Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

How To Prepare For Successful Exams During The Semester - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Prepare For Successful Exams During The Semester (458 Views)

Students, Start Now To Prepare For Life After School / When Your Best Friend Turns You Down During Exams (pix) / NUC Bans Re-sit Exams In Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare For Successful Exams During The Semester by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 22, 2014
How to Prepare for Successful Exams during the Semester

You are born truly smart and intelligent and you had better believe it. I wouldn't be writing this post if I didn't think that. The problems we often face in our academic pursuits are as a result of lackluster attitudes towards taking the steps we need to take in discipline and perseverance. Nobody is born a dullard! Men like Ben Carson, the renowned talented neurosurgeon can attest to that fact, the fact "because we may be experiencing poor performances in our studies at our present levels of study doesn't mean we do not have the capacity and potential to become outstanding in our various fields of study."
All that may be needed for you to make that break may be a mental shift and a decision to begin to apply with discipline principles that will make you successful. I will share here eight steps that can help you prepare for successful exams during the semester. You may also be interested in other exam secrets and study tips available in our "helpful tips" category.
1. Attend your lectures diligently and don't play with them

Lectures are where you will be told what is important for you to focus on at your present academic level. I'm often amazed at the number of students that have all the textbooks in the world for their courses and refuse to attend lectures. Textbooks are very good as I'll soon emphasize but when they become an excuse for you to miss lectures, then you're preparing for bad grades. As much as you can, don't miss your lectures, take them seriously and always be on time.
2. Ensure you write down during lectures

Attending lectures is one thing; attending to them is another different thing. Being attentive during lectures is very crucial and it entails writing and jotting down major points, learned ideas, and those things the lecturers laid particular emphasis on. The reason why this is so important is that your note if comprehensive enough will prove to be the most valuable exam-preparation resource and tool. Write down your notes in such a way that they'll be easy for you to understand when reading them.
3. Revise your lecture notes before and after classes

In a post on 6 reasons why we forget what we read, we were made to understand that lack or revision or rehearsal is one of the reasons we forget what we've committed hours to learn. Revising your notes before the lectures keeps us well abreast of what was previously learnt and prepares you for easier understanding and retention of the new information while revising them after the lectures helps your brain convert the memory from short-term to long-term.
Continue Reading at: http://www.mynaijadream.com/2014/10/how-to-prepare-for-successful-exams.html
Re: How To Prepare For Successful Exams During The Semester by zigmatechconsul: 2:33am On Oct 22, 2014
like my facebookpage zigmatechconsulting

(1) (Reply)

Study Math Easily :mobile App That Solves Math Equations With Your Phone Camera / Facts And Reasons Why You Can Get Admission This Year / Should I Go For Agric. Tech Or Maths&stats? Pls I Need Advice Urgently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.