Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom - Jobs/Vacancies (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom (2431337 Views)

Jobs/Vacancies Section Directory! / Most Kinds Of People In Nairaland's Jobs/vacancies Section / Using The Nairaland Jobs/Vacancies Section: Rules & General Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (1490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Jamean(f): 7:16am On Oct 05, 2015
ednut1:
one word i dont wanna hear ' marriage'. Money on my mind o

after you chase the money and get a good tonne of it.. what happens next

after you get to an enviable height in career.. what next

we say somethings jokingly but we subconsciously build our live around it.

I as well as a lady plan to build a career to be reckoned with in the near future but I have marriage in view.. not because I am a lady but because the top is really lonely without a partner..

i currently have a senior friend in this situation. trust me, you don't want to know what it feels like.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Jamean(f): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2015
the amiable mynd44

it's a pleasure to have you here.. as regards your need for a gf.. there are wonderful ladies here. wink

enjoy!
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Mynd44: 7:23am On Oct 05, 2015
Jamean:

I as well as a lady plan to build a career to be reckoned with in the near future but I have marriage in view.. not because I am a lady but because the top is really lonely without a partner..

i currently have a senior friend in this situation. trust me, you don't want to know what it feels like.
And for some reason you seem to believe a woman cant be happy or will be lonely if single?

You're funny
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by ednut1(m): 7:30am On Oct 05, 2015
Jamean:

cheesy angry lemme o
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by hahn(m): 7:33am On Oct 05, 2015
Mynd44:

And for some reason you seem to believe a woman cant be happy or will be lonely if single?

You're funny

Even a man can't be happy if he is single and successful undecided

Everyone needs someone
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Mynd44: 7:37am On Oct 05, 2015
hahn:

Everyone needs someone

Hahahahahaha...

Only you can make yourself happy and not someone else. Your happiness does not depend on whether or not you are single or married or engaged. You can be single and fulfilled and you can be married and fulfilled.

Heck, you can be married, your spouse goes to work for just 5 hours each day and still be one of the loneliest people in the planet. You can be married and very unhappy.

It is your mentality that matters most. Invest your tine in things that you find meaningful, learn to serve others and put your energy to things that will lead to a better society and see how fulfilled you will be instead of trying to find happiness in the arms of another human being who is perhaps a very unhappy person before.

Wait, what do I even know? cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Jamean(f): 7:47am On Oct 05, 2015
Mynd44:

You're funny

yes. it's never complete except God has given you grace for celibacy.

I have grown up with a number of them. Even presently. the mood swings and replacing late working hours with supposed family time.

You don't know how beautiful a woman's day could be like after the tender touch of her liver in the morning. Same for a man.

let's stop living in denial

Maybe because we are younger now

2 Likes

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Mynd44: 7:50am On Oct 05, 2015
Jamean:

I have grown up with a number of them. Even presently. the mood swings and replacing late working hours with supposed family time.

You don't know how beautiful a woman's day could be like after the tender touch of her liver in the morning. Same for a man.

let's stop living in denial

Maybe because we are younger now
EL-OH-EL
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by hahn(m): 8:01am On Oct 05, 2015
Mynd44:

Hahahahahaha...

Only you can make yourself happy and not someone else. Your happiness does not depend on whether or not you are single or married or engaged. You can be single and fulfilled and you can be married and fulfilled.

Heck, you can be married, your spouse goes to work for just 5 hours each day and still be one of the loneliest people in the planet. You can be married and very unhappy.

It is your mentality that matters most. Invest your tine in things that you find meaningful, learn to serve others and put your energy to things that will lead to a better society and see how fulfilled you will be instead of trying to find happiness in the arms of another human being who is perhaps a very unhappy person before.

You are correct. But everyone needs someone
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Mynd44: 8:03am On Oct 05, 2015
hahn:

You are correct. But everyone needs someone
Everyone needs someone but not necessarily a romantic relationship or marriage. That's where we get it wrong
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by cc150615(f): 8:12am On Oct 05, 2015
Mynd44:

Hahahahahaha...

Reminds me of the book: 'Single, Sassy nd Successful' or so, not sure of the last Word
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by cc150615(f): 8:22am On Oct 05, 2015
Don't get me twisted Love is a beautiful thing nd so are both romantic relationship and marriage but ppl should just not make it look like my happiness depends on it...I used to say I like to get married wen I'm 24 (to answer the OP) and I still do, but I won't kill myself if I find I'm not ready at that time nd I won't let anybody put pressure on me to get married no matter my age, marriage should come wen I'm sure I'm ready for it cos marriage itself is a full time job, nd offcos when I've found someone also ready and dt I'm willing to go dt journey with not just someone I will manage....i hope that answers it.....
And to the other issue,no matter a woman's age...women should learn to be happy single women no matter their age nd not let ppl keep making u feel bad cos you're still single at that age, I know you'll say it's cos I've not been there but the writer of Diva principles is 'overage' single and happy...like Mynd44 said: if you're not a happy single, you can never be happy married cos marriage isn't party jollof rice that automatically makes you happy...Joyce Meyer says that all the time....
So please enjoy ur singlehood no matter how long it lasts and whenever marriage comes, enjoy it tooo...
I don write epistle this early Monday morning, okbye.

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by TheRealAdonye(m): 8:24am On Oct 05, 2015
Glory to God!!!!

Jamean:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by TheRealAdonye(m): 8:26am On Oct 05, 2015
So that means lipsrsealed
*runs away*
cc150615:
I used to say I like to get married wen I'm 24 (to answer the OP) and I still do,

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by TheRealAdonye(m): 8:27am On Oct 05, 2015
We thank God for the grace to Highlight..

Praise Jehovah!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by cc150615(f): 8:27am On Oct 05, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
So that means lipsrsealed
*runs away*

I'm 90percent sure ur guess is wrong
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Jamean(f): 8:40am On Oct 05, 2015
cc150615:
Don't get me twisted Love is a beautiful thing nd so are both romantic relationship and marriage but ppl should just not make it look like my happiness depends on it...I used to say I like to get married wen I'm 24 (to answer the OP) and I still do, but I won't kill myself if I find I'm not ready at that time nd I won't let anybody put pressure on me to get married no matter my age, marriage should come wen I'm sure I'm ready for it cos marriage itself is a full time job, nd offcos when I've found someone also ready and dt I'm willing to go dt journey with not just someone I will manage....i hope that answers it.....
And to the other issue,no matter a woman's age...women should learn to be happy single women no matter their age nd not let ppl keep making u feel bad cos you're still single at that age, I know you'll say it's cos I've not been there but the writer of Diva principles is 'overage' single and happy...like Mynd44 said: if you're not a happy single, you can never be happy married cos marriage isn't party jollof rice that automatically makes you happy...Joyce Meyer says that all the time....
So please enjoy ur singlehood no matter how long it lasts and whenever marriage comes, enjoy it tooo...

I am happy as a single person so I plan to share the happiness with someone in the near future under the bond of marital commitment...God has made us to "need" a help meet..not "want" a help meet.

I can assure you that when that need for a companion finally sets in...the money, long hours at work, vacation to the greenland, staying with friends and family won't give 100% satisfaction.

Find a partner who shares most of your values..don't bend this rule for any reason..otherwise it is the bedrock of marital failure.

Well, this is my opinion..it is as valid as that of any other person..so I rest my case undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2015
wroskian:
shocked shocked

Lepagirl good evening wink

Abi na.

Cos marriage these days na God's grace. Even when you feel you gat everything covered (enough money, the supposed right age, good partner, what have you), something just goes wrong. I'm not saying in all cases tho.

Every marriage is different sha.

How you take know say I be lepa? I'm very big o. lol

Good morning.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2015
Lero15:

Lol. Coman explain that spoiling market ooo grin

Yes na. I mean make you no carry your wahala give another person.

Morning.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 05, 2015
Lero15:

Hehe. Beau, easy on me o.
Na question I ask.
Of course you have money in mind too.
But most of us didn't answer my question.

I'm talking age.

That's the point, no appointed age. To each his/ her own. I know an 18year old girl who got married to an average 30-something year old guy. She swears she is enjoying the marriage.

I know another lady who got married at 20 to a rich guy twice her age, after years of marriage, she still regrets. She is a very comfortable young woman o.

As for me, marriage is definitely on my mind. I'm with Jamean on her stand here.

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 05, 2015
Lero15:

I get you, but I still insist that age is a cogent factor
It's factor when it comes to menopause and other issues. .
But I don't believe there's a right age to get married. . Time is right when you find someone you're compatible with. .
we may have our individual desired age of marriage but that doesn't make it the 'right age'... There's no right or wrong age.. smiley
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 05, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
We thank God for the grace to Highlight..

Praise Jehovah!!!
grin grin grin grin

Na 'youngies' full here na cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2015
hahn:

Everyone needs someone
So right. .
For catholics, that was the topic of bible readings yesterday. ..
No matter how successful, how big, whatever, you need someone, you need a companion, you need a helpmate.. However, you've to be careful to choose the right person.

At a point in life, career etc will be meaningless to you without a family to call your own.. That's just the truth. .

Marriage is a wonderful thing which everyone should naturally desire...Desperation to get married, (which leads to making the wrong choice) is what should be discouraged...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by cc150615(f): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2015
MarvellousGod:
So right. .
For catholics, that was the topic of bible readings yesterday. ..
No matter how successful, how big, whatever, you need someone, you need a companion, you need a helpmate.. However, you've to be careful to choose the right person.

At a point in life, career etc will be meaningless to you without a family to call your own.. That's just the truth. .

Marriage is a wonderful thing which everyone should naturally desire...Desperation to get married, (which leads to making the wrong choice) is what should be discouraged...
Exactly my point, especially wen the reason for the desperation is cos everybody around thinks you're overage...nd I agree with everything u said up there

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2015
cc150615:

Exactly my point, especially wen the reason for the desperation is cos everybody around thinks you're overage...nd I agree with everything u said up there
That's Nigeria for you. . Really not cool.. sadly some of our parents als contribute to the desperation. ..

My mum dey question me on why I never wan get pregnant. She thinks my reason doesn't make sense.. I don tell am make she come carry the belle for me na .. They wan make I become permanent housewife grin grin

It's all up to God though. . I have told Him to take me at His own pace.. He alone knows the future. ..

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by benELOHIM7(m): 10:20am On Oct 05, 2015
I have never felt so low in my life before. I cant afford basic things I need because I have no source of income. My self esteem is draining rapidly because of some kind of jobs I've done, from washing cars for my neighbors to filling their gas cylinders. I have assisted a friend in his laundry business. I couldnt save because the return was too meagre.
I am a graduate of chemical/petrochemical engineering, rivers state university of science and technology. I am proficient in AUTOCAD and have a fair knowledge of P&ID. I gained experience in teaching while teaching my colleagues in university. I can teach physics, mathematics, biology and chemistry in secondary school.
Please I need help from you well meaning Nigerians. It is a dog's life I am leading right now. Help me my people!

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by cc150615(f): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2015
MarvellousGod:
That's Nigeria for you. . Really not cool.. sadly some of our parents als contribute to the desperation. ..

My mum dey question me on why I never wan get pregnant. She thinks my reason doesn't make sense.. I don tell am make she come carry the belle for me na .. They wan make I become permanent housewife grin grin

It's all up to God though. . I have told Him to take me at His own pace.. He alone knows the future. ..

God always knows best dearie, I was just discussing with someone yesterday that ppl should learn to mind their own business, I can even understand parents but all these oda gbeborun ppl, anyway God'll always lead us aright nd also wisdom is needed when trying to convince parents on some decision specially one a delicate as dt...
In th end na Godwin
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by singlefade25(f): 10:56am On Oct 05, 2015
cc150615:
I love this......will you marry my brother, since jamean dey do shakara.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by singlefade25(f): 10:58am On Oct 05, 2015
Jamean:

I am happy as a single person so I plan to share the happiness with someone in the near future under the bond of marital commitment...God has made us to "need" a help meet..not "want" a help meet.

I can assure you that when that need for a companion finally sets in...the money, long hours at work, vacation to the greenland, staying with friends and family won't give 100% satisfaction.

Find a partner who shares most of your values..don't bend this rule for any reason..otherwise it is the bedrock of marital failure.

Well, this is my opinion..it is as valid as that of any other person..so I rest my case undecided
I love you...no homo
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by singlefade25(f): 11:11am On Oct 05, 2015
Jamean:

babe, my brother is still waiting o.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2015
Sugarpikin....am sure u should be on page 50 by now. Keep reading till you catch up then u fit comment appropriately grin

As for the marriage discourse, Not all are mean't to be married!!! The bible says "it is not good" for a man to be alone. That connotes a suggestion that it would be best you have a partner but it is not really compulsory
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Jamean(f): 11:27am On Oct 05, 2015
singlefade25:
babe, my brother is still waiting o.

singlefade25:
I love this......will you marry my brother, since jamean dey do shakara.

You are confused undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (1490) (Reply)

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.