Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years (54970 Views)

Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / Man Returns To Children He Abandoned For Eight Years (With Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by richardjemedafe1(m): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
mrwiddy:
small brsin
mR Big brsin with empty********** Thaz my view
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by akudinaobi(m): 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
So sad for him
Maybe the school should take sole ownership of them sice the father is not showing regards
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by chiibekee(f): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=LilNetty post=27316634]Three children abandoned in a boarding school in Abule-Iroko in the Ado-Odo Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State are longing to meet their parents who have abandoned them for eight years.
WhenPUNCH Metrovisited Solid Model College, the children recounted their ordeal, noting that the absence of their parents was affecting their studies.
Seun Adepegba, 14,Seyi, 10 and Titilola, 13, had been severed from parental love and care since infanthood. After waiting for eight years, they seemed to have relinquished all hopes of reuniting with their parents.
It was learnt that their tale of sorrow began in 2007 when their father, Mr Segun Adepegba, who had been separated from their mother, enrolled them in the boarding school because he could not afford to take care of them.
According to the proprietor of the school, Mr Samuel Ayegbusi, Adepegba came to enroll them in his school on September 24, 2007 with a promise to always check on them.
He said, “Mr. Adepegba told me his wife had just left him and that he could not afford to take care of them, being a jobless man. The children were very little. Seyi was two, while Titilola was five.
“Mr Adepegba had pleaded with me to accept them in the boarding school. Mr Adepegba’s sister promised to bear the cost of their upkeep. They paid an initial N150, 000 for the three children for the first term.”
But according to the proprietor, Adepegba never kept his promise. He said after the first term, the school expected him to come and take his children home for holiday but he never showed up until four years later. He said the school had expended over N7m on the upkeep of the children since 2007.
The proprietor said efforts to reach the parents’ families had proved abortive, adding that calls to Adepegba’s phones were not always answered.
He said, “Whenever we called him and he realised who was talking on the phone, he would switch off his phones and for the next two weeks, the numbers would not be available. When the school contacted their father’s sisters, we were told that they had travelled out of the country.
“When we called one of them, we were told that they had sent money to Mr Adepegba to defray the children’s school fees and upkeep. But Mr. Adepegba has never come here to make any payment since the initial deposit he made in 2007.”
According to the proprietor, taking care of the children had further become cumbersome for him as one of them, Titilayo, had started misbehaving. He recounted how Titilayo ran away from the hostel twice without informing the school authority on the excuse that she was going to look for her father.
Ever since she was found, the proprietor said the school had had to keep her in a room, under tight surveillance, because she had vowed to run away to find her father.
He said, “The school is not even bothered by the cost of their upkeep. But anytime the school closed for holiday and parents come around to take their children home, Titilayo would fall into a sober mood and twice, she had run away from the hostel without informing anyone. It was a resident who stopped her and brought her back to the school.
Some of the teachers, who spoke withPUNCH Metroduring the visit, said the absence of the children’s parents was seriously affecting their studies. They said the appearance of their parents would boost their academic performance.
While recounting their days with their father, the children said he celebrated birthdays with them. They said they had never met their mother.
Titilayo said, “We do not know who our mother is. We grew up in Yaba, Lagos and all we remember is that there was a woman that washed our clothes and took care of us until we came here. We knew she was not our mother.”
Seyi, the youngest of the trio, however, was an exception as she kept a cheerful look during the visit. Seyi, who told our correspondent her dream was to become a medical doctor said, “Although I have a faint memory of my father, I will like to see him. If he comes today, I will ask him why he left us for so long.”
Seun added, “I don’t care how long he has left us. I just want to see him. I really need to see him.” WhenPUNCH Metrocalled Adepegba on Thursday, his phones were switched off.
Source: www.punchng.com/news/man-abandons-children-in-boarding-school-for-eight-years/[/quote
Nobody know d man's condition. From my own view, I think its better for the kids to stay in school without their father than to stay with their father and not go to school (selling pure water) am not saying the man is doing the right thing. I blame the stupid mother for leaving her kids. Things dey happen shaaa!
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Ayo199(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
I think dat father just discovered that those kids ar not 4 him...if so,i don't blame him bt the promiscuos wife
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Godsate: 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Samneer: 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
Whilst other people are struggling and praying to God, to get just one kid; the irresponsible man neglects his own children.

Eni t'ólórí kòní fìlà (He who has head got no cap for it)
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
The man at least made sure he kept them where they would be catered for. I know he shouldn't have left them like that for so long but if there's anyone to throw a dart on, it should be the woman; the wicked, irresponsible wh*re that abandoned those THREE children in the hands of a man she knew was jobless. That's exactly why I don't really fancy marriage. Women are like tides driven by the winds; where your ups and downs determine the security of the marriage.
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by 9jatatafo(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
The heartless man should make sure he comes out to claim these kids and write a cheque of N7 million to pay the school his debt. I remembered in 2007 when my wife gave birth to our first baby in a private hospital, there was this woman that the hospital held and her baby because her spouse failed to show up to settle the hospital bills. The doctor told me that the spouse of the lady said he will pay additional 10k to the 80k the hospital charged for cs. The woman and her baby spent 5 months in the hospital before they were finally allowed to go. Some men are hopeless and useless. Na to straf only dem sabi, dem know say the easiest thing to do to a woman is lay her down but what follows is huge!
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by IGBOSON1: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ojestas:
shocked . F*Ck Mr. Adepegba. .

^^^I don't think you wanna use the words f*CK and Mr Adepegba in the same sentence!......Dude might see that as a challenge and take you up on it! lipsrsealed
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Policewoman(f): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
I'm not surprised, coming from a cone head.
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Ojestas(m): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I don't think you wanna use the words f*CK and Mr Adepegba in the same sentence!......Dude might see that as a challenge and take you up on it! lipsrsealed
bro, I don't get u.
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by eedris07(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
What a heartless father, #inyorubavoice# Omashe'oo..
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by oyeludef(m): 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2014
Edusouls:
What else should the man do, as their useless mother have abandoned them and the man have no job, he should keep them with him to suffer nahh? He did the right thing my brother, God will never be angry with this man,but will never be happy with their irresponsible and heartless mother, where is she?
e b like say u sabi d man abi na u?

3 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by jude33084(m): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
bizngr:
Hmmm, this is really a sad story.
But on the other hand, he was wise enough to have taken them to a boarding school knowing they will be looked after. He is still better than the heartless people who abandon their little babies in dustbins and gutters. I believe he has an intention of reuniting with them someday.

I don't think the guy is still alive sad
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by jaydee87(m): 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
its such a shame that a parent can leave his children for that long without looking back
both parent are to blame, the mother should have contacted the father to know how the children are faring
what this mean is that even the mother didn't ask the man how the children are coping.
and if they were childless they will be begging God for children now they av children they can't take care of.
God please provide me with a wife that will stay with me even in time of need...
I think this news should be on every paper, blog etc so some on close to the family can get in touch with the man or wife...
And to the proprietor God will continue to give u grace to take care of the children
cos u now a parent to them and treating them like your now is not a small task, u should be awarded by the state govt but they won't see u cos u not in the political circle but I know God will reward u...

2 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by jude33084(m): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
Samneer:
Whilst other people are struggling and praying to God, to get just one kid; the irresponsible man neglects his own children.

Eni t'ólórí kòní fìlà (He who has head got no cap for it)

Where is the woman; their mother?
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by isick(m): 2:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
adeoladrg:
Smh for you people oo!

He dropped them in school where he knew they'll get at least some care. Do you know what it means to be jobless in this country? And more as I presume, uneducated? If you do then you'd know better than saying trash because you have little bandwidth to express yourself on NL front page. The shoes of the father and the children are very sad shoes to be in, but calling the man wicked is to be HYPOCRITICAL!

trash! den u must be a joker! he is jobless and uneducated, that is story! if u are jobless, must u marry? he knew he was jobless, why did he give birth to three children? three f*cking glorious children! he left three children in care of a stranger for 7yrs, children btw 2-7 years fa! and u say that is trash, THE MAN IS WICKED AND HEARTLESS!

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by andyanders: 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
This is too bad for a man to have done this no matter what the situation is with him. To have just left your children and never came for them is just pure wickedness.
They do not know what these children would turn out to be tomorrow. When they become somebody, the useless parents would now show up and start blaming devil while they are the pure devil.

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Christeety: 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ishilove:

The policy of boarding shools is that a child cannot be released to anybody except the person who enrolled the child in their care. If the child is to be released to anyone,it has to be with the explicit permission of the said person. As it stands,nobody, not even the mother will be allowed to take those children. Sometimes even relatives may be barred from seeing without the parents permission.

This case is a peculiar case. As for the man, he is very useless and wicked

I agree with u. I didn't imply that the relatives nd friends cud come pick up the children from the school. I only said that they could have taken drastic measures. Haba a whole 8years.?
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Kanwulia: 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ogun State abi? grin
All things IMPOSSIBLE become VERRRRY POSSIBLE!!!

Twa!!!!
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by oyeludef(m): 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
01karma:
Another foolish yuroba boy suffering from cheap education.. I know you would probacly do worst if you were in his shoes. Maybe use them for ritual.
and what do you stand to gain from such comment. Wat exactly is your point?
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
[size=14pt]Thats my dad nd step siblings. I haven't set my eyes on him for 20years.... my mum raised me all thru uni since she was 22years old. Now im working nd doing fine all of a sudden he has my contact, has my contact...... Thank God for this I will get to see d siblings I never had. I can already see the resemblance through the blurred picture[/size]
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 21, 2014
jude33084:

I don't think the guy is still alive sad

He is very much alive.
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by IYANGBALI: 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
priscaoge:
shocked shocked shocked Can u imagine shocked Seriously some people don't deserve to be parents! How can you abandon your Kids for So long? How comfortable is he and the So called wife ? This is pure wickedness. I blame their mother more. After going through the excruciating pain of childbirth, you abandoned 3 beautiful most expensive gift from God for years? Jezzz people get heart I swear angry angry. Many people are childless and Seriously praying to have one yet those that were blessed with many can't even appreciate the gift. This is disheartening cry cry. I feel for the kids,they must have gone through a lot of emotional trauma angry angry
don't mind dem jawe,let's go inside and produce our own

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by sonofyisa(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
Wickedness bt come o 7million na so our money devalue reach??
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by avuekwe(f): 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
priscaoge:

Lol, Yes that's the question! Maybe he is dead Or something. Like I said earlier, I blame their Mum more. Tell me her reason for abandoning her kids for So long. Let's say d man is dead,what about their mother? Is She that heartless? Why do we have The Child Activists and Welfare? If the man couldn't grant her possession of those kids,She should have fought for it Or even try to visit and see them. Much dear this matter tire me. 8yearsis damn ten much!

well, since you are the human rights activist for the man, let me ask you the following questions :
1) do you know the history of this family prior to this story?
2) do you know if the man used the wife for ritual and the woman had to flee for her life?
3) what of the man used a strange guise to kidnap the kids and send them to boarding school without their mother's knowledge?
4) do you know if their mother is still alive cos those children cant even remember their mum?

so if you can honestly and truthfully answer these questions, please desist from insulting the woman as you do not have the whole facts. Concentrate on the fact u have provided, which is , that the man abandoned his three kids in a boarding school for 8 solid years. What manner of animal is that?
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by avuekwe(f): 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
oyeludef:
e b like say u sabi d man abi na u?

lol. U just spoke my mind. I suspect that he is even the man himself. The way he has been defending the man as against the woman is a cause for concern. Let him please go and pick them up cos 8 years don waka. grin
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Engen(m): 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
adeoladrg:
Smh for you people oo!no

He dropped them in school where he knew they'll get at least some care. Do you know what it means to be jobless in this country? And more as I presume, uneducated? If you do then you'd know better than saying trash because you have little bandwidth to express yourself on NL front page. The shoes of the father and the children are very sad shoes to be in, but calling the man wicked is to be HYPOCRITICAL!

I hate commenting on NL but this person's comment getting 31 likes its so outrageous.

2 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by priscaoge(f): 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
avuekwe:

well, since you are the human rights activist for the man, let me ask you the following questions :
1) do you know the history of this family prior to this story?
2) do you know if the man used the wife for ritual and the woman had to flee for her life?
3) what of the man used a strange guise to kidnap the kids and send them to boarding school without their mother's knowledge?
4) do you know if their mother is still alive cos those children cant even remember their mum?

so if you can honestly and truthfully answer these questions, please desist from insulting the woman as you do not have the whole facts. Concentrate on the fact u have provided, which is , that the man abandoned his three kids in a boarding school for 8 solid years. What manner of animal is that?

Oh Dear u Seems to enjoy jumping into conclusion! I want to believe that u can understand English pretty well. Maybe you need to read all my post from page1 to this last page before u quote me! smiley kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by priscaoge(f): 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2014
Engen:

I hate commenting on NL but this person's comment getting 31 likes its so outrageous.

Lmao cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Bebetter: 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
[size=26pt]There is more to this than meets the eye. This one no be clear eye.... at all![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? / Sad Story Of Woman Who Fell Into Boiling Oil While Frying Meat [photos] / ‘my Wife Is So Smelly, Dirty I Can’t Sleep With Her’ - Husband Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.