Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Frustrating Fuel Guage - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Frustrating Fuel Guage (1865 Views)

Why My Car Fuel Always Dropped From Fuel Guage / Is It True Dt Most Cars Ve Abt 10l Of Fuel d moment its Fuel Guage Turns Red / The Need To Have A Tyre Pressure Guage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frustrating Fuel Guage by osundu(m): 8:06am On Oct 19, 2014
My honda accord 2007 fuel guage is frustrating me.I had a fuel pump problem and I changed it.for a car that de fuel guage and pump is attached together,de fuel pump is ok but de guage is nt reading on de dashboard.de electrician tested de guage manually outside de tank but as soon as de guage enters de tanx it doesn't read.pls help me

1 Like

Re: Frustrating Fuel Guage by sammyyoung2(m): 8:39am On Oct 19, 2014
Find a better rewire
Re: Frustrating Fuel Guage by chillex8(m): 8:46am On Oct 19, 2014
osundu:
My honda accord 2007 fuel guage is frustrating me.I had a fuel pump problem and I changed it.for a car that de fuel guage and pump is attached together,de fuel pump is ok but de guage is nt reading on de dashboard.de electrician tested de guage manually outside de tank but as soon as de guage enters de tanx it doesn't read.pls help me

Are u sure its connected properly

If it is, then you have an earth-wire problem..

You should ask you Re-wire to run the earth wire from the fuel pump to your guage..

Cheers.
Re: Frustrating Fuel Guage by AutosBay(m): 8:59am On Oct 19, 2014
Fixing any of these listed below might solve the problem.

Wiring Problems

Located behind the dashboard, the Accord's gas gauge wiring is susceptible to disconnecting or becoming damaged. The wiring can be checked for problems by taking the dashboard apart and visually inspecting the gas gauge wiring. If damaged, the wires need to be soldered or replaced.

Fuel Sending Unit

Part of the fuel sending unit is a stainless steel finger which slides along a copper rod to determine the amount of gas in the car. Over time, the stainless steel finger becomes worn out and can cause zero readings. Replacing the fuel sending unit will fix the problem.

Gas Tank Topping

Honda Accord's fuel gauge accuracy is dependent on the proper use of the gas since it is based on the readings from the fuel sending unit. Constantly filling the gas to the very top of the gas tank, or topping off, causes the gas gauge to give zero information.
Re: Frustrating Fuel Guage by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07am On Oct 19, 2014
osundu:

Get a new electrician. grin
Re: Frustrating Fuel Guage by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:19am On Oct 19, 2014
osundu:

simple why dont you swap around the sender from the none working pump to the pump which is now in the car ?

are the pumps the same ?
Re: Frustrating Fuel Guage by osundu(m): 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
@autosbay,pls where is fuel sending unit in de tank?@zimdrill,I did de swab

1 Like

Re: Frustrating Fuel Guage by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Get a new electrician. grin

Before you cause permanent damage to your ecm Get a new electrician. Signals from the fuel sender go to the ECM directly!!!
Re: Frustrating Fuel Guage by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
osundu:
de electrician tested de guage manually outside de tank but as soon as de guage enters de tanx it doesn't read.pls help me

If the gauge reads normally when the tank sender is outside the tank, this would suggest the sender float / arm is NOT moving freely. The float is either catching on the side of the tank, due to incorrect orientation.

Or the float is trapped by the wiring, so stuck in the "dropped" (empty) position. Take your car to a reputable garage, and quit using the El Cheapo roadies.
Re: Frustrating Fuel Guage by sultaan(m): 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
Siena:

If the gauge reads normally when the tank sender is outside the tank, this would suggest the sender float / arm is NOT moving freely. The float is either catching on the side of the tank, due to incorrect orientation.

Or the float is trapped by the wiring, so stuck in the "dropped" (empty) position. Take your car to a reputable garage, and quit using the El Cheapo roadies.

Just what I thought, If the mech can show you it is working outside the tank how can it be a wiring issue when inside the tank?

I have stopped being sorry for uninformed owners now I root for the mechanics who happen to be the smarter of the lot evolution in play.
Fuel filter dirty , change pump, misfire, change pump that guarantee a returning money bag.

(1) (Reply)

2015 Honda Legend Revealed (With Pictures) / Do You Know Why The Headrest Of Car Seats Are Deliberately Kept Detachable? / Where Is The Best Place To Buy Fairly Used Car In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.