Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Please What Do You All Feel About Halloween,the Mask Party - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please What Do You All Feel About Halloween,the Mask Party (816 Views)

Stolen Benin City Mask To Be Auctioned In London For N1.25b / Benin Bronze Mask / Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Do You All Feel About Halloween,the Mask Party by tommy2k2(m): 6:42am On Nov 14, 2008
The ancient Gaels believed that on October 31, now known as Halloween, the boundary between the living and the deceased dissolved, and the dead become dangerous for the living by causing problems such as sickness or damaged crops. The festivals would frequently involve bonfires, into which the bones of slaughtered livestock were thrown. Costumes and masks were also worn at the festivals in an attempt to copy the evil spirits or placate them,
i learnt its only four state that celebrated it in USA
Its about to be celebrated today in Akure, and it was sponsored by many company, on the poster,they said, STRICKLY FOR VIP, HMMM i dont know much about what the party is all about but i just felt its evil, please what else do u think about it, ?

Re: Please What Do You All Feel About Halloween,the Mask Party by iyeayo(f): 6:49am On Nov 14, 2008
very romantic grin
Re: Please What Do You All Feel About Halloween,the Mask Party by Raimond(m): 11:16am On Nov 14, 2008
It`s demonic.Subtle devil-worship tongue
Re: Please What Do You All Feel About Halloween,the Mask Party by inbox(m): 11:23am On Nov 14, 2008
HALLOWEEN IN 9JAH?
Re: Please What Do You All Feel About Halloween,the Mask Party by iice(f): 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2008
14 days later be their halloween?
Re: Please What Do You All Feel About Halloween,the Mask Party by nigboy(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2009
All I know is that it has a pagan origin
Re: Please What Do You All Feel About Halloween,the Mask Party by aggie80(f): 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2009
there is another thread that explains the holiday in detail. it is not demonic, the christian church labeled it as such and replaced it with all saints day durring roman expansion of christianity

(1) (Reply)

Say Something About Blue Jeans / Owu Kingdom History / Ooni Visits Alake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.