Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians (3291 Views)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Federal Government-boko Haram Ceasefire Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 19, 2014
Posted by: Abdulgafar Alabelewe, Kaduna

The opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) yesterday warned Nigerians to beware of the cease-fire agreement entered into by the Federal Government and Boko Haram, saying that it could be a deception to achieve cheap political points by the ruling party.

The party in communiqué issued at the end of its stakeholders meeting in Kaduna which was read by the APC Deputy National Chairman (North), Senator Lawal Shuaibu said the party was committed to the well-being of all Nigerians.

According to the communique, “The meeting notes reports that the federal government and Boko Haram are engaged in discussion that may result in cessation of hostilities. While it welcomes any effort to resolve the conflict, it advises against attempts to deceive Nigerians and create a false sense of security for political ends.

“Work closely and diligently with all members of the party across the country to ensure the ousting of the corrupt, disastrous and clueless Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government in the 2015 general elections.

“That the incoming APC government in 2015 will make security of life property of all citizens, respect for the rule of law and good governance its top most priority.

“To provide a level playing field to all those who aspire to contest for public office on the platform of the party through its internal democratic process.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/beware-of-fg-boko-harams-ceasefire-apc-tells-nigerians/
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Obinoscopy(m): 9:05am On Oct 19, 2014
It's obvious these guys are not after our wellbeing. They are just hell bent on taking over power. Every statement of theirs has to do with ousting the present government. They should be careful lest Nigerians would sense their desperation. I detest desperate politicians.

Thus far, I would say Atiku has been the most matured opposition politician I've observed. His twitter statement concerning the ceasefire deal/chibok girls negotiation is very matured. I hope his party alongside his fellow aspirants would tow his line

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
It's obvious these guys are not after our wellbeing. They are just hell bent on taking over power. Every statement of theirs has to do with ousting the present government. They should be careful lest Nigerians would sense their desperation. I detest desperate politicians.
Who won't want GEJ's administration out of aso rock come 2015? An administration that calls corruption ordinary stealing, makes friends with militants(asari dokubo) and BH sponsors(ali modu sherrif), can't find $20billion, shields corrupt politicians etc cannot and shouldn't be trusted with a second term. The Almighty God will disable GEJ's plans if he's trying to use the agony faced by the girls, their parents and their communities to score points politically.

18 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by eejo(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2014
Apc has no agenda for Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2014
Sound advise in the face of coming reports of recent attacks by those sons of the devil.

It's always good to erred on the side of caution.

9 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by NewNigeriaMind: 9:11am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

God kill all enemies of Nigerians.

Between pdp telling lies that there is a cease fire on which 24 hours later people are getting killed again in Borno and APC that is already telling the innocent people to be careful. which is more honorable. Is it the pdp that is telling you all is good when people are still being killed or APC that is warning you to be careful

Jonathians can lie for Africa.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

Thus far, I would say Atiku has been the most matured opposition politician I've observed. His twitter statement concerning the ceasefire deal/chibok girls negotiation is very matured. I hope his party alongside his fellow aspirants would tow his line

....what is wrong in advising people not to let down their guard in terms of maintaining their security routine?

I see no reason why people should assume that everything is ok yet and lower the security level.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by NewNigeriaMind: 9:13am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

They are not after your well being because they asked you to be careful.

but pdp that lied to you there is a ceasefire when there is non is after your well being.

i sorry for you.

9 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by imotondo(m): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2014
Seems APC is happy with all that have been happening to Nigeria all these while. I'm not happy with the way they criticize the efforts of the FG, not good for an opposition party that wants the general public to believe they're the long awaited Messiah.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by NewNigeriaMind: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2014
Jonathains are really morons.

it cant get worse than this.

what is wrong telling you to be careful and keep being on the alert.

because pdp said there is a cease fire means there is actually a ceasefire. pdp that has been telling lies since 1999.

morons full pdp supporters.

11 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by NewNigeriaMind: 9:18am On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=imotondo post=27266669]Seems APC is happy with all that have been happening to Nigeria all these while. I'm not happy with the way they criticize the efforts of the FG, not good for an opposition party that wants the general public to believe they're the long awaited Messiah. [/quote

see another silly talk. what is wrong telling people to be careful.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:
Jonathains are really morons.

it cant get worse than this.

what is wrong telling you to be careful and keep being on the alert.

because pdp said there is a cease fire means there is actually a ceasefire. pdp that has been telling lies since 1999.

morons full pdp supporters.

Are you just knowing that?

They all sounds sheepishly alike.....how else can you describe someone without a bright and secured future shouting GEJ till eternity?

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by ba7man(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2014
If only those killed in the recent Borno attack had heeded the warning not to let their guards down. cry

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by DONGOYARO1: 9:27am On Oct 19, 2014
The FG have been caught lieing again. There was never a ceasefire in the first place. The Haramites have just captured another town Abadam, killing the father of a former Borno speaker Ali Modu Goni and scores of innocent women, men and children
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Caseless: 9:28am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

We all know boko haram is a creation of PDP , they sure know how to tame the monster they created if they want to. They should stop deceiving Nigerians. How can you enter into a truce or ceasfire with something you have 'remote control' to?

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

but that's exactly what they are doing. Telling you to watch your back and not to be deceived.

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Adminisher: 9:31am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

Jonathan is the one after your wellbeing abi?. A clueless president that allowed BokoHaram to kill human beings like goats in the streets. The worst and most ineffectual president in the history of the third world. I still recall the last bombing in Abuja and a young Ibo girl in her early twenties, with the worst degree burns and she was still alive but dying slowly, shouting weakly, ..help me, help me. Is that the kind of man who should be governing human beings?. If the man wins again how are we going to face the world when they already know he is the worst African leader. All African country leaders have even started disrespecting Nigeria because of this man...mtcheww

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Obinoscopy(m): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

....what is wrong in advising people not to let down their guard in terms of maintaining their security routine?

I see no reason why people should assume that everything is ok yet and lower the security level.
Of course there's nothing wrong with being cautious. I never criticised the APC for saying that we should be careful. However it is wrong for the APC to have used this their ceasefire deal statement as another avenue to talk about the ousting of the present government.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by DONGOYARO1: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
but that's exactly what they are doing.
Half of Borno is still in the total control of the Haramites. Boko fighters are still massively camped at Gwoza hills, Sambisa forest and Mandara mountains.

Are we to beileve that the FG have brokered a truce with the Haramites when a large chunk of the Nigerian terrirotry is still with the insurgents?
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Caseless: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2014
DONGOYARO1:
The FG have been caught lieing again. There was never a ceasefire in the first place. The Haramites have just captured another town Abadam, killing the father of a former Borno speaker Ali Modu Goni and scores of innocent women, men and children
that ceasefire is a plot to give northeastern people a sense of relief and probably win votes for pdp, knowing too well that northeast is for the opposition. They knw that people frm that part of the country will celebrate anybody that bring the insurgency to an end, and pdp is trying to play its card well there.
They shall fail by God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

Like seriously?

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Of course there's nothing wrong with being cautious. I never criticised the APC for saying that we should be careful. However it is wrong for the APC to have used this their ceasefire deal statement as another avenue to talk about the ousting of the present government.

Of course politicians will always want to use all occasion to market their parties albeit in subtle manners.

Don't make it to look like it only the APC guilty of such antics.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Obinoscopy(m): 9:39am On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
but that's exactly what they are doing. Telling you to watch your back and not to be deceived.
They are not after your wellbeing. They are selling their market is all.

If my mechanic A repairs my car and I tell another mechanic B that my car seems good. Of course if mechanic B tells me to be careful there's nothing wrong with it, I'll know he's being concerned about my car wellbeing. If that car spoils, nobody would tell me to leave A for B. But if mechanic B tells me to leave A and come to him, then it means he's just been desperate to get my patronage. I'll flee from such.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by omenka(m): 10:00am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

Abegi, comot make we see road joor.

What is wrong in telling a people to be wary of the utterances of a government with a knack for failure??

What is wrong in telling a people to be wary of a government that denies contemplating an increase in the pump price of gasoline only to wake up to over 100% increase the next day as a new year's gift??

What is wrong in telling us to b e cautious about a government who told us the problem of inadequate electricity would be a thing of the past a year after its inauguration whereas we are still struggling with thesame issue??

What is wrong in telling a people not to trust in totality a government that said it would end insurgency in June of 2013 only for us to be grappling with the same problem to this day??

Is anything wrong in telling a people to be wary of a government that announced that all girls had been released (twice) only to come back and tell us the statement was made in error??

What exactly is wrong with that I ask

Even without being told, I am ALWAYS wary of whatever this satanic government does or says. I like positive news but don't give them any bear hugs when they come from Jonathan's admin. It is called cautious optimism.

8 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

Are you telling us categorically that all is well? We should forget about boko haram?

Should we hold you responsible for any life lost to bokoHaram from this moment on?

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by patrickmuf(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

Sounding like a novice here...

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

Are you telling us categorically that all is well? We should forget about boko haram?

Should we hold you responsible for any life lost to bokoHaram from this moment on?

Honestly....I used to think that Obinoscopy is a cut above the other PDP apologists.....that was a mistake on my part. They are all from the same wool.

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by drnoel: 10:07am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:

That's why it's so dangerous to have them get that power cos we Nigerians they are calling now will be relegated to the background, they will push us into the gutter when they have that power. I say, if they want that power they will have to proof their worth to Nigerians but in 2019. We will listen to them then. There is no vacancy in 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
What is the primary aim of a political party if not to win office

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by drnoel: 10:13am On Oct 19, 2014
TribalEAST:
Who won't want GEJ's administration out of aso rock come 2015? An administration that calls corruption ordinary stealing, makes friends with militants(asari dokubo) and BH sponsors(ali modu sherrif), can't find $20billion, shields corrupt politicians etc cannot and shouldn't be trusted with a second term. The Almighty God will disable GEJ's plans if he's trying to use the agony faced by the girls, their parents and their communities to score points politically.

Lol, this holier than holy attitudes of ur is uncalled for. We know the APC leaders, all criminals, brigands and cutthroats. We know their chieftains, all have benefited from our collective wealth so what is this bullshit u are talking about. U know and am sure u know cos we all know they won't do better if they cease power. They would do even worse. We all know Buharis mentality, history has shown us, has told us what he is. He will not rule this country again. Look in life we met people twice but People like Buhari should be met once not twice.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

Honestly....I used to think that Obinoscopy is a cut above the other PDP apologists.....that was a mistake on my part. They are all from the same wool.
Election is close, all these "i am neutral" people will start to showing their true colours.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2014
drnoel:

That's why it's so dangerous to have them get that power cos we Nigerians they are calling now will be relegated to the background, they will push us into the gutter when they have that power. I say, if they want that power they will have to proof their worth to Nigerians but in 2019. We will listen to them then. There is no vacancy in 2015.
As if your vote counts more than one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Demands Audit Report On Missing $20bn / Throw Back Picture Of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha / This Man Will Head PDP After May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.