Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

African Americans Lack Values And Culture - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Americans Lack Values And Culture (11658 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by KarmaMod(f): 6:53am On Jan 12, 2009
girl22:

@karmamod white people never gave us a damn thing. blacks were not permitted of getting an education or buying houses. blacks have to hunt for food and build houses for sheltor. white americans have never given us anything. what makes you think they will opress us and then help us?

pick up a book called "Self Taught: How African Americans made it" do you even read up on african americans history?

no you don't.

Is this a joke? Who's providing you with welfare, EBT cards, WIC checks, Section 8 housing, etc. Think if you didnt have such you'd be better off than citizens of 3rd world countries? Dream On.

Care to tell why black americans are so "religious" yet constantly having kids out of wedlock, the stats are increasing by the way esp in the South.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 12, 2009
KarmaMod:

Is this a joke? Who's providing you with welfare, EBT cards, WIC checks, Section 8 housing, etc. Think if you didnt have such you'd be better off than citizens of 3rd world countries? Dream On.

Care to tell why black americans are so "religious" yet constantly having kids out of wedlock, the stats are increasing by the way esp in the South.

na wao!! Aren't we religious in Nigeria? don't we have millions of kids who don't know there parents? Tinubu, our former governor was one!!. Please. please please!! we get as much yawa as them. Let them be abeg!!!
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by C2H5OH(f): 1:24am On Jan 13, 2009
9jaganja:

na wao!! Aren't we religious in Nigeria? don't we have millions of kids who don't know there parents? Tinubu, our former governor was one!!. Please. please please!! we get as much yawa as them. Let them be abeg!!!
9jaganja:

Challenge her to have a brain, not to mention an ounce of objectivity and a soul. And that goes for the rest .
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by girl22(f): 3:56am On Jan 14, 2009
9jaganja:

Stop lying too will ya? Hope you do.
Just lying to promote that victim mentality won't prove anything here.
Let it go will ya? I hope you will. Hunt where? New York? hahahaha please. Just let it slide like a hmmm I'm not gon complete that cause I think it's too dirty grin

how am i lying? how am i providing victim mentality? i said thats not true white people just gave us opportunities. which is what karmamod said.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by SeanT21(f): 4:21am On Jan 14, 2009
KarmaMod:

The Governemnet is the one providing it.~~Its the government Job to provide it~~

Poor Whites,Hispanics and Blacks benefits from those things.What point R U trying to make?

Nigeria is a christian nation but look at what goes on in that place.HYPOCRITE!!
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by C2H5OH(f): 4:25am On Jan 14, 2009
SeanT21:

The Governemnet is the one providing it.~~Its the government Job to provide it~~

Poor Whites,Hispanics and Blacks benefits from those things.What point R U trying to make?

Nigeria is a christian nation but look at what goes on in that place.HYPOCRITE!!
Damn,
You spit fire.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 14, 2009
SeanT21:

Nigeria is not a Christian nation. She's a religiously diverse nation.

I think that was deservedr by the way wink
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 4:35am On Jan 14, 2009
yea impossibly diverse religiously (more muslim than xtian jus for ur info)
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by btrue(f): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2009
People, when will we rise above this Despite of what happened in the past with our ancestors arriving on this land, No matter what , we all are brothers and sisters. AA had to adjust to what was before us at the time. Not only fight for our rights but also for fairness and equality. For those Africans with nice executive/social status jobs here in America, guess what, you wouldn't be sitting in that corner office with the nice window view if it wasn't for the AA civil right leaders. It wasn't all based on your degree received at the prestigious "white-"man University, or BCU tongue. So why stone us as if we are worthless and mean nothing. What do you think of when you think of America? Freedom. Oppurtunity. ?

There will always be people who take advantage of the "government"system. There will always be poor people who need the benefits of the "government" system.

How could you feel that one race is better than the other? You will always have the good with the bad. Do we look down on Africans coming over trying to get papers the unlawfully way? Do we think that we are better than the African cab driver in NYC? Guess what, in America eyes, we are all looked at the same way. No matter what race, age, or social status you are. The same Caucasian/Hispanic/Chinese man that get into that taxi driven by the African gives him the same respect as he would give any other stranger, regardless of his race. Yeah, some would ask me where do I live and what do I see on a day to day basis. I live in a normal world. I do not walk around with a tip on my shoulder and hold such stigma on my heart. You are the baggage that you carry. So if you think that way everything else in your life will be negative. You will not be able to see things clearly shocked Educated or not!

Why are we pressing backwards? Allowing statics and old school "hypocritical" beliefs to make up the AA population. If you beg to differ about how we do not strive for education and not using our resources, That's truly what you believe in and that is great, i definitely agree. But please act accordingly if you are "educated". If you have knowledge and follow your religion , you would be able to put aside the idiotic sanctions about AA and any other race. God do not accept ignorance. For he died for us so that we all can have equal life and not have any of this nonsense to go on between us.

Why be so hasty? So what, we ended up here and we lost a lot of our identity. People learn how to adapt. God gave us that ability. That's exactly what happens when Africans come to America, they have to adapt to our way of life, that's why they never leave because for some reason they like the "free" country. I respect that they still keep some of their cultural beliefs but they tend to blend in with the rest of the AA. Why Because Everyone is created equal!!!!

On the contrary, the US schools do NOT teach our kids about the real Africa. The things on TV doesn't portray a real picture either. There is a lot of fault here. However, it is good to know that America is changing and our land will continue to be diverse. Taking the good with the bad. I pray to God that we will move forward and accept each other for who we are, where we come from, and were we are going= positive. wink
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2009
Why does every one want to blame the TV for their view on Africa? Why not blame their ignorance first? They show a village made up of just one hut yet the village has about 200 people. All living in one hut? Blame your ignorance first please!

The white man is exploiting Africa in all possible ways. You donate but what do you think the money is used for? To preach the "gospel" instead of help the so call poor people. They don't build schools, they build churches first but they complain the kids are not educated. If you want to help, sponsor and manage a project not donate money.

What did Oprah do? She built an elite style school for poor kids only. Not a church but a school to help educate the poor. All you see white people do is post TV ads of starving kids etc, They make millions off these projects. Where has the money been going? Don't tell me the millions you generate every year from kids in Africa can't solve the problem. The problem is you and a problem can never bring about solution.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Magz(m): 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2009
I don't lack values and culture. So stfu and do not speak for what you do not know.

Stupid sterotypical shit.

That's like saying: All Nigerians are poor, have AIDS, and are con-men.

w t f?? angry
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2009
Yeah the matter has been resolved long ago: AAs do not lack values and culture. Any African who thinks so is as ignorant as an AA who can't remotely guess where South Africa is on the map.

Educate yourselves. One love
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by btrue(f): 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2009
9jaganja Please stay on the subject. Why so bitter? Ignorance is totally different from being misinformed. Yeah we are quick to blame TV. Some people are just not aware of certain things. That's just like a white man watching his first AA or African girlfriend wrapping her hair at night for the first time. Not having being exposed to that ever before . Typically, when someone watches it on TV, they raise questions. My point was directly towards the projection of Africa on TV because they are not exposing all societies of life. We know that a village of 200 is not living out of one hut. That's very ignorant for you to say that. grin Please answer, why so bitter?
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 15, 2009
btrue:

9jaganja Please stay on the subject. Why so bitter? Ignorance is totally different from being misinformed. Yeah we are quick to blame TV. Some people are just not aware of certain things. That's just like a white man watching his first AA or African girlfriend wrapping her hair at night for the first time. Not having being exposed to that ever before . Typically, when someone watches it on TV, they raise questions. My point was directly towards the projection of Africa on TV because they are not exposing all societies of life. We know that a village of 200 is not living out of one hut. That's very ignorant for you to say that.  grin Please answer, why so bitter? 

Me? bitter ke? I make sugar taste like kola nut cheesy cheesy cheesy

What is it with people ignorantly using the word "ignorant"? undecided undecided undecided
I was talking about people's TV excuse for thinking Africa is a village. Yet you hear of people flying from all over Africa to the USA? Right under your noses in the US, an African man became the father of computing in the USA. He invented everything that makes computer easy to use. He was born and raised in Nigeria before he moved to the USA to further his education. Yet TV portray Africa as a village? I'm saying that the excuse of using TV as an excuse for ignorance is totally stupid. Now are you stupid? answer that. seriously, in context to what I just said, are you stupid? I don't think so cause you are about to come and do pounded yam in Nigeria. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No African can blame TV for the way they see AAs. We know of Marthin Luther, Malcolm X, Al sharpton, Oprah Winfrey, and many more. So we honestly don't use TV to describe y'all. Any African talking stupid about AAs is just plain ignorant and uneducated or an educated illiterate which is worst cause they can't be enlightened hahaha.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by btrue(f): 2:08am On Jan 15, 2009
9jaganja You crack me up grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Glad that you were able to answer your question directed at me, the stupid one, lol

Go back and read what you typed, I never said that I thought Africa was a village. That's hilarious !! Anyway, let us both us your advice and not use the term ignorant/ignorance. so loosely.

Never did I say once, that there were NOT great people from around the world that has contributed to world success (thanks to our education). But once again, you are off the subject. LOL This world is diverse. I'm glad that this brilliant Nigerian is allowing me to access my computer efficiently so that I can research and make sure my pounded Yam is on point grin

Once again. There is no competition. We are all equal. We have our own values and beliefs. Lets focus on uplifting and educating each other. Oh, by the way, thanks for the Nigerian history lesson. What's the name of this man? I would think that you would have mentioned his name. If you can't remember, I can google it. hahahaha grin
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 15, 2009
btrue:

9jaganja You crack me up grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Glad that you were able to answer your question directed at me, the stupid one, lol

Go back and read what you typed, I never said that I thought Africa was a village. That's hilarious !! Anyway, let us both us your advice and not use the term ignorant/ignorance. so loosely.

Never did I say once, that there were NOT great people from around the world that has contributed to world success (thanks to our education). But once again, you are off the subject. LOL This world is diverse. I'm glad that this brilliant Nigerian is allowing me to access my computer efficiently so that I can research and make sure my pounded Yam is on point grin

Once again. There is no competition. We are all equal. We have our own values and beliefs. Lets focus on uplifting and educating each other. Oh, by the way, thanks for the Nigerian history lesson. What's the name of this man? I would think that you would have mentioned his name. If you can't remember, I can google it. hahahaha grin

Philip Emeagwali. I typed the name in Firefox and it underlined it as wrong spelling. Only if Firefox knew that's the person who made it possible for it to operate.

I'd love to change this topic and erase all the stupid comments. Of course we are equal. Our women both have bubble behind and bread lips hmmmmm cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin. What do you have to say about black men? I'm not in position to say that. You know what to say wink wink
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by btrue(f): 4:49am On Jan 15, 2009
9jaganja Lol, that darn Foxfire tongue So funny, that's so true, bubble buts and Fantasia lips, haha. All good things wink As far as black men go. Yall all still the same. Play the same games sometimes just in a different way or manner. Not on here to bash any of my AA or Nigerian brothers. Bottom line, WOMEN ARE FROM MARS MEN ARE FROM VENUS!! So glad that I only have to get one man down to the science, not for sure if that is humanly possible tho. I can imagine what your outlook is on AA women, lipsrsealed lol
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 15, 2009
btrue:

9jaganja Lol, that darn Foxfire tongue So funny, that's so true, bubble buts and Fantasia lips, haha. All good things wink As far as black men go. Yall all still the same. Play the same games sometimes just in a different way or manner. Not on here to bash any of my AA or Nigerian brothers. Bottom line, WOMEN ARE FROM MARS MEN ARE FROM VENUS!! So glad that I only have to get one man down to the science, not for sure if that is humanly possible tho. I can imagine what your outlook is on AA women, lipsrsealed lol

Hahahaha. Why Venus? too hot abeg!! Maybe that's why we men are hot headed.

I've been out with AA women alot and I want to do it again but I'm engaged to a Jamaican. She got the love locked down(singing Kanye's song)! One of my best friend is AA and she's hot (while my girl is at melting point grin grin grin tongue). My outlook on women is general so I don't really have any different view on a women based on nationality or so. But like Dave Chapel said: I don't generalize but I do percentages. 80% of women are too demanding and are not so tolerant. !!! But I somehow wish a woman will rule the world though cause they have the coolest of hearts and are not really evil as men are. (except for 10%).
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by SeanT21(f): 5:17am On Jan 15, 2009
9jaganja:

I've been out with AA women alot and I want to do it again but I'm engaged to a Jamaican. She got the love locked down(singing Kanye's song)! One of my best friend is AA and she's hot (while my girl is at melting point grin grin grin tongue). My outlook on women is general so I don't really have any different view on a women based on nationality or so. But like Dave Chapel said: I don't generalize but I do percentages. 80% of women are too demanding and are not so tolerant. !!! But I somehow wish a woman will rule the world though cause they have the coolest of hearts and are not really evil as men are. (except for 10%).

~~~LMAO~~~
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by JJYOU: 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2009
right to hate
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 10, 2009
9jaganja:

And thatz an accomplishment?

See what greencard will make ppl do tongue
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by FowardEast(f): 7:45am On Aug 10, 2009
Because they dont their own history. Values and culture? I think the truth is right in front of us. I say us because I'm Half "black" american.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 10, 2009
I've so stopped being impressed by all these "I'm a dashdash dating a dashdash" types of relationships.

For Pete's sake, inter whatever dating and marriage has been going on for how long now? People are seeing their grandchildren from inter something unions but a new set of Nigerians continues to crop up every so often feeling its such a big deal that they're dating whichever type of whoever.

and have any of the unions fostered togetherness? Not that I can see. Thin ice is still the watchword.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 10, 2009
tpia.:

I've so stopped being impressed by all these "I'm a dashdash dating a dashdash" types of relationships.

For Pete's sake, inter whatever dating and marriage has been going on for how long now? People are seeing their grandchildren from inter something unions but a new set of Nigerians continues to crop up every so often feeling its such a big deal that they're dating whichever type of whoever.

and have any of the unions fostered togetherness? Not that I can see. Thin ice is still the watchword.

Abi o undecided
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by oyinda3(f): 11:57pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ topic it's just a stereotype. just like saying nigerians are 419 lol
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by girl22(f): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2009
FowardEast:

Because they dont their own history. Values and culture? I think the truth is right in front of us. I say us because I'm Half "black" american.

in the late 1500 the first africans were brought to america as indentured servants. by the 1600 it was turned into chattel slavery.

gospel music was formed by the african slaves by way of communicaton, then came blues, zydeco, cajun.
blacks in harlem stated the harlem rennasiance which gave birth to jazz, beebop ect.

despite the hardships of black americans they still managed to producs inventors that have invented carbon filament , light switch (edison did not invent shit), blood olasma machines, curling irons, electronic control devices ect.

due to racism blacks formed their own colleges and universities in which some of them outperformed ivy league schools in certain academic areas. there have been more black inventors/scientist from black schools than iny leagues.

values and culture. black americans have the same values as whites. hip hop does not define black americans. we have neo soul, r and b, jazz, house music, electronica, techno ect.

culture? where does the world get their modern music from? the hair do's people wear where did you get it from? the slang you use? the way you dress? the modern day dance moves people do.

black americans invented modern day culture to say the least. we do know our history and culture.

so stay out of black americans business
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by C2H5OH(f): 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2009
Lol @ girl22 and her history lessons. your posts are a delight to read.

girl22 are you still denial, trying to convince yourself that blacks are the inventors and rulers of everything?
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by bawomolo(m): 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2009
black americans invented modern day culture to say the least. we do know our history and culture.

congrats, be expecting your check for these achievements in neveruary grin
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by FowardEast(f): 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2009
girl22:

in the late 1500 the first africans were brought to america as indentured servants. by the 1600 it was turned into chattel slavery.

gospel music was formed by the african slaves by way of communicaton, then came blues, zydeco, cajun.
blacks in harlem stated the harlem rennasiance which gave birth to jazz, beebop ect.

despite the hardships of black americans they still managed to producs inventors that have invented carbon filament , light switch (edison did not invent shit), blood olasma machines, curling irons, electronic control devices ect.

due to racism blacks formed their own colleges and universities in which some of them outperformed ivy league schools in certain academic areas. there have been more black inventors/scientist from black schools than iny leagues.

values and culture. black americans have the same values as whites. hip hop does not define black americans. we have neo soul, r and b, jazz, house music, electronica, techno ect.

culture? where does the world get their modern music from? the hair do's people wear where did you get it from? the slang you use? the way you dress? the modern day dance moves people do.

so stay out of black americans business

Yet don't own anything. And why should I stay ot?
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by girl22(f): 4:16am On Aug 14, 2009
modern day slang "bling" "hater" 'cool"
breakdancing, krumping, popping, locking, swing, tap
which had influenced several dance styles in other cultures
jazz,pop,rock,electronica,house, techno has influenced all other people's music

neveruary is presentrary
how can we not have a culture and everybody is influenced by it?
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by girl22(f): 4:17am On Aug 14, 2009
C2H5OH:

Lol @ girl22 and her history lessons. your posts are a delight to read.

girl22 are you still denial, trying to convince yourself that blacks are the inventors and rulers of everything?

blacks invented the stuff invented i typed.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2009
Hmm, I thought ForwardWest was AA.

FowardEast:

Yet don't own anything. And why should I stay ot?
Don't mind that girl.
She's giving us their history, everybody has a history, what matters is what we have NOW.

Am still yet to understand the cultures that AA americans have cool

The thing is, girl22 and her likes, MandigoII, love to give NL the impression that AA are lavishing in America and that next to whites, they own America.

girl22:

Don't make claims if you can't back it up.

Better to shut it than to let the crabs go crawling, dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State. / What you need to know about Argungu Festival / Tiv, Wives Of Tiv(non Tiv Married To Tiv People), Friends of Tiv This Way Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.