Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? (1970 Views)

She Was Asked To Masturbate In Exchange For An Interview Invite / Thank God For Saving Me From This 419 Company. / Is This 419 Job Advert? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by Eustace: 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2006
Could This Be 419?

Dear Nairalanders,
i need your assistance to this Question. i applied for a job i saw on the internet with last night and just this morning they wrote me and said that i have interview on the 12th of August in Lagos, that while coming i should come with N850 if i am a Bsc or HND holder and N1500 for MBA/MSC holders, which they called processing fee. please Nairaland users, could this be real. how can a good consulting firm ask an applicant to pay money to them knowing fully well that he is a fresh graduate and unemployed.
please i need your advice before i run into 419ners. i hereby send a copy of the mail for your analysis.
don-meks

[THE LETTER READS AS FOLLOWS
You have been shortlisted and invited for interview on 12TH Of August
2006 at
our office at number 53, Western Avenue Ojuelegba Bus stop by young
shall grow park lagos by 10am prompt.

Tel, 08034881922 or 08023132886

You are required to come with the following:

1. Writing materials,one passport photograph and copies of credentials.

2. All applicants applying with B.sc,HND,OND,SSCE and equivalent are
required to come with N850(one thousand naira) for processing
fee,while
MBA,MSC and equivalent are to come with N1050 ( one thousand five
hundred naira only).

3. For candidates outside lagos he or she must arrange for
accomodation.

4. Print this Email and come along with it,because this stands as an
invitation letter.

Thanks yours truly,
Human Resources Manager.

For futher enquiry please call 08034881922 or 08023132886
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by emenike(m): 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2006
my dear they will take your money i send you to firm that will tell you that they do not have any space for you please it has happened to me b/4 so stay clear of such
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by Hardware(m): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2006
Eustace,
My friend, they are just hungry people ,they don't have any job to offer you. They will conduct one '' arumoje'' (fake) test for you and send you to one place. Dont mind them , i am not advise you to go bc u will just waist your money. They're unfaithful advitiser.
This is HARDWARE fo u
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by option4301(m): 2:16pm On Aug 03, 2006
it could be a recruiting agency
If you can sacrifice the 850 box,good and fine.But if not 4get man.
Most recruiting agencies ask for processing fee smiley
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by bomega4u(m): 2:24pm On Aug 03, 2006
my friend,forget about this people,it is likely to be one useless estherbreakthrough agency.they are fake! about fees charged by these agencies,even peopletemp of all agencies ask my sister to bring 500 to write a test.na wah oooooooooooooo!
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by saintsola(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2006
they are not 419ers.Just that internet has made life easier.Gone are those days,they would have ask you to come to there office and it's when you get there that they will give u a list of recipes of jobs.And after you have chosen the one that suits your qualification they will now ask you to pay a processing fees.one thing i know they have added is written materials.
if i were to be in your shoes i won't  give it a second thought because of the monetary involvement.
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by Rhea(f): 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2006
Eustace,

This is a typical example of a 419 syndicate. Any recruitment agency recruits for, and then charges the firm that has delegated them to do the job. The candidate has absolutely nothing to spend.

Do not be lured into such a dubious syndicate.
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by georgee(m): 3:35pm On Aug 03, 2006
Pls,can somebody give me EFCC's numbers,these idiots need 2 b arrested!!!
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by nunu(f): 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2006
they are fraudsters,don't pay any money to them.

@HARDWARE,
u really know how to speak your mind but your vocabulary na .
besides,what state are you from? grin
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by Seun(m): 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2006
GIve us the name of the "company" in question as well as the website address whereyou learnt abou the "job".

This way, we would be able to caution others. If you want to contact EFCC, supply the same information.
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by apostle: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2006
I also went to drop my cv at one vigil tours and the also requested for #500 from us. Let's fight these guys who want to prey on our vulnrability. angry angry angry
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by nunu(f): 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2006
@seun
the website is http://www.jobsearch-ng.com/ , the company is called esther breakthrough ltd. i applied and i got this auto reply telling me to pay a specified amount of money.
of course, i knew it was bogus.
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by cosmorpel(m): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2006
We ve discussed on dis issue b4. Inshot i thanx u pple 4 publishin d names & website of all dis 419ners consultance firm. Pls nobody shud pay money 4 job not yet done by them.
Thanx guyz
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by cosmorpel(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2006
We ve discussed on dis issue b4. Inshot i thanx u pple 4 publishin d names & website of all dis 419ners consultance firm. Pls nobody shud pay money 4 job not yet done by them.
Thanx guyz
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by kitaun(m): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2006
Well, you all have spoken well.
May i quickly add here that all these things border on choice.For all i know and care the mail in question definitely is from Estherbreakthrough just like Nunu said and when you post your CV to them u will get an autogenerated response in less than 2 minutes which will tell you to come in less than two weeks with writing materials with certain amount of money shocked shocked
Well it happened to me 5 months ago and believe you me i was pissed at the fact that they were so eager to give a response and invite me over shocked shocked shocked,
Does that mean they have vacancies for all disciplines, they dont even take out time to properly appraise cvs shocked shocked nna mennn i no dey dat one abeg grin grin
well on the other hand, there are some recruiting coys that i know like Peopletemp who i heard will tell you to bring a sum of 500 bucks and truly they get jobs for those that pass their tests, mark my words, na demsay
So, in essence what am i trying to say is if you tell people not to go for such in order not to waste their money, energy, even their emotions that might be trampled upon, some will feel you are not giving the best advise so guyz its up to you to decide whether you want to experience being scammed before getting a job or otherwise,the 411 is OPEN YA EYE WELL WELL[b][/b] cool cool cool
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by SOJ(m): 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2006
hmm,kitaun's quite right. its ur game to play:there r genuine recruitment agencies out there and PeopleTemp is sure one of them.If they ask 4 a million,i'll hand it to them o.On the other hand, there are a dirty lot out there. Iav a feeling EatherBreakthrough is one of them,also Primesavic,Nigeriajob.com,jobaweb.com etc. Just open ur eyes and make a background check on them to validate thier claims o. cheers
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by chinnybabe(f): 12:33am On Aug 04, 2006
@ SOJ i agree with u most especially on estherbreakthro n primsavic,so nairalanders beware o!!
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by Eustace: 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2006
THANKS NAIRALANDERS,
i like the way u guys responded to my call for help. infact am amazed at the spirit of brotherliness exbited by members of this forum. with this type of spirit ,the sky cannot be our limit but our starting point. we shall all definitely get there soonest.
keep the flag flying.
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by crito(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2006
this is surely esther breakthrough,they are only interested in ur dough.pls keep off. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by noellamba: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2006
Please, do not mind them. I was also sent an automated mail in less than 60 seconds and mine was for me to come on the 5th of August. Nairalanders lets stay clear of such fraudsters.
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by bimbome: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2006
my dear just ignore the message, they are 419ers! Esther breakthrough koo Esther Breakthrough nii,
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by mesampy(f): 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2006
hear hear
i also applied for estherbreakthru and the speed which i got the reply for interview was so amazing i felt they were just after money.is it after i have paid they will look at my c.v and say whether they need me or not?it was just too suspicious.since i wasnt comfortable i didnt bother.
i went for the vigil tours today and they said that the application was closed.apparantly so many pple had applied,they couldnt take any more applications.the deadline was supposed to be on the 17th.only God will help us.who knows if they are even real?i didnt hear anything about money anyway.
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by dearie(m): 12:04am On Aug 05, 2006
Kitaun has expressed my mind on this issue. I believe 85% of agencies that request for money under the cloak of registration or otherwise are fake.

So take extra-time to investigate such cases b4 you part with that money, it may not cost you anything to part with the money, but the effect is that it'll encourage them to stay on.

So lets KICK THEM OUT!
Re: Asked To Bring Money To Job Interview: Is This 419? by lovestinks(f): 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2006
VERY NICE TREND HERE,,BUT I DONT SEE THE REASON WHY THE EMPLOYEE HAS TO BE THE ONE TO PAY THEM.THESE AGENCIES GET PAIDED BY THE COMPANIES WHO USE THEIR SERVICES BECOS GETTING THE RIGHT EMPLOYEE IN THE COMPANYS BEST INTEREST. I VE LIVED IN THE UK FOR YEARS AND VE NEVER PAID OR HEARD OF SOMEONE PAYING TO USE AGENCIES, WE ARE NOT THEIR SOURCE OF INCOME ITS THE COMPANIES, MY FELOW NIJAS AND JOBSEEKS WE SHOULD KNOW OUTR RIGHT AND NOT LET PEOPLE EXPLOIT US, NO MATTER HOW LITTLE THE MONEY IS, U MAY THINK 1,500 IS NOTHING BUT THINK HOW MUCH THEY WILL MAKE IF 1000 PEOPLE PAY, IF ITS THAT EASY I SHOULD BE STARTING A RECUIRTMENT AGENCY IN NIJA SOON, smiley[i][/i]

(1) (Reply)

Huawei's Test/interview Hints Needed Very Urgently ! ! ! Pls Help / Best Pmp Training Centre In Lagos / Consolidated Breweries Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.