Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,229 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Windows XP Validation Failure - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows XP Validation Failure (18865 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows XP Validation Failure by avirji(m): 6:18am On Aug 03, 2006
Hey everyone! This is a problem with Windows XP I had today, for some strange reason. Let me know if you have the same problem too!;

So, I log on as usual on to my account. Then, at the bottom right of my screen, uh-oh! the "This copy of Windows is not genuine". What?! About 2 weeks ago, I downloaded Windows Defender which requires validation, so I validated and said that my copy of Windows XP was genuine. And then somehow my version is not genuine?! What gives! Then, Microsoft expects you to pay $149.00 for something that is their fault. Like seriously? Anyway, please express your feelings on this matter (or if you have experienced it). Don't forget to vent!

Tc All
Bye!

P.S. Does anyone know why this is happening? Arghhh!
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by dondele(m): 7:11am On Aug 03, 2006
it means your software is a bootleg and u need the original. i also had the same problem so i had to take a friends original XP to install and the problem was solved.
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by avirji(m): 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2006
Thank you for telling me, but then microsoft allowed me to download programs that require validation (and back then it said i had an original copy of windows xp). So like i said, what gives?! Is microsoft just trying to get money out of us? So that maybe we all have to upgrade to Vista?
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by Fdeveloper(m): 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2006
It's by no means an isolated incident as I've read a number of posts about the so called "False positive" behaviour of Windows Genuine Advantage which is meant to help users identify genuine copies of Windows.

The following articles from MSDN attempt to explain why it happens but sadly doesn't provide a full proof solution,
http://blogs.msdn.com/wga/archive/2006/07/16/667063.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/wga/archive/2006/07/19/670672.aspx
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by avirji(m): 12:30am On Aug 05, 2006
Thank-You for the links, Fdeveloper smiley
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by engr17(m): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2006
If you really want to solve it without Failure then try not to download online any longer except you are a certified Microsoft Pro wit an ID then you could download only with ur id and the version of Application OR Operating System you wish to download

Just two weeks today Bill Gates had stop all Security updates for Windows 98 and any NTFS Operating version will be blogged.
So stop the fake "FREE" download of any sort of software to a windows based Operating system
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by superman(m): 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2006
dnt know much but i think emm what occured it emm u know when u are updatin the fake one i guess the pop comes out"not guine" so next time dnt update it but u can always use it like dat by ignorin or clickin on dnt update or something when that pop comes out!
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by vokalguy(m): 12:34am On Aug 08, 2006
where did u purchase ur copy of windows?
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by Fdeveloper(m): 11:47am On Aug 08, 2006
@engr17, Unfortunately, this problem has nothing to do with the authenticity of the operating system as there are numerous documented incidents with people that have absolutely 100% genuine software.

It's caused by a bug in the validation application and we can only hope that Microsoft will fix the defect in due course.
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by avirji(m): 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2006
Thanks for all the advice guys. Sorry it took me a while to reply to the topic, i've been quite busy, Thank-you very much Fdeveloper for the useful info. Btw, i got my copy of windows XP pre-installed on my computer
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by Cactus(m): 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2006
win xp validation code blows, if u r trying to do a win update, or download from micosoft.com ask some to check for validatioin on their computer and tell them to give you the code, just copy and paste that on microsoft.com and ur problems solved
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by avirji(m): 4:47am On Nov 28, 2006
um, would u mind being a bit clearer (no offense) [cactus]
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by Neoteny(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2006
first, i dont trust windows automatic updates, and i never will. half the crap it installs in my computer are unknown to me, and a lot are ActiveX controls which i trust far less than i trust the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. i run off a pirated windows but thankfully i can change my product key at will, and i've a workaround to install most of the free downloads from MS downloads center. most of the sites that deal with the WGA bug tell you how to wade through your system and remove wga.exe, legitlib.dll, wgalogon.dll. but windows never allows me to delete them from the system folder. so what i did initially was to format my system (which i was meaning to do anyway as my shellpacks had screwed with explorer) but there's a site that details how to rename the perps in the system32 folder. here's the link:
http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Windows-Genuine-Advantage-Notifications

you can check digg or del.icio.us for tons of other methopds to disable WGA.
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by utotomi(m): 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2006
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by swing4real(m): 11:32am On Dec 22, 2006
I have the same problem for more than 4 weeks now, I told my friend who installed my pc about it, he told me i should not worry about it as long as it does not prevent me from accessing any page i want to but i am still worry about it, is there any problem if i dont get the genuine one?
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by Drusilla(f): 6:41am On Dec 23, 2006
Thanks
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by donmayor(m): 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2006
If you are sure your windows XP is pirated do not complain about the checks microsoft makes to protect their business. Agreed, there are problems with microsft validation but bringing it to the Nigerian context a huge percentage of Nigerians don't have a licensed copy of windows XP and thats probably what he is complaining about or he tried to genuinize his windows XP illegally.
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:58am On Dec 27, 2006
well majority of nigerians don't even know that what they are doing is wrong as for me i don't like windows i prefer ubuntu linux windows is like me punishing myself.
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by hayprof(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2006
well majority of nigerians don't even know that what they are doing is wrong as for me i don't like windows i prefer ubuntu linux windows is like me punishing myself.

Abeg Shut Up jare, U don reach here with ur Ubuntu thigny angry wink
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by adewaleafolabi(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2006
ahmed u r looking for trouble o. Anyway i'll do as if i didn't hear that. In case u hear from mr tomi tell him a seriously angry at him.and he should call me
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by Saddam: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2006
Guy, Ubuntu or what ever, Isnt a Better Platform for lots of softwares and hardwares as far as am concerned,

I Still could remember asking someone in the Linux Forum of N/L about how to do the Configuration Settings For Starcomms Hauwei Phone Set and uptill date no response,
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by hayprof(m): 11:10pm On Dec 28, 2006
Guy, Ubuntu or what ever, Isnt a Better Platform for lots of softwares

Abi tell am O. None of them is yet to convince me neither angry
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:00am On Dec 29, 2006
i could tell you how even a guy on nairaland uses starcomms. not all hardware works on linux but majority do work and with new programs like ndswrapper your hardware problem is over. i know some linux forums don't respond on time but try ubuntuforums.org and even post your windows problem they respond quickly. the feeling of community respect etc thats why i use linux windows doesn't care about its users wait till u see what vista would do to you with all its drm
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 02, 2007
ubutomi,

thanks for that solution man, it worked like magic. How on earth did you get to know stuff like that. U bad oh

sha really thanks a lot cos u've given me a good start dis year.
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by Cactus(m): 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2007
anyone finding it difficult with windows xp validation, just get someone with a good machine to generate the code for u and voila u r done.

To everyone out there, in regards to Windows Vista, though it is graphically enticing, it is just a mixture of windows 2003 server pro, linux kernel and Mac OS X. doesnt worth it to upgrade because it is not improving your productivity.

never ever upgrade until it has being fully clarify that the vista security features have being fully cracked,

Open Source Rox
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by delarontus(f): 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2007
@utotomi: You're a genius, thanks a lot! kiss
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2007
@cactus thats true open source rocks beryl,compiz, has accomplished all those eye candy vista is coming with and more so the most themed platform is still linux wait till they see kde 4
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by hayprof(m): 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2007
@cactus thats true open source rocks beryl,compiz, has accomplished all those eye candy vista is coming with and more so the most themed platform is still linux wait till they see kde 4.

-Not You Again angry cheesy
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:03am On Jan 13, 2007
@hayprof what do u mean by that? anyway have u gotten a new backup software?
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by hayprof(m): 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2007
My recovery disk shuld av been delivered to an addy in the US, i jst av to wait 4 it to arrive frm there.
Adewale, d instlux didnt work o, wheneva i re-boot my pc it pops up wit an uninstal window. -Sup?
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2007
no i don't think it was to do that o. can u still boot into windows successfully?
Re: Windows XP Validation Failure by avirji(m): 1:30am On Jan 15, 2007
Oh wow, thank-you everyone for the great replies,

The bad part:

My computer's busted, but anyway, thanks for all your help! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sony Makes The Best Laptops / London used Macbook Pro 2013 laptop in Abuja | Kaduna for 200,000 >>>[SOLD √√√√] / How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.