Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

RIP! To My 500gb HDD - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / RIP! To My 500gb HDD (748 Views)

Hp 620 For Sale 4gb Ram,500gb Hdd For Sale(no battery) '**SOLD** / Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player / Mtn Nite Plan: Big Rip-off! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIP! To My 500gb HDD by tundeayo2020: 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
Over 400gig worth of data gone just like that? and I was planning on doing a backup but now its too late.

If I can only but turn back the hands of time, all my saved documents, researched articles and powerful tutorials? gone? I still can't believe this is happening to me.

It is as if I just lost someone, honestly guys this situation is better imagined than experienced, please do a backup of all your important files before its too late. HDD failure, bad sectors in hard drive, corrupted hard drive, virus infection, etc are computer problems that are unavoidable.

note::- backing up your important files is better than paying through your nose just to get 20-30% of your files back with the help of an engineer.

IF I HAD TAKEN PRECAUTIONS PRIOR TO THE UNPRECEDENTED INCIDENT.
Re: RIP! To My 500gb HDD by luvlyoracle(m): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Eiya!
Re: RIP! To My 500gb HDD by doctorgold(m): 12:07am On Oct 22, 2014
Eyah. Sorry for d loss. I hope you have tried some data recovery softwares. If the damage is not too severe, you might be lucky to recover it . I experienced a similar situatio abt 2 months ago and am stil regretting it till date. I lost every file i was working on at the moment. Drawings i was supposed to deliver to clients were all lost (am an architect), i had to start all over. I lost my masters project too. I had defended buh have not gone back to submit the final copies. Am still thinking of the way out. Hdd crash can be so devastating especially when there were no signs of impending damage. Try using Hiren Boot Cd. Its a recovery software. You could get lucky.
Re: RIP! To My 500gb HDD by tundeayo2020: 3:42am On Oct 22, 2014
I nor fit even sleep well sef, anyway thanks guys.@ doctorgold, prosperUSA, luvlyoracle
Re: RIP! To My 500gb HDD by martineverest(m): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2014
Go for cloud storage,use one drive by microsoft
Re: RIP! To My 500gb HDD by asalimpo(m): 11:19am On Oct 22, 2014
Burn your data to discs in duplicates,at least.
Burn often.
Research M-discs,theyve got longer data life.

(1) (Reply)

5 Apps To Boost The Speed Of Your PC / Please I Need Unlimited Internet / How To Recover Deleted Files From Your PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.