Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,019 members, 7,835,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. (2161 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by festusfeezy(m): 6:17am On Oct 22, 2014
Super Eagles’ interim head coach Shaibu Amodu has been handed a list of 66 players drawn from domestic and foreign clubs by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), to prosecute the two remaining 2015 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers next month.

Though Amodu did not reveal the names on the list but said that Nigerians should be rest assured that those plying their trade well both at home and abroad are on the list for a look in.

Amodu who was at the Glass House on Tuesday to meet the leadership of the technical department of the NFF told journalists that the development is what is obtainable in modern football.

“What the technical department has done for me is very good, they have just provided me with a list of 66 players to pick from,” said the former BCC Lions coach.

Asked if he is aware of the herculean task ahead of him, the Edo State-born tactician said: “I will hold meetings with my technical team with a view to fashioning out how we can pick the remaining six points. It is not for me alone to do the work, it is for all of us.

“I made my position very clear with the president of NFF to make things easy, I wanted to be announced from the technical department where I was already given a job”.

He stated that he is not desperate to be retained after completing the two-match assignment given to him by the NFF.

“If they decide to give me the job fully, good and fine, if not, you all know me that I am not looking for a job. What I’m doing is a rescue job which I have been found worthy to deliver because of my past records,” the man who coached Nigeria to qualify for the 2002 and 2010 World Cup final said.

Accompanied by Amodu to the Glass House were assistant coaches appointed to work with him, Gbenga Ogunbote, Salisu Yussuf and Alloy Agu.

Nigeria’s last two AFCON qualifers will be against Republic of the Congo in Brazzville and South Africa in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by golddeejay(m): 6:45am On Oct 22, 2014
yeah, Amodu is not stubborn. He is their puppet
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 22, 2014
We don't need a coach who is stubborn or a coach who is a puppet.. He need a coach that combines both characteristics well...
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by cumz(m): 7:58am On Oct 22, 2014
I smell FP
please like this post..
it won't cost you more than 20kb....
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by khattab02: 8:46am On Oct 22, 2014
cumz:
I smell FP
please like this post..
it won't cost you more than 20kb....
yeye u go give us the 20kb?
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by khattab02: 8:49am On Oct 22, 2014
I no know say na Nff dey choose players for coach now oo? Amodu one thing wey u go do wey go sweet me na to walk away if u qualify us in that way I go believe say u no want job.
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by Goke7: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2014
khattab02:
I no know say na Nff dey choose players for coach now oo? Amodu one thing wey u go do wey go sweet me na to walk away if u qualify us in that way I go believe say u no want job.

that is what keshi didn't allow the nff to do, hence the reason he was sacked, all those arrogance, tactics and man management reasons given for his sack were crap, nff want to pick players for every Nigerian coach and I have always maintained that if that's the reason, then there is no need for a coach, amaju and his executives could as well form the consortium of coaches, this is why at the end of the day, our football will not grow.

And as for amodu, man must wack, i understand his situation very well but if I can advise him he should ask for his November salary upfront, if not especially if Nigeria looses or draw in congo, im money don enter voice mail be that o

1 Like

Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by olojuede01: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2014
ISOKAY!!!!
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by khattab02: 10:48am On Oct 22, 2014
Goke7:

that is what keshi didn't allow the nff to do, hence the reason he was sacked, all those arrogance, tactics and man management reasons given for his sack were crap, nff want to pick players for every Nigerian coach and I have always maintained that if that's the reason, then there is no need for a coach, amaju and his executives could as well form the consortium of coaches, this is why at the end of the day, our football will not grow.

And as for amodu, man must wack, i understand his situation very well but if I can advise him he should ask for his November salary upfront, if not especially if Nigeria looses or draw in congo, im money don enter voice mail be that o
lol... True talk.
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by AOB1963: 11:03am On Oct 22, 2014
The last NFF were playing hide and seek with factions, elections and court cases till FIFA banned them in August. This resulted in our poor performance against Congo and Bafana. Before those 2 games in September we were not sure if the ban will be lifted, Keshi was still negotiating contract with NFF. Less than a week to the first game, the players were not sure if the ban will be lifted. How can anyone prepare seriously for an event you are not sure will take place? In the case of a coach, how can anyone seriously do a job if you neither know who is your employer nor how long the job is for? The outcome of all that NFF mess is clear to us now.
The new NNF now wants Amodu to select 23 players from 66 to play two must win games in less than 3 weeks time. How does he blend them, how will they understand his tactics or even his signals? You do this kind of thing for friendlies not crucial games. By the time Amodu's list of 23 is out, he will have created for himself in the 43 rejected players, new enemies and saboteurs. These 43 rejects in tandem with their friends in the Press and Glass house will start plotting his downfall. This is not just a calamity waiting to happen, NFF are the calamity that is confronting Nigerian senior male football

1 Like

Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by mainheart(m): 11:23am On Oct 22, 2014
is he from ghana
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by Goke7: 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2014
AOB1963:
The last NFF were playing hide and seek with factions, elections and court cases till FIFA banned them in August. This resulted in our poor performance against Congo and Bafana. Before those 2 games in September we were not sure if the ban will be lifted, Keshi was still negotiating contract with NFF. Less than a week to the first game, the players were not sure if the ban will be lifted. How can anyone prepare seriously for an event you are not sure will take place? In the case of a coach, how can anyone seriously do a job if you neither know who is your employer nor how long the job is for? The outcome of all that NFF mess is clear to us now.
The new NNF now wants Amodu to select 23 players from 66 to play two must win games in less than 3 weeks time. How does he blend them, how will they understand his tactics or even his signals? You do this kind of thing for friendlies not crucial games. By the time Amodu's list of 23 is out, he will have created for himself in the 43 rejected players, new enemies and saboteurs. These 43 rejects in tandem with their friends in the Press and Glass house will start plotting his downfall. This is not just a calamity waiting to happen, NFF are the calamity that is confronting Nigerian senior male football

And its the same nff and media that was accusing keshi of inviting fresh legs for crucial matches, hypocrisy at its peak
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by kliq(m): 4:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
Why is the NFF putting up list for the Coach and besides a 66 man list is just crazy with just two matches to play...I can bet that some veterans are included in this list.
It's all up on Mr Amodu to deliver,all we need is 6pts from the 2 games.

Up Eagles!
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by OXYGENO1: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
WHY ARE nigerians SOO DARK AND UGLY?

1 Like

Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by OXYGENO1: 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2014
mainheart:
is he from ghana
Have you seen any Ghanaian as dark and ugly as this nigerian before?

1 Like

Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by CrudeGH: 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
OXYGENO1:
WHY ARE nigerians SOO DARK AND UGLY?
hahahahaaha dark, ugly with fat stomachs
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Nff Hands 66 Man List To Amodu. by CrudeGH: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2014
hahahahahaaha great looking shitnigerians grin grin grin grin grin grin funk of fugliness grin

(1) (Reply)

Meet Venezuelan TV Girl Who Uses Her BREASTS To Predict Copa America Games / Startimes Acquires FIFA Club World Cup Rights / Weekend Sure 5 Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.