Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. (1534 Views)

I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? / Please Which Programming Language Does Nigerian Institutions Use ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 18, 2014
I have tried HTML, But it seems nairaland doesn't support HTML,What code do you use to post a link,to embed a YouTube video,thats about it. Thanks in reply.
Tag: seun,javanian asalimpo kodewrita

[video width="400" controls]
[source src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NL0hAK0PKo" type="video/mp4"]
[/video]
Re: What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. by asalimpo(m): 8:17am On Oct 19, 2014
NL uses a custom markup language similar to html except that angle brackets are sustituted with square bracket: [ , /]
To bolden a text. The command is "b" , to stike out a text the command is "s". Etc.
Information about d tags and their meaning isn't published by NL. Learnt it by trial-and-error.
I don't know how utubevideos are embedded. Mayb the html markup with the custom tags should work.

1 Like

Re: What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. by CodeHouse: 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hmmm
Re: What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
CodeHouse:
Hmmm

Any idea?

Anyway I now know how YouTube video is embedded on nl u just post the video link That's all. But I was expecting a code to post it.

What I don't know is how images are posted in between words on nairaland, instead of the usual four images limit under each post. Any idea how It's done?
Re: What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. by blueyedgeek(m): 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
It's a lightweight markup language similar to html. It is commonly used in forums like this. It's called BBcode, angle brackets are replaced with square brackets and there are no void elements.

To add an image using BBcode, all you need is to surround the pointer to the image in img tags

Example:

[ img ] http://linktoimage.com/smiley.png.[ /img ]

Note: mine is a fake link just for illustration and I added spaces so it doesn't try to display a non-existent image. If you were to add an actual image, you would have to get a correct link to the image and there should be no spaces in the tags.

ADDING AN IMAGE

1 Like

Re: What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2014
Trollin' and you can learn more about bbcodes from here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode
Re: What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. by Karleb(m): 11:05am On Oct 21, 2014
Bulletin Board Codes, wow so so easy compared to HTML.
Re: What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
The aim of bbcodes it for security reasons. It is easy to manage a few tags securely than to handle HTML codes which can be used for xss hacking. BBC editors can come in many flavours.
Re: What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Wow Thanks guys @ dhtml18,karleb,blueyedgeek,I appreciate your answers. Now I know why the my thread of code testing was deleted.
Re: What Language Does Nairaland Use? Answer Needed. Thanks. by HCpaul(m): 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
[table][tr]
[td]tabledata[/td]
[/tr][/table]

(1) (Reply)

IP Addresses And Routing Table / Cost Of Cisco Training / If You're A Programmer Come Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.