search term. is all about quality of your blog, from set up to contents on each pages. And how easily users find it accessible.

And in most of the times, the quality of domain links pointing towards your individual pages.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by ZinoFego: 8:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
Google it as one word "whatisseo"

akintayo1:

I believe the days of exact keyword in domain names are long been dead or at least, not as effective as they once used to be.

Now, is all about quality of your webpages to serve users needs, if your web pages provides high quality relevant contents that solves users problems consistently, Google will reward you with better ranking over sites with exact keyword domain with tin or poor quality contents.

Google this keyword: "what is SEO" and tell me what position is the website with that exact search term. is all about quality of your blog, from set up to contents on each pages. And how easily users find it accessible.

And in most of the times, the quality of domain links pointing towards your individual pages.
Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
akintayo1:

Thank you.
Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by getlancers: 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
anybody interested in buying a weblog www.slicereports.com should pls send a mail to us at admin@slicereports.com or call 0818499884.
Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by donsheddy1(m): 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
I like this thread.

Exact and matching keywords attached with quality contents are also inclusive. Just recently I finished the SEO of a company website with a odd domain name and in less than 2 weeks, they on.

NB: don't assure your clients you can finish up in a month when you're not sure of what u wanna do.
Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by henryobinna(m): 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
Grime:

guy that's not true
Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by Grime: 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
henryobinna:
guy that's not true

Henry,
Search engines are NOT static. You could be in 10th place today and then 9th place tomorrow.
Godaddy was first when I made that post. Looks like they are second place at the moment.

Whether they are 1st, 5th or last, my original point still remains valid, which is.... domain.com does not rank first for "domain names". Feel free to call my attention when that happens.
Re: Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... by henryobinna(m): 3:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
Grime:

Henry,
Search engines are NOT static. You could be in 10th place today and then 9th place tomorrow.
Godaddy was first when I made that post. Looks like they are second place at the moment.

Whether they are 1st, 5th or last, my original point still remains valid, which is.... domain.com does not rank first for "domain names". Feel free to call my attention when that happens.
yea yea, you're right though, the rank is not static

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Shopping Cart Website Like Jumia,konga & Dealdey Free / How To Create Site On Wapka E.g Www.snehsloaded.ga / Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.