Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? (21067 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by ojozie: 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2008
From experience, Axle (Back wheel drive)/ and 4 runners still remains the best rides for 9ja settings.With 2-3 months change of shaft and shocks if you reside anywhere around the southern and eastern part of our country, you will understand what this japanese people are demanding from you.They have very sleek and tempting to own cars but their troubles comes in grand style too.Since the japanese cars are more available and affordable to an extent, will advice a toyota camry 1997-till date for their ability and availability of parts, honda's for its fuel economy and luxury,Nissan maxima 1995 till date for its ability and fuel economy.Anytime, I'll stick with my Benz,BM's and any stuff with its drift at the back side dude.peace!!!
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by sultaan(m): 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2008
Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7l V8 with quadra-drive is unbeatable.
I just change the axle in mine.Cheap and eaassy.

Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by sultaan(m): 7:59pm On Mar 22, 2008
Re-assembled

Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Orimili(m): 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2008
sultaan:

Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7l V8 with quadra-drive is unbeatable.
I just change the axle in mine.Cheap and eaassy.

I agree. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8, and It has been very capable and inexpensive to service. Compared to other Jeeps, the Grand Cherokees are good with fuel consumption. From what I am told, Jeep engines can last as much as 300,000 to 400,000 miles with regular maintenance (oil change, etc)
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by fotodaddy: 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2008
Na wah o!!! grin

I don dey talk this thing tire. But here goes again: The taste of the pie is in the eating.

All those who are talking about Japanese car I have this question for you: How many of you have driven european cars in general and German cars in Particular?? If you do, you will come to an understanding that words cannot convey. Case closed.

All those talking about economy; you guys are not yet in our century. Hello!!! shocked This is 2008. All manufactures, American, European Japanese, Chinese etc make economic cars. We should only compare like with like. How can you compare the cost of running a 1980 504 with a 2006 Toyota Corrolla Or a 5.0 l truck from the states with you 2.0 l 1992 honda accord.

And for all those who have never driven a jeep; Dont make another post untill you do. Thats when you will know what the best car for our roads is.

And if you are still not sure after all that then try a bike grin

1 Like

Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by kuntash: 11:42am On Mar 25, 2008
This topic could be expanded a whole lot. however, Mo money kinda explained the criteria for judging this. from all the posts however; I think its based on the make of cars individual has and where he or she has driven it, I would attend to this topic this way, lets consider one of the busiest roads in Naija- (Lagos-2-The East) on a very busy period, on the 23rd of last yr 2007, from my last count I noticed whilst I travelled past that axis, lots of SUV's that collapsed on the way -(Hummer, and all kinda V8'Swink That is a typical naija road, the fact that your SUV can shuffle very well on 3rd mailand bridge & Ikorodu rd doesnt mean it can do well on a real Naija road- as for me, when I need to do serious and rugged driving/travelling, I use my 20yr old camry(Manual) - it hardly disappoints- while the newer model is for town, (I dont know if a Naija driver is in this forum- They might be in a better position to say which is best, but have u wondered why they often use peugeot & Toyotas till date?) wink
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by javante09(m): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2009
[size=8pt][size=8pt]Peugeot IS the king of the road,i have been using my sis 307 for two months now and its fantastic and rugged.Trust me [/size]
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by ChiChi77: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
Luxurious Buses are the only vehicles that can survive on Nigerian roads. grin

But u can never go wrong with a Toyota or a Benz.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Tbanks1: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
What about the New Model LEXUS cars. Do you think they can perform better on the east roads?
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Ifeoma26: 3:11pm On Feb 12, 2012
what about golf esp golf 2 and 3. Is it good interms of fuel economy, and ruggedness undecided
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 03, 2013
VW Golf 3 is a good option: its reliable, durable, fuel efficient, always gets you going wherever, whenever!
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Dereformer(m): 9:02am On Apr 03, 2013
I think vw vento is the most rugged ride for nigerian roads
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Advocatesam(f): 9:40am On Apr 03, 2013
Dereformer: I think vw vento is the most rugged ride for nigerian roads

Seconded

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can One Get SAE 5W30 Engine Oil Here In Nigeria...? / My Camry Gear Not Selecting / LAGBUS Accident On 3rd Mainland This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.