Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

My Comment Got 600+ Likes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Comment Got 600+ Likes (1329 Views)

(photo): When Your Boyfriend Says He Likes White Girls / Amber Rose Says Of All Things,kanye Likes Her A.S.S.H.O.L.E / Frank Edoho Likes To Box His Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Code213: 10:58am On Oct 18, 2014
Four days after I re-registered my moniker (the first moniker was lost when Nairaland crashed earlier this year), I commented on this thread!!
https://www.nairaland.com/1952070/tb-joshua-carrying-bags-rice#27191682

At first, I couldn't believe it when I came back online shortly only 2 find out that my comment had amassed over a hundred likes. Then it grew to 200, then 300 and boom!! Unbelievable!!!

As opposed to what most nairalanders thought, this isn't a NL "Likes" record. This Post by Seun after the NL collapse has 1629 Likes
https://www.nairaland.com/1793151/concerning-catastrophic-loss-valuable-data

I probably hold the record for the most "Likes" on a comment.
On the day I made that comment, I wasn't feeling myself, and had earlier created this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1952451/nairaland-helps-me-fight-depression

And here is what a nairalander said to me to cheer me up. Am really grateful

bolaino:
cheer up mate, we've all been there, on the bright side you're on the front page, and you've had over 200 likes, that's a sign from God telling you he cares, stay blessed mann,

To which I replied

Code213:

Tanx a lot Bro! It's over 300 Likes now. In fact, am shocked. Now, I know a bit of what it feels like when ur video goes viral on youtube or when ur hashtag trends on twitter.

Then he added

bolaino:
you're welcome mann, enjoy your moment, you deserve it, and it's sign from God. Cheer up.
And I believe him now.

I have learnt certain life lessons which I'll share with you guys.
Most times I come 2 Nairaland, I do so 2 be entertained, informed, and 2 get feedbacks, and every once in a while to give opinions that ruffle feathers.cheesy example
https://www.nairaland.com/1948018/opinion-dbanjs-apple-beats-endorsement

I enjoy writing, and I can be pretty foul-mouthed. Am gonna tell u guys about that too

* cheesy Please don't ask the moral of the story o! Just enjoy the read* thanks

1 Like

Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Code213: 10:59am On Oct 18, 2014
UPDATE:

1. ON Why Am Somewhat Sarcastic and Foul-mouthed -

When I was in Nursery/Primary school, I wouldn't say I was different from the other kids, but I often isolated myself which made it easy 4 me 2 be picked on by the other kids.
When I got 2 secondary school (a federal school), I got bullied for being so-called 'ajebuttish'!!!
So as I grew much older, I adopted the Isreali slogan "Never again"!
Never again will I go down without a fight, though, I've also learnt to chose my fights wisely, and never engage in any fight where everyone loses regardless of whoever wins.

So, rather than sulk when words, sticks and stones get thrown @ me, I beat my chest and scream "bring it on! Suckers"
I woke up one morning and realised I had become pretty much sarcastic!
And from some of the comments below, I can already sense that some people assume am being narcissistic! Yes, I am. But am also empathetic, so WTF?

Bottomline= it's more profiting 2 be 'hated' and 'misunderstood' now, only to be "appreciated" and "loved" later, than the other way round.

2. THE Lesson Learnt

I'll start with this quote. It's an
adaptation by the way,

"If u give in the right energy, the universe will reciprocate by conspiring to make things work in your favour".

I always try to amuse myself when I write. So that, whenever am bored, I visit the archives and get myself entertained.

My comments and post most times are deliberately designed to amuse me.

That has always been part of the essence.
If u must know, I didn't get the 'Likes' because what I said was out-of-this-world, but because the universe (you and I) conspired to make it phenomenal.

A case study of "Happy" by Pharrell, "Gangnam Style" by PSY, and all those comedy skits that have gone viral on youtube and made Millionaires of young people! Not forgeting the hashtag #bringbackourgirls that went viral on twitter and birthed the global campaign.

If the energy emanating from your 'art' is true, pure, and comes 4rm a clear space, the universe will conspire 2 make it great. That's the long and short of it.
This applies to almost every form of Art.
Always do something that makes ur desired personality/ inner person feel alive.
Don't opt to follow trends when u have the ability to stand out.

You may decide to do the kind of music everyone else is doing, the kind that 'sells', and eventually you'll get lost in the crowd.
Don't be afraid that nobody will appreciate the new sound/genre that keeps hammering in ur head, amuse youself. Sing 4 you, and u'll be shocked how many people will appreciate 'you' 4 being and doing you.

When J.K. Rowling started out 'Harry Potter', she was told she wouldn't get really far with such a book and its considered audience. I guess, u all know the rest of the story.

Originality is key, don't be afraid to suck @ something until u become really good @ it. As long as it makes u feel alive, and the energy is right, your day will come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Fraih(f): 11:02am On Oct 18, 2014
Ok
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by LEERICIST(m): 11:02am On Oct 18, 2014
i hail thee
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by fairygeh(f): 11:05am On Oct 18, 2014
OMG undecided
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Richie0974: 11:06am On Oct 18, 2014
Yea....I knw dat feeling....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Jerrick(m): 11:22am On Oct 18, 2014
I've had 700+ likes and didn't create a thread for it. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by silverprince413(m): 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
Jerrick:
my brother.......
The tin con be like say en don enta payroll
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by aboyaji(m): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
I know how it feels too. I have been in your shoes once when i had over 300+ likes after commenting on a thread about a unilag girl that won a laptop and the other girl won a car.

Mine was very sharp though where that same comment was the first to comment (forbes magazine. Haha) and on the front page too.

That week, i made front page twice. Not that my comment was too long, but na GOD.

2 Likes

Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by IfyAwazie(f): 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
Wao, congrats. Are u going to sell d likes?
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Code213: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
IfyAwazie:
undecided
Do I have a buyer? 1000naira per unit ma'am!
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Code213: 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
aboyaji:
I know how it feels too. I have been in your shoes once when i had over 300+ likes after commenting on a thread about a unilag girl that won a laptop and the other girl won a car.

Mine was very sharp though where that same comment was the first to comment (forbes magazine. Haha) and on the front page too.

That week, i made front page twice. Not that my comment was too long, but na GOD.

Tanx 4 keeping it real.
How it feels is something embedded in the human psyche. I've written something on this b4, the strong desire for Love, Recognition and Acceptance.
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Code213: 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
Jerrick:

U probably don't expect me to be another "Jerrick", else, it will be one hell of a boring world.
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by fr3do(m): 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2014
Op, when are you throwing the party? undecided
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Code213: 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
fr3do:
Op, when are you throwing the party? undecided
tongue
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by fr3do(m): 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Code213:

tongue

OK

By the way

Check out Amarachi's Get down BTS video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVngmsGRdtU
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
and you opened a thread cos of it?

Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Aikon: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
Code213:
Four days after I re-registered my moniker (the first moniker was lost when Nairaland crashed earlier this year), I commented on this thread!!
https://www.nairaland.com/1952070/tb-joshua-carrying-bags-rice#27191682

At first, I couldn't believe it when I came back online shortly only 2 find out that my comment had amassed over a hundred likes. Then it grew to 200, then 300 and boom!! Unbelievable!!!

As opposed to what most nairalanders thought, this isn't a NL "Likes" record. This Post by Seun after the NL collapse has 1629 Likes
https://www.nairaland.com/1793151/concerning-catastrophic-loss-valuable-data

I probably hold the record for the most "Likes" on a comment.
On the day I made that comment, I wasn't feeling myself, and had earlier created this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1952451/nairaland-helps-me-fight-depression

And here is what a nairalander said to me to cheer me up. Am really grateful

To which I replied

Then he added

And I believe him now.

I have learnt certain life lessons which I'll share with you guys.
Most times I come 2 Nairaland, I do so 2 be entertained, informed, and 2 get feedbacks, and every once in a while to give opinions that ruffle feathers.cheesy example
https://www.nairaland.com/1948018/opinion-dbanjs-apple-beats-endorsement

I enjoy writing, and I can be pretty foul-mouthed. Am gonna tell u guys about that too

* cheesy Please don't ask the moral of the story o! Just enjoy the read* thanks

How much were you paid for the 'likes'
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Kunleskey(m): 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
IfyAwazie:
i wonder o..maybe he wan use am collect money 4rm bank
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Code213: 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
HugeCock:
and you opened a thread cos of it?
tongue
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Code213: 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
Aikon:

How much were you paid for the 'likes'
angry why not ask Seun?
I think how much I'll get depends on how much revenue Nairaland generates this month. Tanx 4 d concern.
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Aikon: 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
Code213:

angry why not ask Seun?
I think how much I'll get depends on how much revenue Nairaland generates this month. Tanx 4 d concern.

Can I send my account number
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by DStarrx: 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
This is pathetic. Nairaland of all places. Not even Facebook. Who cares?
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Code213: 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
Aikon:

Can I send my account number
You count your chicks b4 they hatch?
Re: My Comment Got 600+ Likes by Code213: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
DStarrx:
This is pathetic. Nairaland of all places. Not even Facebook. Who cares?

Kiddo, are u trying 2 sound smart or wot?
I could buy a thousand Facebook 'Likes' for less than $10 if I want to. But on Nairaland, 'Likes' aren't traded.

(1) (Reply)

"How Premarital S*x Affected Me And My Husband" – Toyin Aimakhu / Chris Brown Blast Karrueche For Going On Dates With Drake.....its Over. / You Wont Believe What Happened To Heavily Pregnant Actress, UCHE JOMBO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.