Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? (21053 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by buraimoh(m): 10:28am On Aug 03, 2006
Hi guys,

What model and type of car do you consider to be the best for use on Nigerian roads.

Please also bear in mind fuel efficiency and ruggedness. cool
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by whiz(m): 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2006
Peugeot - All models (Made for Nigerian Roads)

Honda - 90's models , Avoid civics.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by buchio7(m): 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2006
i will go for the peugeot especially the 504 and 505 series.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by dondele(m): 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2006
jeep(off road)
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by buchio7(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2006
u don buy tyre for jeep ? u would appreciate y peugeot is d best for nigeria. Mainteinance wise,fuel consumption in comparism to off-road vehicles makes it stand-out
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by OldGlory1(m): 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2006
Buchio7

What is the fuel KMPG or a 504 compared to an Accord. When did the Peugeot become an fuel efficient car? Can you tell us how you know this? KMPG=Kilometer per Gallon
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by gigitte(f): 5:50am On Aug 06, 2006
toyota
fuel efficiency
availability of spare parts
and of course 504 is king, tho it is pretty old lol
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by buchio7(m): 12:00am On Aug 07, 2006
Fact is dat toyota is a fuel efficient car. Most japanese cars are but in terms of ruggedness n ability to easily access parts the peugeot stands out.
Dese r basic things ppl knw if u drive regularly in nigeria
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by OldGlory1(m): 12:07am On Aug 07, 2006
Honda's make the most Fuel Efficient Cars including Hybrids, Electric ETC. Compare fuel standards of the Honda Model Line and their MPG Ratios.

MPG=Miles Per Gallon.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:55am On Aug 07, 2006
i think a jeep with a fence or cage grin built around it is very good for Nigeria, then all the okada people will always watch well well when them come near u

Okay i think Peugeot 505and504 are very good for Nigeria though not fuel efficient or any other effectient you are looking for because there is no single data to back it up, no safety rating no thing really special but they are quite durable wink (how comes 504 and 505 are only in Nigeria/Africa?)

Honda is another good car for Nigeria very strong and efficient
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by buchio7(m): 2:59pm On Aug 07, 2006
504 is in more african countries dan u know. , at least i can mention 2 (ghana n benin) in terms of ruggedness and parts availability,peugeot holds d ace for nigeria.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by OldGlory1(m): 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2006
Lolololol @ Buchio7

U are still digging that hole!! Keep on doing your thing and believing what you believe.Holds the ace my a$$.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by djcrucifix(m): 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2006
suv's generally and 4wd's too especially toyotas
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by buchio7(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2006
@OLD GLORY,

I AM NT SAYING IT 4 UR BENEFIT.IT IS PRETTY OBVIOUS IF U DRIVE IN LAGOS/P.H. N NT IN CHOCOLATE CITY U.S.A.(is dat a real place).
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by OldGlory1(m): 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2006
I have driven in Lagos,PH, Abj and i do not think that the 504 holds it's own. Yes Chocolate city is a real place, i live here. It is just like calling PH the Garden City or Calabar=Canaan City ETC. It is also obvious you have never driven an SUV before. You own a 504 that does it all for you right? You might need to upgrade my friend.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by buchio7(m): 8:09pm On Aug 07, 2006
Thank you for ur words of encouragement. as i said earlier it shws u out 4 wat u r.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by drtess(f): 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2006
Guys, guys, lets be mature adults and stick to the topic.
No more "IN your Face" talk okay!!!! embarassed shocked

Now back to the topic, smiley
For rough roads i would go for a Jeep any day. cool

For smoooth roads and bearing in mind the cost of fuel, i'll go for fuel efficient cars like Toyota or any other good japanese cars. cool

For ruggedness and cars that are durable, i'll go for a volvo. cool

But if i have to put everything together then i'll just have to find a japanese made jeep both for fuel efficiency and use on rough roads. cool wink

Cheers!!!
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2006
truck, van, akoto, buses.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Oracle(m): 2:44am On Aug 17, 2006
Benz, benz benz
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by LoverBwoy(m): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2006
Oracle:

Benz, benz benz

what model is best for Nigerian Roads not which is popular grin

mubowa:

truck, van, akoto, buses.

Yes o
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by momoney1(m): 12:38am On Aug 22, 2006
All model, all type, all kind, even all product cos Nigeria got all kind of roads. if u go to the Niger Delta region please i will

advice you to go with a Toyota Hilux. and if you stay in Abuja and you have money to buy Lamborghini, Ferrari, or

mustang please do so if possible race and kill yourself, and if you stay in Lagos and Port Harcourt where you have both

good, bad and lenghty roads less i forget holdup, you can go for SUVs and fuel efficient cars, but please if you are going

to Aba, Onisha etc. i advise you look for a way to get an EXECUTIVE MUOLUE or betterstill meet them to customize

EXECUTIVE EKWELOBIA for you cos you have to jump plenty of pot holes, dishes, and plenty of dust and bad smell. As

our name implies "GIANT OF AFRIKA" we have all good and bad in us, may God continue to bless us with all these.

giant of Afrika kho
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by samm(m): 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2006
Mo Money- You have nailed it!!!!!!!!!!! End of Story!
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Ushersx(m): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2006
I would say 504,505,honda halla nd regular benz 230.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Ushersx(m): 11:40pm On Sep 08, 2006
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Ushersx(m): 11:41pm On Sep 08, 2006
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Ushersx(m): 11:45pm On Sep 08, 2006
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Ushersx(m): 2:01am On Sep 09, 2006
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Panache(m): 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2006
Try driving an Isuzu Rodeo or Trooper on Nigerian roads and u will know that it's a match made in heaven.
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Oracle(m): 2:12am On Sep 28, 2006
LoverBwoy:

what model is best for Nigerian Roads not which is popular grin

Benz is still for nigeria too, isn't it?
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Stealthy(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2006
Usherx,

Are u trying to be funny with ur post or just plain demented? Why hit the "Reply (Click Once, Then Wait)" button 5 times?
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Roscodaddy(m): 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2006
You fit drive danfo,molue,911,vanagon, grin grin grin
Re: What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2007
molue, akoto, budozer, agbariko, kakaka trailer, katapilar, danfo, keke napep, oko oke okada and bicycle

(1) (2) (Reply)

Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump / Where Can One Get SAE 5W30 Engine Oil Here In Nigeria...? / Mercedes Announces Two New Special Editions Of The G - Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.